02/25 - Bruins v Sens Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: 02/25 - Bruins v Sens Game Thread

Should the Bruins go on and win tonight I hope it also serves as some kind of mental tonic for the club in terms of being yet another step closer to returning to a more consistent form.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

A.  Dumb play by Lucic on the icing. Call deserved.

B.  Hit to the head by Neil. Will be reviewed.   Hope Jonny is ok but that really looked bad.  Don't know why Brick is ok with this one??

C.  Another bad hit by Turris, will be reviewed.

Two suspensions wouldn't surprise me. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

thornton plays, HE goes with Neil. Chara goes, breakdown.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

with a 3 goal lead (then) Chara had a little leeway. He wanted to go right after the hit. yes you cracked my partner i challenge you. Led to more cough ups than me and i have bronchitis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I didnt have a problem with the Turris hit. Boarding??? He wasnt facing the boards. Corvo lowers himself at the last second. I dont think Turris did anything wrong there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

What I dislike about the Neil hit is that you could see him look at Boychuk, realize he was stunned/hurt and waited until Johnny got up. Chara immediately goes to Neil while on ice and was going to pummel him then. Because Neil stayed down, Chara let him be. Once Johnny gets up, Neil arises from the depths of cuncused and returns to bench. If you saw later, he was smiling to Alfreddson on the bench.

Coward in my books

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: 02/25 - Bruins v Sens Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]I didnt have a problem with the Turris hit. Boarding??? He wasnt facing the boards. Corvo lowers himself at the last second. I dont think Turris did anything wrong there.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    I only found this out recently, but boarding no long requires that the player be facing the boards.  
    The hit just has to cause the player to "violently impact the boards."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Chara shouldn't be fighting anymore.. he loses his balance to easily and falls all the time.  Lucic should have took care of Neil like he the way he busted him open last time.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Impressive win for Boston, especially since it was their third game in four nights. A blowout on Tuesday would be nice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In Response to 02/25 - Bruins v Sens Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]Last game before the deadline. Time for the guys to prove to themselves that they got each other's backs and don't want to see anyone go. I expect maximum effort. Should be interesting!
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    I believe the bigger reason why Boston had a good effort tonight was because this was an important game to win. I believe the Bruins have that extra gear in them when they need it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]What I dislike about the Neil hit is that you could see him look at Boychuk, realize he was stunned/hurt and waited until Johnny got up. Chara immediately goes to Neil while on ice and was going to pummel him then. Because Neil stayed down, Chara let him be. Once Johnny gets up, Neil arises from the depths of cuncused and returns to bench. If you saw later, he was smiling to Alfreddson on the bench. Coward in my books
    Posted by LordByron77[/QUOTE]

Now I want another look to see if any of that is true... what are the chances they show Neil on the bench?

If you are right, my opinion of Neil will go down considerably... I always thought he was tough but not dirty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: 02/25 - Bruins v Sens Game Thread": [QUOTE]I didnt have a problem with the Turris hit. Boarding??? He wasnt facing the boards. Corvo lowers himself at the last second. I dont think Turris did anything wrong there. Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE] Looked like an elbow to me.if lucic throws that hit , he gets tossed out of the game, and then a hearing with Shanahan

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Chara shouldn't be fighting anymore.. he loses his balance to easily and falls all the time.  Lucic should have took care of Neil like he the way he busted him open last time.  
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

And that's a long way to fall. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

Great game to watch and yes we all go to X that came on this road trip

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What the hell is up with Alfredsson?

He must score at least 50% of his goals against the Bruins.

And the guy is about 4000 years old.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Chara shouldn't be fighting anymore.. he loses his balance to easily and falls all the time.  Lucic should have took care of Neil like he the way he busted him open last time.  
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Personally I think Chara shouldn't be fighting anymore because the Bruins immediately become a playoff DNQ-level team the moment he becomes unavailable.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 02/25 - Bruins v Sens Game Thread : Yeah, good thinking, how about just let the Rodent clip or slewfoot the other teams bad guys. Shanny won't suspend him again cause remember Gregorys daddy is pulling Shannys strings. Sure hope Thornton gets off the juice soon, his little brain can only handle so much.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

27 posts, all with a reference to Colin Campbell.

Stalker.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Hit on Corvo looked like a dirty forearm. Should be a a game or 2 but wouldn't be surprised if it is a fine or nothing as Corvo returned. Have no problem w Neil's hit, he was only high on the follow through and led with his shoulder. Tuesday will be interesting.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Good for the Providence trio . Decent game by them. And the absence of Thornton replaced by a more skilled player on the 4th line ( really a third line last night ) produced zeroes across the board. I didn't see a great improvement with that line because of the replacement . I would have rather seen Thornton fight Neill. Sometimes there is a method to CJ's madness.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]What the hell is up with Alfredsson? He must score at least 50% of his goals against the Bruins. And the guy is about 4000 years old.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Obviously a set play by ( one timers by him on his off wing ) the Sens to counteract the aggressiveness of Thomas challenging the man at the point with the puck. It was used more then once . A matter of fact it was used by ( I believe Turris ) earlier in the game when he was parked deep in the corner against the boards.

A goalie who challenges like TT does has a lot of ice to cover to get back in position on a play like that. Kudos to Alfredsson for getting the puck away so far fast , hard and accurate.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

REally good for the Providence trio. Thornton, for the most part was replaced by Pouliot, the only player on the team who plays with less skill than Thorny. Actually, Thorny is a good step above Pouliot, and it really came out last night. All three Providence players played better than Pouliot, do you think Claude recognized the difference. Totally different concern: does Timmy have games where he doesn't cover the right post? Alfie for two Consecutive last night; Philly for two consecutive during the last Philly game. Is it a once in a while thing?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]REally good for the Providence trio. Thornton, for the most part was replaced by Pouliot, the only player on the team who plays with less skill than Thorny. Actually, Thorny is a good step above Pouliot, and it really came out last night. All three Providence players played better than Pouliot, do you think Claude recognized the difference. Totally different concern: does Timmy have games where he doesn't cover the right post? Alfie for two Consecutive last night; Philly for two consecutive during the last Philly game. Is it a once in a while thing?
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

The Philly game was over a month a go. Your concerns are like making a mountain out of a mole hill.