1 Point in 6 Games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

1 Point in 6 Games

It seems Tyler is playing well but has little to show for it in the 6 games since the all-star break.  He has 24 shots in those games and is averaging 18 minutes of ice time which is about 2 minutes more per game than he was averaging up to the all-star break. The extra ice could be due to Horton being injured but I am sure CJ would find someone else to give that ice to if he didn't think Seguin deserved it. As long as the Bruins are winning it doesn't matter who scores but they haven't been playing great lately.  Lines do get stale at points during the year and it isn't unusual to split a line up for a short time.  Often they are put back together at another point in the season.  Is it time to put Tyler with Lucic for a little bit or do you think as long as he is getting chances it is just a matter of time before he starts getting a few points?     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: 1 Point in 6 Games

In Response to 1 Point in 6 Games:
    It seems Tyler is playing well but has little to show for it in the 6 games since the all-star break.  He has 24 shots in those games and is averaging 18 minutes of ice time which is about 2 minutes more per game than he was averaging up to the all-star break. The extra ice could be due to Horton being injured but I am sure CJ would find someone else to give that ice to if he didn't think Seguin deserved it. As long as the Bruins are winning it doesn't matter who scores but they haven't been playing great lately.  Lines do get stale at points during the year and it isn't unusual to split a line up for a short time.  Often they are put back together at another point in the season.  Is it time to put Tyler with Lucic for a little bit or do you think as long as he is getting chances it is just a matter of time before he starts getting a few points?     
    Posted by huntbri

Hunt, I never really noticed Seguin's rough stretch because he has been playing well still. That line looks dangerous most times they come over the boards so I'd be hesitant to break them up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Big games vs NYR Tuesday and vs MTL Wednesday.  It's Tyler time!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Thanks for your thoughts Dez and I hope you are right Boris - a big goal or two against the blueshirts and habs this week would certainly be a great way to start getting back on the scoresheet on a regular basis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Claude put Lucic and Seguin with Kelly earlier in the year, and they had a great game or two as I recall.  Was that the Leaf shellacking?  The chemistry didn't last, but it wouldn't be a bad juggle on a night when the team isn't getting much done.

I'm not surprised that Seguin's numbers are dropping off a bit.  I didn't really expect that he'd lead the team in scoring as a sophomore - I'm still guessing that Krejci will end up close to the lead barring injury.  He roared up to catch Lucic in points last year.  He might have trouble catching Bergeron, though - PB is "on-pace" to tie his career high of 73 points.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

What i notice is that seguin playing with beger and march theres really not as much chemistry with them as between those 2. Seguin is more of an explosive player on his own. hes still learning so im not concerned. Hes a threat any time hes on the ice, I like his pp performance of late, good decisions there and with the team actually slupming lately, its affecting his game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Still the plus / minus leader, so even if he's not getting the points, he's not giving up any either, and that means the players he is playing with as well. A nice overall package to have on your team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

A factor we forget is Seguin's transition to the big boy schedule. Marchand had the luxury of playing every day last year, then was able to kick it up a notch at the end. Seguin never had to do that until this year.

It's a grind...and it's not like he's invisible out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Seguin the last time I checked was only a young 20 years of age.  Too young to tell if there is any appreciative drop off.  It is not exactly as if the Bs team is lighting up the scoreboard with solid play lately, so the mid winter malaise just has one more member, Seguin.  Stamkos is always the measuring stick, but let us face the fact, he may not be a Stamkos.  Leave well enough alone though.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

seguin's game is much more than just scoring, although that is a major skill. His puck possesion and passing are better than most on the team. rarely does he make a bad pass, and even with increasing defense against him, he is still contributing to  both Bergie and Marchand. He is developing into an excellent puck control guy even against bigger and stronger players. Remember, he is a young 20.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Teams are keying on that line with Horton out. Seguin is being hit more and wingers are dropping down in the high slot to foil Tyler's 3rd man high positioning. Seguin will work his way out of it but it will have to include tips and garbage goals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Don't forget a sweet goal in the shootout last night against one of the leagues best goalies. KPD may not like it but as long as we decide games that way he's an awesome guy to have in the lineup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Just a dry patch. As noted, it's not like he isn't contributing. His defensive play is night and day from last year. I have a strong feeling he's going to start lighting it up again very soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Its funny we're complaining about 1 pt in 6 games for him this year. He has already DOUBLED his point total from last year and the season still hase another 29 games to go.

Last season he had .3 points per game.

This season he has .85 points per game.

Talk about improvement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Tyler looks like he is fighting the puck a little lately. Bobbling the puck in scoring areas and just looking generally like he's lacking confidence. He still looks dangerous, so when the puck starts going in LOOK OUT!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Typical sophmore slump for Tyler.

Don't worry about the terrible numbers he's putting up this year.

He'll be productive next season, just watch and see

Sections
Shortcuts