10/03/13 Game 1: Lightning-Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: 10/03/13 Game 1: Lightning-Bruins

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to stinkman's comment:

Gomez just scoredfor panthers  1-0 after first period.

Get out of here Troll, stop spreading rumors!!!

Holy crap, he did score....

I wouldn't lie I watched it on center ice FLA outplaying them through 1 lol. I'm peeking through the commercials. I thought I was seeing things myself.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Tuuka looks real sharp, those legs are so quick.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Speaking of igniting things, San did you see the video of Patrick Roy last night on the Avs' bench breathing fire at Bruce Boudreau?

10K lighter in the wallet Patty![/QUOTE]

Yup.  Wonder if he can top Mr. Playfair?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrkR7ih6f3M [/QUOTE]

Roy loves attention so I wouldn't put it by him. Big Baby!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bruins both deserved and earned this win.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

bush league stuff, I know nothing about his coaching, but I think that 's 100 times more circus than the goons in staged fights.  I hope he tones it down get fired or thrown out of the league.

Well, wait, if he were coaching the Habs it would be good.

They'd call it passion, BH.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Speaking of igniting things, San did you see the video of Patrick Roy last night on the Avs' bench breathing fire at Bruce Boudreau?

10K lighter in the wallet Patty!

Yup.  Wonder if he can top Mr. Playfair?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrkR7ih6f3M [/QUOTE]

Roy loves attention so I wouldn't put it by him. Big Baby!

[/QUOTE]

His players had better not hide their laughing like Playfair's guys.  That would really p!ss him off.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Great game by Kelly-Caron, first line, Rask and boy, I really like Torey Krug ! On top of it, a great goal by Patrice, and Iginla standing for himself !! When Bergy and Loui will click more, we'll have a hell of a team !!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Great game for a first effort. Feel bad for Caron who played well and deserved a little reward finally. Fat looks awesome!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Everyone go watch TT play against Seguin now...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Marchand has that Messier like off wing wrist shot down. Pretty hard shot there. Messier always kept that low and to the blocker side. Deadly.

Yeah but todays goalies are twice as big, and their leg pads are twice as big, and they are on their knees before the shot, so Marchand has to go high.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

bush league stuff, I know nothing about his coaching, but I think that 's 100 times more circus than the goons in staged fights.  I hope he tones it down get fired or thrown out of the league.

Well, wait, if he were coaching the Habs it would be good.

They'd call it passion, BH.

Funny you'd phrase it that way...Roy was being interviewed by SportsNet (I think) and was asked if he had been approached regarding his temper.

Roy cut him off and said that there is where people confuse his temper for passion.

Either way he is and always was a hot head. He might have short shelf life if he doesn't change.

Nice win for the B's tonight. These are the types of Bruins games I like - teams trading chances and the Bruins methodically grinding out the win.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I'm a big critic of Caron, but I definitely like what I saw tonight out of him. He looked faster, and his hands are much improved. He definitely got robbed on that goal....I don't know why a referee who is behind the net, and behind the goalie (from a distance, making it so there's even more ice that he can't see), tries to blow the whistle dead. Yeah, you think you can't see the puck? Maybe don't try to find the puck through the goalie!

I though the top two lines were somewhat "bleh" tonight. Definitely some potential there (as evidenced by two of the three goals scored by them), but I will definitely expect them to develop more chemistry as the year goes on, and be a force by the spring time.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Great start.  Love having hockey back.  Where is my best buddy NAS?   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6jrwzYGUoA

In response to Davinator's comment:

Funny you'd phrase it that way...Roy was being interviewed by SportsNet (I think) and was asked if he had been approached regarding his temper.

Roy cut him off and said that there is where people confuse his temper for passion.

Either way he is and always was a hot head. He might have short shelf life if he doesn't change.

Nice win for the B's tonight. These are the types of Bruins games I like - teams trading chances and the Bruins methodically grinding out the win.

During the summer I heard Doug Maclean suggest Roy would be wise to modulate himself in some situations as his players may only respond for so long to his blow ups before their ears close like clams.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

Great game by Kelly-Caron, first line, Rask and boy, I really like Torey Krug ! On top of it, a great goal by Patrice, and Iginla standing for himself !! When Bergy and Loui will click more, we'll have a hell of a team !!

Agree overall but I would have preferred Iginla respond to a cheap shot. Granted he's a tough kid but with some of the freaky injuries already in fights so far -- I was a bit nervous of losing a key player early in the season just to win over a few Bruins fans. Gotta love the 5 on 3 kills tonight.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Let's see.

Top two lines look like they could live up to their billing.  Kelly off to a good start.  Krug looking like he is undeserving of the "offensive defensman" moniker (and all that it implies).  Caron looks like he wants to be in the lineup = competition might actually work.  Rask looking like Rask.  Lucic looking like he wants to punch someone/something after every single whistle.

That was an enjoyable game.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

• You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Everyone go watch TT play against Seguin now...

Will have on split screen with late start Yotes vs Rangers. Watching the Rangers lose tonight would make the night complete.

In response to shuperman's comment:

Ripping up the streets of Miami, celebrating his undefeated Panthers.

Great win despite having a goal stolen from them, never should have been a whistle at all on the Caron goal never mind a quick whistle.

Good work ethic last night.

Negatives:

Krejci looks like he was playing hurt, I think the back is bothering him.

1st line seemed to have great chemistry in the preseason, seems to have lost it a little last night, but that might be because of Krecji being less than 100%

2nd line chemistry still looking to happen.  I wonder about Eriksson and Bergeron on the same line, their style are so similar I wonder if they counteract each other.  I'm not at all sure about that, but it's somethng I'm wondering about.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Great win despite having a goal stolen from them, never should have been a whistle at all on the Caron goal never mind a quick whistle.

Good work ethic last night.

Negatives:

Krejci looks like he was playing hurt, I think the back is bothering him.

1st line seemed to have great chemistry in the preseason, seems to have lost it a little last night, but that might be because of Krecji being less than 100%

2nd line chemistry still looking to happen.  I wonder about Eriksson and Bergeron on the same line, their style are so similar I wonder if they counteract each other.  I'm not at all sure about that, but it's somethng I'm wondering about.

You're on to something. Find me 2 elements that are very similar but cannot be matched together.  Chemistry.

In response to BsLegion's comment:

You're on to something. Find me 2 elements that are very similar but cannot be matched together.  Chemistry.

I am out on a limb with a half baked idea with Bergeron and LE, maybe it is that I expected them to get chemistry right away because their playing styles are so similar.  Probably just needs time.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It was a great start in some ways, but still a ways to go in others. Still of the opinion that Bartkowski plays a better all around game than all but Seidenberg and Chara's uniqueness. Hope Claude comes around vs. Detroit. five on five was fits and starts with Marchand sometimes good and other times not so synched with linemates. Krug, to me, was not as good as others seem to think, certainly not another Rafalski. Hamilton hasn't matured much either, but he did use his big body better.  Caron played a solid game, actually what we anticipated but didn't see last year. He is certainly better all around than Thornton[ time to wake up Claude, Campbell needs help].

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Let's see.

Top two lines look like they could live up to their billing.  Kelly off to a good start.  Krug looking like he is undeserving of the "offensive defensman" moniker (and all that it implies).  Caron looks like he wants to be in the lineup = competition might actually work.  Rask looking like Rask.  Lucic looking like he wants to punch someone/something after every single whistle.

Let me also add McQuaid looked allot better than pre-season, Reilly Smith is positionally sound for a young player, Loui is both awesome on the PK and PP. Iginla's onetimer is better than an any other Bruins in a long time.

Sleaky, sneaky skilled Red Wings on Saturday. Bruins will not be able to get away with allot of the mistakes they made against Tampa.

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to DrCC's comment:

Let's see.

Let me also add McQuaid looked allot better than pre-season, Reilly Smith is positionally sound for a young player, Loui is both awesome on the PK and PP. Iginla's onetimer is better than an any other Bruins in a long time.

Sleaky, sneaky skilled Red Wings on Saturday. Bruins will not be able to get away with allot of the mistakes they made against Tampa.

Pleasantly suprised by him. I keep thinking he may be the odd-man out if Bartkowski can crack the line up. Not if he plays like that.

• Sections
    Shortcuts