10/03/13 Game 1: Lightning-Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: 10/03/13 Game 1: Lightning-Bruins

In response to DrCC's comment:

Let's see.

Top two lines look like they could live up to their billing.  Kelly off to a good start.  Krug looking like he is undeserving of the "offensive defensman" moniker (and all that it implies).  Caron looks like he wants to be in the lineup = competition might actually work.  Rask looking like Rask.  Lucic looking like he wants to punch someone/something after every single whistle.

That was an enjoyable game.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

Looking like a guy possesed. Whn he's physical and moving his feet, not many players out therre have a bigger impact on a game. Totally agree with you on Caron.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I am out on a limb with a half baked idea with Bergeron and LE, maybe it is that I expected them to get chemistry right away because their playing styles are so similar.  Probably just needs time.

Wrong answer ! you're no Walter White .  Think Chemistry

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Let me also add McQuaid looked allot better than pre-season, Reilly Smith is positionally sound for a young player, Loui is both awesome on the PK and PP. Iginla's onetimer is better than an any other Bruins in a long time.

Sleaky, sneaky skilled Red Wings on Saturday. Bruins will not be able to get away with allot of the mistakes they made against Tampa.

Speaking of defense I also liked better Hamilton paired with Seidenberg over at times last year paired with Chara.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Forgot to mention, I think Thornton looks worse if that's possible.

And he didn't really impress me in the fight either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x. Show golden9x's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Great win despite having a goal stolen from them, never should have been a whistle at all on the Caron goal never mind a quick whistle.

Good work ethic last night.

Negatives:

Krejci looks like he was playing hurt, I think the back is bothering him.

1st line seemed to have great chemistry in the preseason, seems to have lost it a little last night, but that might be because of Krecji being less than 100%

2nd line chemistry still looking to happen.  I wonder about Eriksson and Bergeron on the same line, their style are so similar I wonder if they counteract each other.  I'm not at all sure about that, but it's somethng I'm wondering about.

I still think they should flip Iginla and Ericsson with each other....to me Iginla complements Bergeron's and Marchands chemistry and style moreso than Loui and the thought of Krecji and Loui meshing with Fats opening up space for them makes more sense to me....I thought Krecji seemed somewhat tentative and I think youre right regarding his back...as witnessed by his less than stellar night at the dot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Everyone go watch TT play against Seguin now...

I saw Thomas. Had to look awfully hard to see Seguin. Someone should call Ghosthunters

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Let me also add McQuaid looked allot better than pre-season, Reilly Smith is positionally sound for a young player, Loui is both awesome on the PK and PP. Iginla's onetimer is better than an any other Bruins in a long time.

Sleaky, sneaky skilled Red Wings on Saturday. Bruins will not be able to get away with allot of the mistakes they made against Tampa.

Speaking of defense I also liked better Hamilton paired with Seidenberg over at times last year paired with Chara. [/QUOTE]

Baby steps with Hamilton in the Dzone. He doesn't looked panicked to me in his own end but he gets the puck takin away during one on one battles quite a bit. He gets burned sometimes when he trys to pinch along the blueline. Easily fixable issues for Dougie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Can't stand Malone get off the ice!

Nothing wrong with Malone his whole family are great people, grand parents, his dad, has a hot Aunt too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Figures a wack-job goalie would like him Hee hee. I'm sure I would like him as a Bruin but he isn't, he's a Lighting dweeb, he is the enemy. As long as he acts a punk On The Ice, he's no friend of mine!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

It was a great start in some ways, but still a ways to go in others. Still of the opinion that Bartkowski plays a better all around game than all but Seidenberg and Chara's uniqueness. Hope Claude comes around vs. Detroit. five on five was fits and starts with Marchand sometimes good and other times not so synched with linemates. Krug, to me, was not as good as others seem to think, certainly not another Rafalski. Hamilton hasn't matured much either, but he did use his big body better.  Caron played a solid game, actually what we anticipated but didn't see last year. He is certainly better all around than Thornton[ time to wake up Claude, Campbell needs help].

I thought Krug was fantastic last night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Figures a wack-job goalie would like him Hee hee. I'm sure I would like him as a Bruin but he isn't, he's a Lighting dweeb, he is the enemy. As long as he acts a punk On The Ice, he's no friend of mine!

Actually San his Grand Parents were neighbors of mine & I went to School with Ryan's aunt. Ryan's Dad- Greg gave me my first puck concussion when his was with the Pens & home for a summer visit. Met Ryan a few times when he was a kid. Played some shinny with his Uncle Jimmy (Brad Malone of the Av's Dad). Ryan's Grandfather Bill was known as "Wild Bill" when he played some Senior hockey in NB. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm sure he and his family are awesome. No reason for me not believe you. I'm actually liking him more if he or a member of their family hit Nite in the head LoL

The Tampa Lighting, all their players and all ex-UNB college hockey players are Pukes!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'm sure he and his family are awesome. No reason for me not believe you. I'm actually liking him more if he or a member of their family hit Nite in the head LoL

The Tampa Lighting, all their players and all ex-UNB college hockey players are Pukes!

Yep Greg Malone put me out cold when I was 10 yrs old. lol

I think Bill played more for St. Thomas than UNB. Tongue Out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to bogie6's comment:

It was a great start in some ways, but still a ways to go in others. Still of the opinion that Bartkowski plays a better all around game than all but Seidenberg and Chara's uniqueness. Hope Claude comes around vs. Detroit. five on five was fits and starts with Marchand sometimes good and other times not so synched with linemates. Krug, to me, was not as good as others seem to think, certainly not another Rafalski. Hamilton hasn't matured much either, but he did use his big body better.  Caron played a solid game, actually what we anticipated but didn't see last year. He is certainly better all around than Thornton[ time to wake up Claude, Campbell needs help].

I thought Krug was fantastic last night.

he didn't look too good on the TB goal.

Sections
Shortcuts