10 2 2 and people are complaining?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: 10 2 2 and people are complaining?

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Jared Boll is the only player, on Colombus top six, that Peverley has a better overall game than as of today but not by much. That's one player on one team...

Jaret Boll isn't on any team's first two lines.  I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but whatever the source, find a new one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Jared Boll is the only player, on Colombus top six, that Peverley has a better overall game than as of today but not by much. That's one player on one team...

Jaret Boll isn't on any team's first two lines.  I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but whatever the source, find a new one.

He averages the least amount of TOI of any player on the Blue Jackets (7:47). He is lucky to be in the top 12 let alone being a top 6.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Chiarelli isn't looking to replace one of the top six on Boston, are you suggesting that they'd trade for another team's top six player and put him on the B's third line?

I am not understanding posters stances that a top 6 forward from another team would not or could not play on the 3rd line. or at times in a game someone like Seguin or Horton, when they are slumping, could be dropped to the 3rd line.

To me it seems like sometimes Bruins fans are suggesting that an expiring contract player that is brought in to help Boston would not settle for 3rd line duties or Julien doesn't have the cahonas to throw Seguin or Horton on the 3rd line when they playing terribly. (they both have had terrible streaks this season).

You think an NHL player would pull a Scotty Pippen during the middle of a game ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am not understanding posters stances that a top 6 forward from another team would not or could not play on the 3rd line. or at times in a game someone like Seguin or Horton, when they are slumping, could be dropped to the 3rd line.

To me it seems like sometimes Bruins fans are suggesting that an expiring contract player that is brought in to help Boston would not settle for 3rd line duties or Julien doesn't have the cahonas to throw Seguin or Horton on the 3rd line when they playing terribly. (they both have had terrible streaks this season).

You think an NHL player would pull a Scotty Pippen during the middle of a game ?

San, it's like we're talking different languages here.

I'm trying to understand what you're saying, but it seems as if I'm not asking the question correctly or you're not reading it right.  I'm just trying to understand what you're saying.

If the B's are going to trade for another team's top six forward, he'd either have to play on the third line here, or one of the B's top six would have to go elsewhere.

---

No, there is no way Horton pr Seguin takes third line duty.  They play through their slumps unless the lack of results is attitude/effort driven, which hasn't been the case for either on a nightly basis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jaret Boll isn't on any team's first two lines.  I'm not sure where you're getting your info from, but whatever the source, find a new one. [/QUOTE]

Nice try, you still have only named one team. Your opinion of which players on Colombus are worse or better than Kelly or Peverley hasn't helped your argument so far. Peverley and Boll have the same stats and I mentioned there "overall play as of today".

Keep looking...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

San, it's like we're talking different languages here.

I'm trying to understand what you're saying, but it seems as if I'm not asking the question correctly or you're not reading it right.  I'm just trying to understand what you're saying.

If the B's are going to trade for another team's top six forward, he'd either have to play on the third line here, or one of the B's top six would have to go elsewhere.

---

No, there is no way Horton pr Seguin takes third line duty.  They play through their slumps unless the lack of results is attitude/effort driven, which hasn't been the case for either on a nightly basis.

This is the way I feel on what he's saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4hvH_xw2Dw

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Look at that you were able to find a link to call someone out. Bravo you finally did it little boy...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Look at that you were able to find a link to call someone out. Bravo you finally did it little boy...

Nasty mood today .......eh, my friend ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment: Look at that you were able to find a link to call someone out. Bravo you finally did it little boy...

Nasty mood today .......eh, my friend ? [/QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/8973971/boston-bruins-general-manager-peter-chiarelli-looking-improve

"I like our forwards," said Chiarelli, who was in Long Island Monday, New York City Tuesday and Pittsburgh Wednesday scouting games. "I project every year on how many goals these guys will score and I think we have guys that can score. But every year I look for depth, and I'll continue to look for depth."

"But now scoring depth projects a higher line of player than a third- or fourth-line player," he said. "We're in a position where we can add earlier so we're just trying to create our search, and we're starting our search earlier. That doesn't mean we're going to make any moves earlier, but we're looking earlier."

"I know they're minuses [in plus/minus], but that's because they're not scoring," Chiarelli pointed out. "They're going to get their chances because they're skilled players on that line. You want them to be defensively responsible and then to chip in offensively, and maybe last year was a bit of an aberration for the total number they scored, but they're skilled enough and good enough where they chip in on a regular basis."

It's really quite that simple to base my opinion and find a quote or a thread I was reffering too. Maybe one day...

PS. I know i've heard it already "Just becase he said it the media doesn't mean he meant it" and "you are really looking bad here".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nice try, you still have only named one team. Your opinion of which players on Colombus are worse or better than Kelly or Peverley hasn't helped your argument so far. Peverley and Boll have the same stats and I mentioned there "overall play as of today".

Keep looking...

What's your deal? 

Too many whiskeys for breakfast?

You suggest that Boll is a Top 6 forward in Columbus, and now you're pointing to their stats to suggest that their overall play as of today is similar.

Jesus, I don't get what's going on around here.  It's like over the past month or so, more than half of the high quality members have eaten reeeeetard sandwiches before posting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"you are really looking bad here".

You won't hear me say that to you, San.

When people want others to believe in their point of view, they'll go out of their way to tell others how bad they look, instead of letting the conversation speak for itself.

It's a poor tactic in any discussion or argument.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Okay, so it's not just me.  I have read and re-read the responses in the conversation, and they just don't make any sense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment: Look at that you were able to find a link to call someone out. Bravo you finally did it little boy...

Nasty mood today .......eh, my friend ?

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/8973971/boston-bruins-general-manager-peter-chiarelli-looking-improve

"I like our forwards," said Chiarelli, who was in Long Island Monday, New York City Tuesday and Pittsburgh Wednesday scouting games. "I project every year on how many goals these guys will score and I think we have guys that can score. But every year I look for depth, and I'll continue to look for depth."

"But now scoring depth projects a higher line of player than a third- or fourth-line player," he said. "We're in a position where we can add earlier so we're just trying to create our search, and we're starting our search earlier. That doesn't mean we're going to make any moves earlier, but we're looking earlier."

"I know they're minuses [in plus/minus], but that's because they're not scoring," Chiarelli pointed out. "They're going to get their chances because they're skilled players on that line. You want them to be defensively responsible and then to chip in offensively, and maybe last year was a bit of an aberration for the total number they scored, but they're skilled enough and good enough where they chip in on a regular basis."

It's really quite that simple to base my opinion and find a quote or a thread I was reffering too. Maybe one day...

PS. I know i've heard it already "Just becase he said it the media doesn't mean he meant it" and "you are really looking bad here".

[/QUOTE]

Really ? Didn't know a person could look bad for not understanding comments that are all over the place. 

It truly is confusing how you post at times.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:Nice try, you still have only named one team. Your opinion of which players on Colombus are worse or better than Kelly or Peverley hasn't helped your argument so far. Peverley and Boll have the same stats and I mentioned there "overall play as of today".

Keep looking...

What's your deal? 

Too many whiskeys for breakfast?

You suggest that Boll is a Top 6 forward in Columbus, and now you're pointing to their stats to suggest that their overall play as of today is similar.

I didn't say Boll was a top 6 forward but I did mention his stats are just as good Peverley's as of today in the 2013 season with less icetime. Get yor facts straight!

Please name some teams were Kelly and Peverley would be top 6 forwards...

PS. Whiskeys are for lunch, now Vodka...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

WTF?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I didn't say Boll was a top 6 forward but I did mention his stats are just as good Peverley's as of today in the 2013 season with less icetime. Get yor facts straight!

Please name some teams were Kelly and Peverley would be top 6 forwards...

PS. Whiskeys are for lunch, now Vodka...

[/QUOTE]

"Jared Boll is the only player, on Colombus top six,"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

WTF?

Beat me to it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

WTF?

Ok Boll is a 4th line player with better stats than Peverley.

Now name some more teams that Kelly and Peverley would be top six players on ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

You would've said the same about Pouliot last year and guess what, he's a top six player with the Lightning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Phoenix

Buffalo

(Columbus)

Washington

Florida

Nashville

Colorado

NYI

and probably others as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

You would've said the same about Pouliot last year and guess what, he's a top six player with the Lightning.

Pouliot did well after a few games in Boston and is having a great year on the top line of Tampas. However P00 P00s clear into the Washington bench during game 7s overtime mad up for his 16 regular season goals.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

You're judging Peverley based on a 14 game sample size?

How about you judge him based on his stats from 2009 where he has averaged 52 points over 82 games? Maybe that'll open your eyes a little bit. People don't realize it, but if he didn't get injured last year, he was on pace to drop 60 points. Peverley is absolutely, positively a 2nd line player on just about any other team. And that was playing with Kelly and Pouliot. You could argue that Pouliot was the weak link on that line last year and easily win. Kelly potted 20 goals last year....

I truly think that Bourque needs to go....I feel bad, because he works his tail off, but his play is truly effecting Kelly and Peverley.

I rarely see eye-to-eye with NAS on here, but when I do, you should probably listen to what he's saying...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Pouliot did well after a few games in Boston and is having a great year on the top line of Tampas. However P00 P00s clear into the Washington bench during game 7s overtime mad up for his 16 regular season goals.

And that play, of course, was a Game 7 loss for the Bruins.  This is clearly Julien's fault.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

You could almost argue Pittsburgh? I'm sure Pevs' stats would out-do Dupuis if he was playing with Malkin....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

You're judging Peverley based on a 14 game sample size?

I truly think that Bourque needs to go....I feel bad, because he works his tail off, but his play is truly effecting Kelly and Peverley.

I am a big fan of Peverley's but I don't think he is a top 6 forward on allot of teams as he suggests. I used a Boll as an example and his numbers would be good enough to be on the Bruins 3rd line this year and that is not good.

Alllot of posters on BDC don't think the Bruins need anybody but I do.

Sections
Shortcuts