10 2 2 and people are complaining?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

10 2 2 and people are complaining?

Yes, 10 2 2 is great.  Yet people are picking on the 3 & 4 line production, the pp and whatever else.

This has been interpretted as 'complaining'.  I don't think so.  I think what's in the back of people's mind, or at least certainly in the back of my mind when I point out picky issues about this team is that I'm thinking about this team in the playoffs which also means how they stack up against the other best teams in the league.  And this year it's hard to compare east and west since they don't play each other.  That's huge.  You *could* make all sorts of arguements about because you can only compare them on paper or in your fantasies.

If this team plans to go deep into the playoffs they have to have the 3rd and 4th lines produce more.  Or if not that, then more goals have to come from somewhere and then the pp is a valid place to look for more goals.

Or let me ask this question, if they go 40 5 5 and then get bounced out of the first round, is everyone who says "don't complain" still going to be happy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: 10 2 2 and people are complaining?

"I like our forwards," said Chiarelli, who was in Long Island Monday, New York City Tuesday and Pittsburgh Wednesday scouting games. "I project every year on how many goals these guys will score and I think we have guys that can score. But every year I look for depth, and I'll continue to look for depth."

"But now scoring depth projects a higher line of player than a third- or fourth-line player," he said. "We're in a position where we can add earlier so we're just trying to create our search, and we're starting our search earlier. That doesn't mean we're going to make any moves earlier, but we're looking earlier."

"I know they're minuses [in plus/minus], but that's because they're not scoring," Chiarelli pointed out. "They're going to get their chances because they're skilled players on that line. You want them to be defensively responsible and then to chip in offensively, and maybe last year was a bit of an aberration for the total number they scored, but they're skilled enough and good enough where they chip in on a regular basis."

"Always room for improvemnet" is what I always heard from my Ol Man and all my coaches. That is why Chiarelli is flying around the Northeast looking for ways to improve the team.

It's not comlaining to ask for some help on the third line when you know that Ray Jr. just isn't cutting it. It is not whining when you have some fear about the 5 and 6 D pairings slow start. Montreal, Pittsburgh and New Jersey are positioning for home ice in all the rounds.

How imortant was it for the Bruins to have home ice against Montreal and Tampa in 2011 ?

Doing your due dilligence so you don't repeat the past. It's a hockey discussion board if you don't like what is on the thread, skip on by.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"I like our forwards," said Chiarelli, who was in Long Island Monday, New York City Tuesday and Pittsburgh Wednesday scouting games. "I project every year on how many goals these guys will score and I think we have guys that can score. But every year I look for depth, and I'll continue to look for depth."

"But now scoring depth projects a higher line of player than a third- or fourth-line player," he said. "We're in a position where we can add earlier so we're just trying to create our search, and we're starting our search earlier. That doesn't mean we're going to make any moves earlier, but we're looking earlier."

"I know they're minuses [in plus/minus], but that's because they're not scoring," Chiarelli pointed out. "They're going to get their chances because they're skilled players on that line. You want them to be defensively responsible and then to chip in offensively, and maybe last year was a bit of an aberration for the total number they scored, but they're skilled enough and good enough where they chip in on a regular basis."

"Always room for improvemnet" is what I always heard from my Ol Man and all my coaches. That is why Chiarelli is flying around the Northeast looking for ways to improve the team.

It's not comlaining to ask for some help on the third line when you know that Ray Jr. just isn't cutting it. It is not whining when you have some fear about the 5 and 6 D pairings slow start. Montreal, Pittsburgh and New Jersey are positioning for home ice in all the rounds.

How imortant was it for the Bruins to have home ice against Montreal and Tampa in 2011 ?

Doing your due dilligence so you don't repeat the past. It's a hockey discussion board if you don't like what is on the thread, skip on by.

good post!

we need a really good winger for kelly and peverley.  not a stiff.  wheather you get it from moving someone down a line or by trade don't matter.  don't want to play rangers 2-1 all the time sweating bullets to score.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

While he didn't single out his top two lines for lack of scoring, there was a clear message that scoring and executing on scoring chances is an issue for Chiarelli. That may be why he also hinted that the scoring depth he is looking for right now is likely a top-six forward and not just role players for the third or fourth line.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/8973971/boston-bruins-general-manager-peter-chiarelli-looking-improve

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Ya know Bad Hab, trytobearit & myself were talking about the B's play early in the 10-11 season. They had a record of 13-8-2 or something like that. We both were saying how the B's weren't playing well, but Rask & Thomas were bailing them out. We got the same type of "Quit complaining, whining, they're in first place" type of responses. The B's are playing sound hockey for the most part right now, but it doesn't mean there isn't room for an improvement & part of that improvement would be be more production from the bottom 6 & of course NAS & Bookboys favourite the PP. 

I don't consider pointing out flaws, or area's of concern is whining & complaining. As shown from recent yrs an 8th seed can win the cup, or make the finals. So, when you have a first place club whether that's a division, or conference leader you expect them to act like a first place club. To be first you need to be the best. How do you be the best? Play to the best of your ability and/or improve in the area's that are weak. If you don't you'll find yourself on  the outside looking in at the teams that did a better job and won, because they did a better job at exposing the flaws that other team didn't improve on. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Let' face it, most of you want the Bruins to win right after they drop the puck for 3 reasons:

1. So you can beat your chest like Tarzan and say "That's my team." for 59 minutes.

2. So you can drink more beer.

3. You are a lazy fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

3. You are a lazy fan.

What's a lazy fan?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

3. You are a lazy fan.

??

What's a lazy fan?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Let' face it, most of you want the Bruins to win right after they drop the puck for 3 reasons:

1. So you can beat your chest like Tarzan and say "That's my team." for 59 minutes.

3. You are a lazy fan.

No, your the lazy fan.  Chiarelli himself wants to add a top six scoring forward.  The team may be 10-2-2 but the goal differential is only +8.  Since goal differential is a much better indicator of playoff success the Bruins do need to improve their roster before the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

3. You are a lazy fan.

That's pretty unfair.

1) Every once in a while, not every game, but every once in a while it would be fun to see them give a good shellacking to a rival, like Montreal or Pittsburg or NY.  They're a top contender and are capable of destorying a good opponent.

2) Win or lose I drink more beer.

3) I guess you're trying to say that I'm expecting a blowout every game so if they're not scoring a goal I can go to the fridge and get another beer.  Or if I'm not 100% happy with the current team that means I'm lazy.   I'm not sure.

I can tell you I like this team a lot.  I can tell you that a better pp means more goals and more goals can mean more wins.  I can tell you that I'm not happy with elements of the 3rd and 4th line and that other members of the 3rd and 4th line are underperforming.

There are a lot of positives.  I like Rask in goal better than I like Thomas to be honest.  And Hamilton gets the 7th player award 100% sure.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

It's about one thing - and one thing only

THE STANLEY CUP

and what it will take to get it. If that means changes are needed regardless of the regular season record, then so be it. No complaint - just wanting your team to be the best in the world. Then you can "beat your chest". It's the opposite of "lazy"-

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrogdorZing. Show TrogdorZing's posts

I don't know why everyone is throwing Bourque under the bus. Kelly and Peverly have been uterrly useless themselves except when they are on the PK. 

I honestly wasn't a fan of the Kelly resigning. Too much money for a mucker...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

No, your the lazy fan.  Chiarelli himself wants to add a top six scoring forward.  The team may be 10-2-2 but the goal differential is only +8.  Since goal differential is a much better indicator of playoff success the Bruins do need to improve their roster before the playoffs.

Well, that's just untrue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"But now scoring depth projects a higher line of player than a third- or fourth-line player," he said."

Ahh yes he did

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[/QUOTE]

Sorry to pile on but that's untrue as well.  LA won the Cup with a +15 last regular season, there were many teams who were better in that area.  The team that wins the Cup is the team that is playing the best during the tournament...and has the Hockey Gods on their side!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Sorry to pile on but that's untrue as well.  LA won the Cup with a +15 last regular season, there were many teams who were better in that area.  The team that wins the Cup is the team that is playing the best during the tournament...and has the Hockey Gods on their side!

[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"But now scoring depth projects a higher line of player than a third- or fourth-line player," he said."

Ahh yes he did

The B's third line players are second line players elsewhere.  Most fourth line NHLers couldn't make Boston. 

I believe this is him saying that players on higher lines elsewhere need to be targeted to play on the B's third ine.  I don't think he wants to add a top six forward as the B's top six are solid and awesome. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Careful, Hang.  You know, when it comes to evaluting team performance, stats are much more valid than actual results here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Ahh yes he did

The B's third line players are second line players elsewhere.  Most fourth line NHLers couldn't make Boston. 

I believe this is him saying that players on higher lines elsewhere need to be targeted to play on the B's third ine.  I don't think he wants to add a top six forward as the B's top six are solid and awesome. 

Absolutely agree with this.  Wheeler, Ryder, and Pouliot are top six forwards.  They wouldn't be if they were still here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

It's about one thing - and one thing only

THE STANLEY CUP

and what it will take to get it. If that means changes are needed regardless of the regular season record, then so be it. No complaint - just wanting your team to be the best in the world. Then you can "beat your chest". It's the opposite of "lazy"-

Agree with this.  This is an elite NHL team and the appropriate measure is whether or not they have what it takes to win another cup.  B's fans that engage in that back-and-forth discussion have passion. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Ahh yes he did

That's your mis-interpetation. What teams would Kelly and Peverley be top six forwards ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Columbus!

Okay, if that's the case, which of the following players do you think Chiarelli is looking to replace:

Lucic
    Horton
    Krejci
    Bergeron
    Seguin
    Marchand

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jared Boll is the only player, on Colombus top six, that Peverley has a better overall game than as of today but not by much. That's one player on one team...

Who said PC was looking to relace a top six forward ? 

I agree that PC is looking for depth, where that player ends up depends on Julien and the chemistry he has with certain centers on Boston. Apparently top six forwards on other teams would barley fit into the Bruins 3rd line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Okay, help me out here, San.

If Chiarelli isn't looking to replace one of the top six on Boston, are you suggesting that they'd trade for another team's top six player and put him on the B's third line?

If so, that's what I'm saying.  If not, what do you mean?