10 2 2 and people are complaining?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: 10 2 2 and people are complaining?

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The asteriks were aimed at Chowda and described a dog. If it was aimed at you I wouldn't have hidden your name.

What a crock of crap. When  I read it, I got the same meaning out of your post as my play pen buddy did. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's opinion based whether you think Peverley is playing better than those players as of today and you are the one that made the statement "The B's third line players are second line players elsewhere". You also have said Theodore is having a decent year or whatever your description was. So I have that to go on statements like that, as basing your hockey knowledge on.

"You're really looking bad here" in 10...9...8...7...6...ahhh wait a minute, time to start another call out thread becuase you don't like the subject of a thread or is that only on Fridays ?

Why the attempt to change the subject, SanDog?  Let's talk about your knowledge of the Florida Panthers.  Tell me how Skille is outplaying Peverley this season.  Explain to me the differences between Mattias and Peverley in the game this year.

And yes, the B's third line players are second liners elsewhere.  I list eight teams they could crack the top 6 on. 

Sometimes, instead of blowing up everyone in an effort to CYA, it's better to just go with this:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1195873024/hF3F5C276/

And then move on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

When looking at all those empty seats in FLA I was asking myself who on earth could honestly be a Panthers fan?  And I wondered if there's actually someone in the world with a man town in his basement plastered with Panther stuff.  Maybe one, there's always at least one nut.

But then I asked myself who would willingly watch the Panthers?

And more importantly, why?

So NAS, why the heck are you watching the Panthers?

The other 2 teams are Columbus and the Leafs - if you live there, maybe, but choosing to watch them borders on self abuse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The B's third line players are second line players elsewhere.  Most fourth line NHLers couldn't make Boston. 

I didn't change the subject, that is what you wrote.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Now name some more teams that Kelly and Peverley would be top six players on ?

Phoenix - No - Boyd Gordon has 5 points for Petes sake.

Buffalo - No - Hecht, Ott, Ennis and even midget Gerbe is playing better.

(Columbus) - Debatable when Boll (not a 3rd) liner is playing better.

Washington - No - Fehr, Perrault and Hendricks are playing better right now.

Florida - Yes - Mathias, Skille, Kovalev and Shore are all playing better

Nashville - Yah Peverley could play in there top six but he was once waived by the Preds.

Colorado - Yes

NYI - No - Cizikas and Aucoin are better right now.

Oh, my mistake.

I wasn't aware that player were judged solely on 14 games.

I retract all of my statements.

You should retract all your statements. I've already said that Peverley wouldn't be able to crack the top these top 6 above.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:QUOTE] The asteriks were aimed at Chowda and described a dog. If it was aimed at you I wouldn't have hidden your name.

What a crock of crap. When  I read it, I got the same meaning out of your post as my play pen buddy did. [/QUOTE]

Nice try, I was not aiming the statements him. He had nothing to do with the conversation so their was no reason for me too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You should retract all your statements. I've already said that Peverley wouldn't be able to crack the top these top 6 above.

You also said that Jaret Boll was playing better than him this year.

Tell me more about Jack Skille vs. Rich Peverley.  What has Skille been doing this year (while playing with Parros and Smithson) that Peverley hasn't?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

When looking at all those empty seats in FLA I was asking myself who on earth could honestly be a Panthers fan?  And I wondered if there's actually someone in the world with a man town in his basement plastered with Panther stuff.  Maybe one, there's always at least one nut.

But then I asked myself who would willingly watch the Panthers?

And more importantly, why?

So NAS, why the heck are you watching the Panthers?

The other 2 teams are Columbus and the Leafs - if you live there, maybe, but choosing to watch them borders on self abuse.

I am spending a lot of time in Margate lately.  The Panthers are easy to get to and tickets are cheap.  I'm not a Panthers fan by any means, but I do watch them when the B's aren't on.  And yes, they are a miserable team.  It would be great to put Weiss on the B's third line, or to somehow convince Tallon that Huberdeau needs to be traded to Boston.  Mueller is playing pretty well, also.  Obviously Gudbranson would be a great addition.  (No, I am not suggesting that the B's can pry Huberdeau or Gudbranson from Florida.)

As for the fans, there are plenty of them.  One of the reasons it always looks empty there is because there is a high priced, high class club at the BBT called "Club Red".  It is behind the benches.  People with the tickets in the lower sections behind both benches can also hang out in the club with the (I think) free food and drink.  The place is never full, but it's not as empty as it looks on TV.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I don't feel the B's have any huge player issues.  I see no great concern in lines 3 and 4, rather the reality of the unpredictability in pro sport.  It's still only 15 games in, so with the small sample we're dealing with, lines 3 and 4 can easily go to "overperforming statistically" if they have a couple of hot games.

Regardless how well things are going, there's always something sputtering somewhere.  The question is, do you work through it, or panic, and make a change, or changes that can really backfire. 

Work on it....improve, because improvement in any area increases the chance of winning.

I think this group has a shot....as good a shot as any of the other big dogs, but like them, they'll need to be at their best, plus have a lot of luck.  There will undoubtedly be some tweaking personel wise, but I'd be surprised at much more.

The biggest reason for my "relative calm", is simply PC.  The game seems full of knee jerk type executives.  It looks to me like he thinks his decisions through, and has a better mind than most when pinpointing real weakness vs. the ups and downs of the game.

Having said all that, I don't think the team is really playing to it's potential.  The record is great, but I think overall, they're playing a little beneath themselves.  That happens over the course of a season.  Most teams just don't have the players to win a cup.  the Bruins in my mind do.  Just a matter of getting it out of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Florida - Yes - Mathias, Skille, Kovalev and Shore are all playing better

You sure do know a lot about the Panthers, San.  Tell me more about Drew Shore.  Were you surprised that he changed his number?  What do you think about him playing with Fleischmann?

To make a statement like this, I'm sure you've seen a lot of Mattias.  When he moved from the line with Parros to Kopecky, were you surprised that Santorelli was activated?

Kovalev has been a healthy scratch recently.  When I watch him play, he never seems to be looking for his top gear, let alone finding it.  It always looks like he's putting in a 50% effort and, of course, his stats show this.  Starting the year with Mueller and Huberdeau seemed like a great place to be, yet Huberdeau and Mueller have been putting points on the board while Kovalev's half efforts have landed him in a suit.  I'm sure you know all of this, being such an authority on Panthers hockey.  What do you think is the difference between Kovalev's play and Peverley's play that would suggest that Kovalev is playing better this year?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You also said that Jaret Boll was playing better than him this year.

Tell me more about Jack Skille vs. Rich Peverley.  What has Skille been doing this year (while playing with Parros and Smithson) that Peverley hasn't?

I already answered your question(s) when you listded the teams. If I were to list the reasons why those players are playing better, you would fit an argument to make your case and call me wrong.

If PC called all the teams you listed, as of today, he would not be able to unload Peverley nor Kelly. Both are not playing up to their capabilities nor their contracts.

Acting nieve isn't going to cut it, you know what I mean. I responded to your list and you have nothing but a big FAIL attempt copy n pasting a link. I could sit here and say "you haven't watched any of Florida games this year" but i'm not going to try n use that to fit my argument.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I already answered your question(s) when you listded the teams. If I were to list the reasons why those players are playing better, you would fit an argument to make your case and call me wrong.

If PC called all the teams you listed, as of today, he would not be able to unload Peverley nor Kelly. Both are not playing up to their capabilities nor their contracts.

Acting nieve isn't going to cut it, you know what I mean. I responded to your list and you have nothing but a big FAIL attempt copy n pasting a link. I could sit here and say "you haven't watched any of Florida games this year" but i'm not going to try n use that to fit my argument.

You are the one who said Skille, Kovalev and Mattias are playing better than Peverley.  I'm waiting to hear why you think that's the case. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

SanDog I rarely agree with NAS but... I am. Just because Kelly and Peverley are not putting up points does not mean they are not good players. Points are nice but the third line is not supposed to be relied upon for scoring. We have been spoiled with our 4 lines contributing regularly for so long. Peverley would be very good on a top-six with most any team in the NHL. He compliments other players very well and is shifty and strong on the puck. He can carry it around the zone and look for options. He plays down low well and fore-checks well. This is all in addition to being an essential part of the BEST PK in the league. What coach wouldn't want that kind of player on their top six? 

If it's your opinion that Peverley is not a top-six elsewhere having been on a 60 point pace on the 3rd line of the Bruins last year then I don't know what you consider top-six talent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

If it's your opinion that Peverley is not a top-six elsewhere having been on a 60 point pace on the 3rd line of the Bruins last year then I don't know what you consider top-six talent.

According to this thread, his idea of Top 6 is:

Jaret Boll
    Drew Shore
    Jack Skille
    Shawn Mattias
    Alexei Kovalev

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Just because Kelly and Peverley are not putting up points does not mean they are not good players.  Peverley would be very good on a top-six with most any team in the NHL. What coach wouldn't want that kind of player on their top six? 

I'm a Peverley fan, I don't want him traded and we aren't talking about 2011 or 2012. With the salary he is carrying aganst his performance this year has been ho hum. We are also debating about a player that was waived a few years ago by a very good team. Last year is last year but we are not talking about his past accomplishments in comparuiosn to this years stats.

I just disagree that today he would be in the top six on the teams that were given to me except for Colorado, thats all. I respect your opinion.

16. This post has been removed.