10 - 4 - 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: 10 - 4 - 1

In Response to 10 - 4 - 1:
    I posted this on another older thread, but thought that it might surprise a few of the doubters on this board. The Bruins are a combined 10-4-1 against the teams either tied with them in the conference or with more points then them.  This includes Flyers 2-0-1, Penguins 2-1-0, Rangers1-1-0, Lightning 2-1-0, Capitals 3-1-0! The Bruins have faltered against the so-called weakest division (Northeast) in the NHL, where they are only 6-5-3 and against the West where they are only 2-4-2. I am not here to say the Bruins are a lock to win Lord Stanley, only to point out that the Bruins have a great record against the teams that many consider the favorites to do so.  So for all that think the Bruins can't compete with the "best" teams in the NHL, think again!
    Posted by MeanE

I feel the exact same way as you do but I'm sure we're going to be told we can't see the forest through the trees.We just don't know enough to recognize what's so obvious to other,smarter posters........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

If they can get last year's collapse against Philly out of their heads, they should be fine. Hopefully they go in to the playoffs riding momentum and healthy. It won't be easy but I think they can make a run at it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: 10 - 4 - 1:
    In Response to 10 - 4 - 1 : I feel the exact same way as you do but I'm sure we're going to be told we can't see the forest through the trees.We just don't know enough to recognize what's so obvious to other,smarter posters........
    Posted by dezaruchi

I hear you Dez. Does this team have flaws, sure it does.  Does every other team have flaws, sure they do.  Obviously the Bruins would like more consistent scoring and need to play for 60 every night, but they have the Best goaltender in the league right now and have proven they have enough to beat the "best" on a regular basis.  Now they just need to figure out how to beat the Habs, Sabres, Minnesota, and Jonathan Quick and they will be just fine. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 10 - 4 - 1 : I hear you Dez. Does this team have flaws, sure it does.  Does every other team have flaws, sure they do.  Obviously the Bruins would like more consistent scoring and need to play for 60 every night, but they have the Best goaltender in the league right now and have proven they have enough to beat the "best" on a regular basis.  Now they just need to figure out how to beat the Habs, Sabres, Minnesota, and Jonathan Quick and they will be just fine. :)
    Posted by MeanE

It's funny how some won't recognize that TT is indeed,part of this TEAM.We constantly hear,"if it wasn't for Thomas".Well the fact is,we do have him so why worry about what would happen if we didn't?Boston's goaltending is the best in the NHL and goaltending wins in the postseason.Why everyone thinks we'll get outgunned against the "good" teams is beyond me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I agree with you guys the team is good. But you cant blame people too much for being skeptical after 2 years in a row dissapointment in game 7.

PHI - Weak goaltending.

Wash - No D, Meh Goaltending

Pitts - Crosby+Malkin out, Mediocre rest of team.

VAN - Alot like the B's actually, with more potent O thanks to the Sedins.

BOS - Missing a #2 Dman and a consistent Scoring winger.

Given all these teams positions Boston is actually in a great place to make a move for a #2 Dman and/or a winger at the deadline. While, the other teams have harder problems to address. Its a good time to be a B's fan. But I can understand all those who are scorned from years of dissapointments.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

TT hasn't proven he's a playoff goalie ! He was outclassed by every Goalie he faced in the playoffs for the past 4 years...last begin Ward 2 years ago.

Everyone talks about TT and I'm sick of it. There is little difference between

Thomas  and Rask. I'd trade Thomas for a top offensive D man anytime.

Why? Because I want the Stanley cup this year !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I agree with you guys the team is good. But you cant blame people too much for being skeptical after 2 years in a row dissapointment in game 7. PHI - Weak goaltending. Wash - No D, Meh Goaltending Pitts - Crosby+Malkin out, Mediocre rest of team. VAN - Alot like the B's actually, with more potent O thanks to the Sedins. BOS - Missing a #2 Dman and a consistent Scoring winger. Given all these teams positions Boston is actually in a great place to make a move for a #2 Dman and/or a winger at the deadline. While, the other teams have harder problems to address. Its a good time to be a B's fan. But I can understand all those who are scorned from years of dissapointments.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

I also understand the skepticism but I am getting tired of defending why Boston's record is as good as it shows them to be.It's not an aberration.I mean it's not like they're in last and I'm saying they should be better.They're in 1st and I'm saying they deserve it........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

TT hasn't proven he's a playoff goalie ! He was outclassed by every Goalie he faced in the playoffs for the past 4 years...last begin Ward 2 years ago.  Everyone talks about TT and I'm sick of it. There is little difference between  Thomas  and Rask. I'd trade Thomas for a top offensive D man anytime.  Why? Because I want the Stanley cup this year !!!!
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

I remember TT outduelling Price in the postseason but please do go on.........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Dez, you are correct. Why these blog posters think that one player will do it I cannot understand. I am not a supporter of Claude even as he has become more involved lately. IMO, like so many posters, Claude is not too bright or flexible. He continues to fail in the most important aspect of team building which is chemistry. Constant shuffling does not help chemistry develop, and for each player to know where his linemate[s] is , in most situations is what makes teams percolate. This bit of wisdom is just as important in PeeWees as in the NHL. One of the major obstacles in Providence, even with excellent talent, is installing chemistry. Lately the lines that have been playing together are boosting Providence . In the bruins case the year long play of the 4th line is a good example since Campbell and marchand understand Thornton's limitations and adjust their play accordingly [chemistry]. The current Bergeron line has chemistry even with Recchi's diminished skills because Recchi's smarts gets him to where  Bergie and Marchand expect him to be. Shuffling Kreji around is not too successful or smart. A much better result would occur by bringing up Hamill to fill in for Savard. ONE change is better than throwing names up in the air to see who falls where.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

trade thomas? for who? how is the  team better, by losing the best goalie in the league?-  i might consider the sedin twins, both of them. this blows my mind! hab fans should stop disguising themselves as b's  fans-especially with a bobby orr reference.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

TT hasn't proven he's a playoff goalie ! He was outclassed by every Goalie he faced in the playoffs for the past 4 years...last begin Ward 2 years ago.  Everyone talks about TT and I'm sick of it. There is little difference between  Thomas  and Rask. I'd trade Thomas for a top offensive D man anytime.  Why? Because I want the Stanley cup this year !!!!
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

Try doing a little research before posting. You may learn something, and not waste everyone's time, with complete fabrication.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Current Bruins team would get crushed in a seven game series against the Flyers and Canucks. Flyers tougher and deeper, Canucks would skate around Boston all night long. Chiarelli stands pat does nothing, keeps evaluating past Feb. 28th without making a significant move Eastern Conference finals at best.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Canucks maybe but not the Flyers. B's have their number and they are weak in net.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

san dog...who do you go to for your predictions...miss cleo? if superman fought batman who would win, please let me know.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Current Bruins team would get crushed in a seven game series against the Flyers and Canucks. Flyers tougher and deeper, Canucks would skate around Boston all night long. Chiarelli stands pat does nothing, keeps evaluating past Feb. 28th without making a significant move Eastern Conference finals at best.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it.I strongly disagree though as I don't see where Philly has vastly improved over last year(whereas Boston has).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

In Response to 10 - 4 - 1:
    I posted this on another older thread, but thought that it might surprise a few of the doubters on this board. The Bruins are a combined 10-4-1 against the teams either tied with them in the conference or with more points then them.  This includes Flyers 2-0-1, Penguins 2-1-0, Rangers1-1-0, Lightning 2-1-0, Capitals 3-1-0! The Bruins have faltered against the so-called weakest division (Northeast) in the NHL, where they are only 6-5-3 and against the West where they are only 2-4-2. I am not here to say the Bruins are a lock to win Lord Stanley, only to point out that the Bruins have a great record against the teams that many consider the favorites to do so.  So for all that think the Bruins can't compete with the "best" teams in the NHL, think again!
    Posted by MeanE

The Bruins can compete with anyone in the regular season.  They've proven that hands down, however lets face it the playoffs are another story especially the last several playoff runs.

The Bruins play not to lose and they have enough scoring, defensive talent and goal tending to play very well in both the regular season and the playoffs using that style.

However the team lacks speed, they are not overly physical, their coach has shown virtually no willingness to make in game or game to game adjustments in the playoffs regardless of score or where the series is at and most of the team has shown during these recent playoff runs a complete lack of heart. 

And lets not mention that the Bruins got less than stellar goaltending by Rask against the Flyers last year and that had Thomas even played close to Ward's level of play against Carolina two years ago that series wouldn't have even come close to going 7 games.

Those are the facts as they are, not how I want them to be.  Until all of these things change (and we won't know till the playoffs this year) the Bruins will remain what they are - A good regular season team that can't seem to find a way as a Team (coaching included) to advance deep into the playoffs.

Oh P.S. if the power play keeps stinking up the joint they won't make it out of the first round. It's time to get at least one more defenseman that can skate the puck into the zone, make a play or at least be able to control the point. 

Chara has a great shot but is horrible at handling the puck.  Bergeon and Recci shouldn't be playing the point.  Ferrence, Seidenberg, Boychcuk would all be hard pressed to find any time on most other NHL team's power plays.  This is a HUGE issue that will bite them hard if not rectified prior to the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

In Response to Re: 10 - 4 - 1 : I remember TT outduelling Price in the postseason but please do go on.........
    Posted by dezaruchi

Agreed. How'd he do against Ward and how many playoff series has Thomas been the reason the won the series?  Zero.  Price was a fail that year and so was the entire Canadian team.  Thomas outplayed Price but he didn't come close to stealing that series, the Bruins beat the Canadians as a team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 10 - 4 - 1 : Agreed. How'd he do against Ward and how many playoff series has Thomas been the reason the won the series?  Zero.  Price was a fail that year and so was the entire Canadian team.  Thomas outplayed Price but he didn't come close to stealing that series, the Bruins beat the Canadians as a team. 
    PoL\
    sted by bobforte2002[/QUO
    The last time I checked a team included the goaltender so yes,Boston beat Montreal as a team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to 10 - 4 - 1 : The Bruins can compete with anyone in the regular season.  They've proven that hands down, however lets face it the playoffs are another story especially the last several playoff runs. The Bruins play not to lose and they have enough scoring, defensive talent and goal tending to play very well in both the regular season and the playoffs using that style. However the team lacks speed, they are not overly physical, their coach has shown virtually no willingness to make in game or game to game adjustments in the playoffs regardless of score or where the series is at and most of the team has shown during these recent playoff runs a complete lack of heart.  And lets not mention that the Bruins got less than stellar goaltending by Rask against the Flyers last year and that had Thomas even played close to Ward's level of play against Carolina two years ago that series wouldn't have even come close to going 7 games. Those are the facts as they are, not how I want them to be.  Until all of these things change (and we won't know till the playoffs this year) the Bruins will remain what they are - A good regular season team that can't seem to find a way as a Team (coaching included) to advance deep into the playoffs. Oh P.S. if the power play keeps stinking up the joint they won't make it out of the first round. It's time to get at least one more defenseman that can skate the puck into the zone, make a play or at least be able to control the point.  Chara has a great shot but is horrible at handling the puck.  Bergeon and Recci shouldn't be playing the point.  Ferrence, Seidenberg, Boychcuk would all be hard pressed to find any time on most other NHL team's power plays.  This is a HUGE issue that will bite them hard if not rectified prior to the playoffs.
    Posted by bobforte2002

BOB - The Bruins had a choke job for the ages last year.  However, last time I checked, the "favorites", minus Pitt,  haven't had a tremendous amount of playoff success either.  When was the last time the Flyers won the cup?  How about the Canucks?  The Caps?  If last seasons playoffs taught us anything, it's that anything can happen.  As I said before, this Bruins team has some holes, but so does every other club, but to this point in the season, the Bruins have proven to me that they can beat any team in this league.  I for one am looking forward to the likes of Horton, Campbell, and Marchand making their playoff debuts.  Horton has taken some heat for his play of late, but I am going on record as saying that he will be a BEAST in the post season.  It's gonna come down to injuries, goaltending, who is hot at the right time, and a little bit of luck come playoff time, just as it always does!  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

In Response to 10 - 4 - 1 : The Bruins can compete with anyone in the regular season.  They've proven that hands down, however lets face it the playoffs are another story especially the last several playoff runs. The Bruins play not to lose and they have enough scoring, defensive talent and goal tending to play very well in both the regular season and the playoffs using that style. However the team lacks speed, they are not overly physical, their coach has shown virtually no willingness to make in game or game to game adjustments in the playoffs regardless of score or where the series is at and most of the team has shown during these recent playoff runs a complete lack of heart.  And lets not mention that the Bruins got less than stellar goaltending by Rask against the Flyers last year and that had Thomas even played close to Ward's level of play against Carolina two years ago that series wouldn't have even come close to going 7 games. Those are the facts as they are, not how I want them to be.  Until all of these things change (and we won't know till the playoffs this year) the Bruins will remain what they are - A good regular season team that can't seem to find a way as a Team (coaching included) to advance deep into the playoffs. Oh P.S. if the power play keeps stinking up the joint they won't make it out of the first round. It's time to get at least one more defenseman that can skate the puck into the zone, make a play or at least be able to control the point.  Chara has a great shot but is horrible at handling the puck.  Bergeon and Recci shouldn't be playing the point.  Ferrence, Seidenberg, Boychcuk would all be hard pressed to find any time on most other NHL team's power plays.  This is a HUGE issue that will bite them hard if not rectified prior to the playoffs.
    Posted by bobforte2002

I don't necessarily agree with the PP being a HUGE issue. Almost all of the teams very close to the Bruins or above them (minus TB) have very similar PP numbers, and the Bruin's are second to only PHI in 5 on 5 goals for/against. They are also third in the league on the PK, so I'm more worried about any slowdown of scoring in 5 on 5 play rather than a lack of producing on the PP.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 10 - 4 - 1 : That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it.I strongly disagree though as I don't see where Philly has vastly improved over last year(whereas Boston has).
    Posted by dezaruchi

PHI 2011 GAA per game 2.54 2010 GAA per game 2.71. Sergei Bobrovsky .920 save % Philadelphia is not the same team they were last year they are and it starts with their goaltending. That's not just opinion there are stats to back it up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Thomas stole most of those games. The Bruins are 2-6 against the West where they play good hockey. Not encouraging........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

I just hope they don't meet Montreal in the first round because there may not be a second. Aside from Montreal having Boston's number in the playoffs Price has shown this year that he can steal games all by himself once again. I think he has the potential to do what Halak did last year and that combined with the Bruins playoff record against the Habs is avery scary proposition. Please let them face another team in the first round even with Tim between the pipes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I don't see how people consider philly's goaltending weak. Sure you could could say bob is unproven, but he has played like a top 10 goalie this year.

I think boston would lose to philly in 5-6 games. They are the cream of the crop. Any of their top 3 lines is good enough to be bostons first line. IMO best overall defense in the NHL. You know your D is good when your 3rd pair is +20. If bob maintains this level of play in the playoffs, I can't see them not making it back to the cup finals

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Savvvy. Show Savvvy's posts

In Response to Re: 10 - 4 - 1 : That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it.I strongly disagree though as I don't see where Philly has vastly improved over last year(whereas Boston has).
    Posted by dezaruchi

They went into the playoffs last year as an 8 sead. This year they are arguably the best team in the Leauge. They have a revamped D-Core, and thier offence is igniting on all cylinders. Not to mention Bobrovsky has been playing pretty well for them.

I'm not going to say the B's haven't improved too, but the flyers have "Drastically Improved"

Sections
Shortcuts