10 - 4 - 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Re: 10 - 4 - 1

In Response to Re: 10 - 4 - 1:
    Thomas stole most of those games. The Bruins are 2-6 against the West where they play good hockey. Not encouraging........
    Posted by nash99

Actually 2-4-2, which is not discouraging either.  I don't expect to see any of the teams that the Bruins have played in the West make it to the Stanley Cup Finals.  Which may sound like a strange thing to say, but IMHO the Bruins play to the level of competition.  The only thing that discourages me has been their play vs. the Canadiens.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: 10 - 4 - 1 : They went into the playoffs last year as an 8 sead. This year they are arguably the best team in the Leauge. They have a revamped D-Core, and thier offence is igniting on all cylinders. Not to mention Bobrovsky has been playing pretty well for them. I'm not going to say the B's haven't improved too, but the flyers have "Drastically Improved"
    Posted by Savvvy

You & the Dog may be right.  However, the Flyers have yet to beat the Bruins in regulation this season.  I would love for the Bruins to get another crack at the Flyers in the playoffs!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: 10 - 4 - 1 : You & the Dog may be right.  However, the Flyers have yet to beat the Bruins in regulation this season.  I would love for the Bruins to get another crack at the Flyers in the playoffs!  
    Posted by MeanE

What does it matter. The flyers beat the bruins 2-1. That still counts as a win in the playoffs. The other 2 games- Philly had boucher in net and thomas stole the first game

... Hardly anything convincing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Dez, you are correct. Why these blog posters think that one player will do it I cannot understand. I am not a supporter of Claude even as he has become more involved lately. IMO, like so many posters, Claude is not too bright or flexible. He continues to fail in the most important aspect of team building which is chemistry. Constant shuffling does not help chemistry develop, and for each player to know where his linemate[s] is , in most situations is what makes teams percolate. This bit of wisdom is just as important in PeeWees as in the NHL. One of the major obstacles in Providence, even with excellent talent, is installing chemistry. Lately the lines that have been playing together are boosting Providence . In the bruins case the year long play of the 4th line is a good example since Campbell and marchand understand Thornton's limitations and adjust their play accordingly [chemistry]. The current Bergeron line has chemistry even with Recchi's diminished skills because Recchi's smarts gets him to where  Bergie and Marchand expect him to be. Shuffling Kreji around is not too successful or smart. A much better result would occur by bringing up Hamill to fill in for Savard. ONE change is better than throwing names up in the air to see who falls where.
    Posted by bogie6

Bogie, the greatest coach that ever was shuffled lines in
    montreal all the time and won 5 cups . Go tell Bowman professional hockey players can't play with anyone on the team that suits the coach and fits the team strategy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Current Bruins team would get crushed in a seven game series against the Flyers and Canucks. Flyers tougher and deeper, Canucks would skate around Boston all night long. Chiarelli stands pat does nothing, keeps evaluating past Feb. 28th without making a significant move Eastern Conference finals at best.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I'm surprised with your logic.  Even if Vancouver and Philly are tougher, deeper, and faster, there are countless playoff examples of those types of teams getting beat.  We only have to go back 9 months to jog our memories.  How about the 1971 Bruins?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Thomas stole most of those games. The Bruins are 2-6 against the West where they play good hockey. Not encouraging........
    Posted by nash99

And the Maple Leafs went something like 4 and 1 on their west coast road trip last week.  The west doesn't play that well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 10 - 4 - 1 : What does it matter. The flyers beat the bruins 2-1. That still counts as a win in the playoffs. The other 2 games- Philly had boucher in net and thomas stole the first game ... Hardly anything convincing
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

I'll say it again.All Boston can do to prove themselves against the stronger teams is to beat them.It may not be convincing enough for you but what else is there?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: 10 - 4 - 1 : They went into the playoffs last year as an 8 sead. This year they are arguably the best team in the Leauge. They have a revamped D-Core, and thier offence is igniting on all cylinders. Not to mention Bobrovsky has been playing pretty well for them. I'm not going to say the B's haven't improved too, but the flyers have "Drastically Improved"
    Posted by Savvvy

I agree Philly is better than last year, and i'm sure right now, they'd be the favorites going against the B's.  There's a lot of hockey yet to be played though
    and I'm in agreement with Dez and Mean.  They got a shot. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 10 - 4 - 1 : I agree Philly is better than last year, and i'm sure right now, they'd be the favorites going against the B's.  There's a lot of hockey yet to be played though and I'm in agreement with Dez and Mean.  They got a shot. 
    Posted by stevegm

And a better shot than the old "anyone who makes it" kind of shot.........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: 10 - 4 - 1 : PHI 2011 GAA per game 2.54 2010 GAA per game 2.71. Sergei Bobrovsky .920 save % Philadelphia is not the same team they were last year they are and it starts with their goaltending. That's not just opinion there are stats to back it up.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

They've also strengthened their defense by adding Meszaros & O'Donnell.

Sections
Shortcuts