10 games left and 104 points

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

10 games left and 104 points

The Bruins have 10 games left, 3 home games and 7 road games. With this bussy road schedule and lots of traveling should the Bruins start resting players.

The only stake thats still in play is first overall (conference and league) which would give home ice advantage in any playoff series.

I would start resting some regulars and audition Providence prospects. What would you do if you were Claude Julien?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: 10 games left and 104 points

I remember Chara absolutely gassed at the end of last year's playoffs.

I'd send Chara to Florida for a few days and make him miss 3 games right now, if he wants to or not.  I'd also rotate not dressing other regulars the rest of the way.  First or second place?  Whatever... I think the teams the B's match up with are far more significant than the place they finish.  It could go too many ways to try to figure it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Shootout loss, who cares? This team is still on fire! Reduce minutes but don't hold anyone out...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

I think we'll see  games off for the veterans and reduced playing time  for all minute eaters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Only three home games left of the ten.

First overall, may be out of the question. The Blues have seven home games.

Rest is better than trying for first overall.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Only three home games left of the ten.

First overall, may be out of the question. The Blues have seven home games.

Rest is better than trying for first overall.

[/QUOTE]

100% agree

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins will lose some home games during playoffs, they will also win quite a few road games. After how the core of the Bruins have played on the road recently, during the playoffs, in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Montreal and Vancouver - home ice advantage doesn't mean that much.

I don't like the chances for Providence against Binghamton, Springfield nor Manchester in the AHL first round. So the idea of getting prospects in NHL games during the middle of the week when they are not playing is a good idea. KoKo, Spooner, Trotman, Warsofsky, Morrow and Florek etc. Get them in there to spell some players and get valuable experience.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I remember Chara absolutely gassed at the end of last year's playoffs.

I'd send Chara to Florida for a few days and make him miss 3 games right now, if he wants to or not.  I'd also rotate not dressing other regulars the rest of the way.  First or second place?  Whatever... I think the teams the B's match up with are far more significant than the place they finish.  It could go too many ways to try to figure it.

[/QUOTE]

You can't put your top d-man in a situation where he'd go into vacation mode. That's too the extreme. PC said yesterday that Chara, Krejci, Eriksson & Bergeron will be resting down the stretch. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I thought they were already resting the Dmen, and hope they continue to, especially krug and bart and hopes that chara takes a couple off. Up front i think they need to rest bergeron, krecji , not that there playing bad, just that needed time off always helps. Id like to see smith get a break to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought they were already resting the Dmen, and hope they continue to, especially krug and bart and hopes that chara takes a couple off. Up front i think they need to rest bergeron, krecji , not that there playing bad, just that needed time off always helps. Id like to see smith get a break to.

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to Smith start scoring some goals again!

Sections
Shortcuts