10 RFA's that caught my eye?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

10 RFA's that caught my eye?

PC will have cap space to make offers for RFA's to see the GM will match
    If the Bruins can put in offer for a chance to snag or even talk trades:

Previous Contract

radulov        918,000
    fehr           2,200,000
    mcbain         850,000
    downie       1,850,000
    perron        2,150,000
    S.gagner     2,275,000
    versteeg     3,000,000
    helm           912,000
    stralman      800,000
    quincey       3,000,000
    jared boll     900,000
    joey crabb   750,000

Crabb Boll or Downie can be good 3rd 4th line players
    Sam Gagner change of scenery can be a pot luck special for Bruins
    Anton Stralman if the price is right can be a good d man addition

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: 10 RFA's that caught my eye?

Jonathan Quick? haha :) wishful thinking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Crabb is a UFA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

no. just no. again, no

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Downie would be a nice addition to the Bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

You rarely see offer sheets handed out to RFA's anymore. I think it is an unwritten rule between the GM's not to do it. There have been some really hard feelings between GM's in the past for driving up the price for a player & forcing the team to match a ridiculous offer if they want to keep him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Also, there's the whole issue of compensatory draft picks back to the team losing the RFA.

From thehockeywriters.com:

The criteria for RFA draft pick compensation in 2011-12 is as follows:

• $1,034,249 annual cap hit or less: No compensation
    • $1,034,249 — $1,567,043: Third-round pick
    • $1,567,043 — $3,134,088: Second-round pick
    • $3,134,088 — $4,701,131: First and third-round pick
    • $4,701,131 — $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick
    • $6,268,175 — $7,835,219: Two first-round picks, a second and third
    • $7,835,219 and higher: Four first-round picks
    Teams submitting offer sheets must have the necessary draft picks outlined above and the picks must be their own (cannot be from other teams).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Wow, for someone over 7.8 its FOUR 1st round picks. Holy cow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: 10 RFA's that caught my eye?:
    Also, there's the whole issue of compensatory draft picks back to the team losing the RFA. From thehockeywriters.com: The criteria for RFA draft pick compensation in 2011-12 is as follows: $1,034,249 annual cap hit or less: No compensation $1,034,249 — $1,567,043: Third-round pick $1,567,043 — $3,134,088: Second-round pick $3,134,088 — $4,701,131: First and third-round pick $4,701,131 — $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick $6,268,175 — $7,835,219: Two first-round picks, a second and third $7,835,219 and higher: Four first-round picks Teams submitting offer sheets must have the necessary draft picks outlined above and the picks must be their own (cannot be from other teams).
    Posted by 49-North

That's why I think PC will offer Rask a deal at around $3.5 miilion per year. Compensation is decent if a GM decides to send an offersheet to beat the B's offer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

both kelly and Rask should be part of the team next year. The 4th line is most vulnerable. Peter has given Claude his one shot with Thornton, which IMO is a mistake. Caron can easily fill a 4th line spot, and it should have been Thornton's. Claude's feet are stuck in the mud on Thornton and the Bruins PP. There will be a change on the PP, per Cam.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Downie and Perron are the only ones who would interest me on that list.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

You rarely see offer sheets handed out to RFA's anymore. I think it is an unwritten rule between the GM's not to do it. There have been some really hard feelings between GM's in the past for driving up the price for a player & forcing the team to match a ridiculous offer if they want to keep him.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

exactly....

unless you're willing to way overpay like the Oilers did for Dustin Penner, these guys don't move....

and you end up looking foolish and making enemies like Kevin Lowe did....

that said, wouldn't be surprised to see a team in need of a goalie kick the tires on Tuukka if he's free come July 1st....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

sending out offer sheets while still having rfa's of your own is risky business.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to 10 RFA's that caught my eye?:
    PC will have cap space to make offers for RFA's to see the GM will match If the Bruins can put in offer for a chance to snag or even talk trades:                 Previous Contract radulov        918,000 fehr           2,200,000 mcbain         850,000 downie       1,850,000 perron        2,150,000 S.gagner     2,275,000 versteeg     3,000,000 helm           912,000 stralman      800,000 quincey       3,000,000 jared boll     900,000 joey crabb   750,000 Crabb Boll or Downie can be good 3rd 4th line players Sam Gagner change of scenery can be a pot luck special for Bruins Anton Stralman if the price is right can be a good d man addition
    Posted by boborielly224

Jaret Boll on the third line!  

In the ECHL.

MAYBE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: 10 RFA's that caught my eye? : That's why I think PC will offer Rask a deal at around $3.5 miilion per year. Compensation is decent if a GM decides to send an offersheet to beat the B's offer.
    Posted by jmwalters

Depends on the team. I could see Chicago making an offer. With Rask on that team, the 1st round pick would probably be in the mid-twenties, resulting in drafting someone that would be a longshot to ever make the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: 10 RFA's that caught my eye? : Depends on the team. I could see Chicago making an offer. With Rask on that team, the 1st round pick would probably be in the mid-twenties, resulting in drafting someone that would be a longshot to ever make the team.
    Posted by biggskye

Very true, and if that were the case PC would be better served to just match the offer. Assuming, of course, it is not completely outrageous. Ironically, that type of thing happened to Chicago a couple of years ago when SJ gave Hjalmersson an offersheet the Hawks were forced to match. It ended up eating up a significant amount of their remaining cap space too.

Sections
Shortcuts