100 Reasons to Believe in the Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Re: 100 Reasons to Believe in the Bruins

51.  Because Vancouver is foolish enough to name a pizza place 'Boston Pizza'.  Bad karma folks, even with the name change.  ; )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhg92. Show mhg92's posts

In Response to 100 Reasons to Believe in the Bruins:
    We're going to hear a lot of chatter from the experts over the next few days, the vast majority of which will conclude Vancouver is the overwhelming favorite. Not so fast. With all due respect to an excellent Canucks team, there are many, many ways Boston can win this series. I want to hear the voices of Bruins fans on this between now and game time. * * * 1. Timmy Thomas has the ability to steal 1-2 games every series. 2. Lucic will be highly motivated in front of his hometown fans. 3. Seidenberg is stepping up as a stellar shutdown player and can single-handedly take on Vancouver's best. 4. Bruins just gave themselves, in Game 7, the perfect blueprint for success. 5. Despite all of the talk about Vancouver's firepower, Boston is scoring 3.22 goals per game, versus Vancouver's 2.78. 6. Boston's faceoff % in the playoffs has been 53.1%, leading to much more puck possession. VAN's is only 50.04% 7. The Bruins handle adversity extremely well, as proven by their performance under the highest pressure. Vancouver still has the weight of an entire country and heritage on their shoulders. 8. Mark Recchi's finals experience will have a positive impact on focusing Marchand's game. 9. They got this far with an anemic power play, and that power play % can only get better. 10. Boston has better depth. So keep it going....starting with #11 and let's hear your thoughts. Bring your "A" game....
    Posted by asmaha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

52. Julien keeps shaking up the lines in-game and being less predictable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

53. We don't need any power play goal production to win just look at the last 3 playoff series!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

54. The boston bruins are a true TEAM in every sense of the word!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantownmofo. Show beantownmofo's posts

55. Chara will check somebodys face into a stancion.

56. All of Vancouver will call 9-1-1.

57. Anyone that actually does call 9-1-1 will have their heads chopped off with the blades of Chara's skates.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

In Response to Re: 100 Reasons to Believe in the Bruins:
    55. Chara will check somebodys face into a stancion. 56. All of Vancouver will call 9-1-1. 57. Anyone that actually does call 9-1-1 will have their heads chopped off with the blades of Chara's skates.
    Posted by beantownmofo

^^^^ I move to strike these from the record because they are ridiculous.

55. Johnny Boychuk will concentrate on defence first and pick his moment for the big hit rather than attempting at every opportunity.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

#58- Because it is just flat out our time to win it!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

#56- Because it is just flat out our time to win it!!!
    Posted by ejusox21

57. Peverly will be dispatched in just about every situation = secret weapon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

59 Because we want Bruins to win

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: 100 Reasons to Believe in the Bruins : Hey RHO, Congrats! I know you've been one of the fans that's stuck by them all year. It certainly makes it feel that much better doesn't it. Cheers buddy.....4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!! 
    Posted by dezaruchi

60. because Barry Melrose says that Vancouver win the series!!!

dez dont sell yourself short. u have stood in the bruins corner and stuck by them all year. so the list has a decent amount of posters on it that never gave up and it should feel good. cheers to u too 4 more wins!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 100 Reasons to Believe in the Bruins : 60. because Barry Melrose says that Vancouver win the series!!! dez dont sell yourself short. u have stood in the bruins corner and stuck by them all year. so the list has a decent amount of posters on it that never gave up and it should feel good. cheers to u too 4 more wins!!!
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

Thanks Loyal.....your name already says it all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

B's Goalie outplays opposing goalie...this has been a complete opposite in the last 39 years of playoff hockey for the B's. I've explained in other threads that you have to have a shutout goalie, one who won't give up the big goal in the big game. Thomas has 3 or 4 times in the playoffs played shutdown goaltending and it's been huge for the B's in two 7-game series. He has had some slips (more so due to B's breakdowns and poor penalty killing), but overall he's been the better goalie, better than Montreal, better than Philly, better than Tampa. This is the B's year where the goalie is better than the counterpart. It's refreshing and not coincidentally why the B's are finally back in the finals.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclemiltie42. Show unclemiltie42's posts

BOSTON HAS A WELL  ROUNDED HARD WORKING TEAM...PLUS TIMMEYS ON OUR SIDE.GO GET EM.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=1e84081912cad573cc3b7b0af0695bfd&plckUserId=1e84081912cad573cc3b7b0af0695bfd">
    First: 11/28/2007
    Last: 5/30/2011
    Really tired of this stuff about Vancouver having more offensive talent than the B's.
    Can we put an end to this "more offensive depth" falacy for the Canucks?

62. Boston has six players in double digit points this post-season, Van has 5.

63. Boston has 15 players with at least 5 points, the Canucks have 11.

64. The Bruin have 19 players who've made the scoresheet, Van has 17.

65.  The Bruins have 14 players with multiple goals, the Canucks have 12. The Canucks have more top endscorers, maybe, but offensive depth? The numbers for that don't add up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

66. Because we are finally (mostly) healthy... and I can't remember the last time I could actually say that!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

67. Vancouver's gift n smoke shops, Nightlife and Brothels are more conducive to send the Bruins flying high (from the games they played) back to Boston!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

66. Because we are finally (mostly) healthy... and I can't remember the last time I could actually say that!!!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

...:::Reads post.  Then knocks on wood:::...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

68.  The city that saw Normand Leveille's career end so tragically, will also witness the Bruins 1st Cup in 39 years...From the agony of defeat, to the thrill of victory -  B's in 6!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

#69 -- Because I live in Jersey among only Rangers, Devils and Islander fans and I need them all to shut the F up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Lots of reasons around these parts, some from this thread and some from others. Keep it going if you want....#101 is next....

All ingredients Nashville needed to beat the Canucks.  The Bruins have them.

BsLegion

And someone should tell Bieksa that Horton and Lucic are not Patrick Marleau. It will save him from a savage beating....

jmwalters

Andrew Alberts will play in this series before its over and will cough up the puck for the winning goal.

50belowzero

As the series gets longer, the Bruins will gain confidence while the pressure will mount on VAN.

asmaha

Because Barry Melrose says that Vancouver win the series!!!

LoyalBlackNGold

Because I live in Jersey among only Rangers, Devils and Islander fans and I need them all to shut the F up.

zamboni24

Because it is just flat out our time to win it!!!

ejusox21

Because the Pest (Marchand) will be effective against some of the guys on Van who are not disciplined. There are a few.

callodthedom19

Because Vancouver is foolish enough to name a pizza place 'Boston Pizza'. Bad karma folks, even with the name change.

gardenbees

Because we are finally (mostly) healthy... and I can't remember the last time I could actually say that!!!

Bruinfaninnewjersey

Because we want Bruins to win

Win-Jets

Boston has 15 players with at least 5 points, the Canucks have 11.

red75

Boston has a well-rounded, hard working team.

unclemiltie42

Boston has better depth.

asmaha

Boston has Nathan Horton, Mr. Clutch

SmokingJoe

Boston has six players in double digit points this post-season, Van has 5.

red75

Boston is the city of Champions..... best sports city in the past decade...

SmokingJoe

Boston's faceoff % in the playoffs has been 53.1%, leading to much more puck possession. VAN's is only 50.04%

asmaha

Bruins are a better nickname.... sounds more intimidating than Canucks....

days-of-Orr

Bruins can win 1-0 or 6-5 game, we are built to handle any type of game.....

SmokingJoe

Bruins just gave themselves, in Game 7, the perfect blueprint for success.

asmaha

Bruins rolling four lines, all capable of scoring huge goals!

juniorfalcons19

Bruins were the best team 5-on-5 this season.

49thparallel

B'S have better looking jerseys than Canucks.... no need to write Boston on the front, every hockey fan knows where the "Spoked B" plays their home games....

days-of-Orr

Canucks have not trailed once in any of their series this year so I hope the Bruins can take game 1 and see how the Canucks react when playing from behind.

Rufus604

Despite all of the talk about Vancouver's firepower, Boston is scoring 3.22 goals per game, versus Vancouver's 2.78.

asmaha

Do it for Cam (already said, but is worthy of repeating)

perrysound

Even Vegas has made Vancouver a -235 (70%) favorite to beat Boston. Wouldn't it be great if Boston came out in game 1 and won 6-0, to really stick it to and humble those arrogant nucks fans who think this series will be a cakewalk in 4 or 5 games?

abra-cadaver

Everyone out here is taking Canucks in 4 or 5 and not even thinking Bruins will pose a threat.

Rufus604

Fan support. There will be tons of black and gold in the stands in Vancouver. Don't expect to see much green and blue in Boston.

red75

From all the wrap up articles, it appears that Neely, Chiarelli, and others have been participating in the game strategy and planning.

bogie6

How about this one? And I know it's ironic, given how we all wanted him canned after the first two games of this year's playoffs, but CJ is an excellent coach and his system works extremely well.

BigChara

I also hope Recchi gives all that is left in the tank...this is likely his last chance and he was pretty quiet in the TB series.....

jmwalters

I can see Bergeron's line out score the Sedin's 5 on 5 if Chara and Seidenberg shut them down.

BsLegion

I like Daniel Sedin saying(about Chara) that "we see those kind of defensemen every night". I suspect he'll feel differently after the puck's dropped on Wednesday.

dezaruchi

I look forward to a few Ryder laser beams finding the back of the net in this series.

BigChara

I want badly to see Bieksa try out Looch or Horton early on, preferably in the first period of game 1. Looch or Horton would hand Bieksa his a-ss

BigChara

If Vancouver cannot get production from their top line (Sedin's) and Bergeron's line can match or out produce them 5 on 5 it'll throw Vancouver off .

BsLegion

Including Hnidy we have only 5 guys with less than 5 points (Soup, Paille, Thornton, and McQuaid). The Canucks have 13!

red75

It's a great feeling to realize the Bruins, through their sometimes rollercoaster play this year, have proven to be the beasts of the east and deserve to be exactly where they are.

RichHillOntario

JJ. The Bruins are at or near the top in spending. After all those years of him being cheap, he pays to the max, so he can win one now

perrysound

Johnny Boychuk will concentrate on defence first and pick his moment for the big hit rather than attempting at every opportunity.

Kurako

Julien can put Chara in Luongo's face on PPs much like the Hawks did with Byfuglien who drove him nuts in last year's playoffs.

RichHillOntario

Julien keeps shaking up the lines in-game and being less predictable.

asmaha

Kaberle is due to shock some people with some under the radar nice play.

SoxFanInIL

Keeping the streak going of Stanley Cup Champions opening the season overseas. 2011 Bruins??? (Czech Republic) 2010 Blackhawks (Finland) 2009 Penguins (Sweden)

jalvis

Kesler has cooled. Ever since Burrows was reunited with the Sedins, Kesler's production had dropped. He had three points in the Sharks series including a 5-3 ppg.

Bookboy007

KHL

thedauber1

Let me see here..... Forsberg, Lidstrom, and Salming.... tough Swedes. Do the Vancouver Swedes have the same stuff? Not in my book.

islamorada

Lucic will be highly motivated in front of his hometown fans.

asmaha

Make this series about the role players and Boston is in a really strong position.

Bookboy007

Mark Recchi's finals experience will have a positive impact on focusing Marchand's game.

asmaha

Matt Damon is better looking than William Shatner. Oh..  By the way.  Number 28 (Recchi) is the only reason Boston will bring the LORD back to Boston this year.

Canucks-Fan

More Rene Rencourt to fire up the home crowd! GO BRUINS!!

MrVmax

Our bottom six forwards have 43 points already. Vancouver's has 13.

red75

Our captain is much more intimidating than their captain.........

dezaruchi

Peverly will be dispatched in just about every situation = secret weapon.

asmaha

Raffi Torres stinks.

Not-A-Shot

Real men wear black not blue....

days-of-Orr

Ryder has shown a propensity to be reborn at playoff time.

SoxFanInIL

Sedins, meet Mr. Chara and Mr. Seidenberg. Kessler, meet Mr. Bergeron, Mr. Recchi and Mr. Marchand

asmaha

Seguin got more minutes than Recchi

jwb413

Seidenberg is stepping up as a stellar shutdown player and can single-handedly take on Vancouver's best.

asmaha

So that the Cup comes to Newfoundland with a player not an assistant coach or whatever he is.

newfiewhaler

So that this time, when Bourque stands next to the Cup in Boston, it deserves to be here.

red75

So the cup goes to Flint, Michigan. Talk about a town that deserves to see Lord Stanley. There's been nothing else to be happy about there for 25 years.

red75

Something tells me the Canucks are going to find Seidenberg & Ference to better than the Canucks expected.

BigChara

The "irony" factor, Part 1: The Bruins' current President, and one of the greatest Bruins ever to lace 'em up, started his career in Vancouver before coming to Boston (Kudos to Harry, one of the rare times you'll hear me say that), yet never won a Cup. Now he has a chance to do that as a front office guy, and it seems fitting he'll get the better of Vancouver once again.

TryToBearIt

The "irony" factor, Part 2: Milan Lucic is a Vancouver native. Seems also fitting that he'll score the Cup-clinching goal against the team representing his "home town."

TryToBearIt

The boston bruins are a true TEAM in every sense of the word!

LUCICmilan17

The Bruin have 19 players who've made the scoresheet, Van has 17.

red75

The Bruins handle adversity extremely well, as proven by their performance under the highest pressure. Vancouver still has the weight of an entire country and heritage on their shoulders.

asmaha

The Bruins have 14 players with multiple goals, the Canucks have 12. The Canucks have more top-end scorers, maybe, but offensive depth? The numbers for that don't add up.

red75

The Bruins nation has waited long enough!!!!!!!!

juniorfalcons19

The Bruins will play the underdog role just fine!

jpBsSoxFan

The B's gain a swagger and a confidence I've never seen with each passing game.

SoxFanInIL

The B's have been better this year than any opponent Van has faced so far and have the record to prove it.

jmwalters

The Canucks have seven guys who've played in the post-season this year and are pointless.

red75

The city that saw Normand Leveille's career end so tragically, will also witness the Bruins 1st Cup in 39 years...From the agony of defeat, to the thrill of victory - B's in 6!

hangnail

The Disney movie in the making. Tim Thomas just has that feel of destiny to him.

red75

The first time Seguin flies by them in a blur and goes backhand top shelf on Luongo for a goal in the blink of an eye, the Canucks will go holy smokes, that kid's on the 3rd line???

BigChara

The 'Nucks get very nervous when they get behind... they haven't had much experience in coming back.

SoxFanInIL

The Sedin sisters and Mr. All-ECHL Alex Burrows, have not faced Mr. Zdeno Chara yet. Or wait, I guess they did in the regular season...and they lost.

Fletcher1

The Sedins will see the best shut down center in the game (Bergeron) and the best shut down Defensmen in the game (Chara) Case Closed

samsonov

The things the B's have that VC doesn't are resiliency and heart...they are a very difficult team to keep down for very long and sooner or later they end up on top.

mattman1447

They got this far with an anemic power play, and that power play % can only get better.

asmaha

They have Luongo.

RichHillOntario

They start on the road.

RichHillOntario

Thomas Gradin finished his career in Boston, not Vancouver, gotta be some sort of curse type thing!!!

Nolakanookie

Thomas has 3 or 4 times in the playoffs played shutdown goaltending and it's been huge for the B's in two 7-game series. This is the B's year where the goalie is better than the counterpart.

dannycater

Tim Thomas has allowed a total of one goal in his three career games vs the cannots.

Orrthebest

Timmy Thomas has the ability to steal 1-2 games every series.

asmaha

Vancouver's gift n smoke shops, Nightlife and Brothels are more conducive to send the Bruins flying high (from the games they played) back to Boston!

SanDogBrewin

We don't need any power play goal production to win just look at the last 3 playoff series!

LUCICmilan17

We have more Canadians! Well, except Timmy, Sides, Z, Kaberle and Krecji. To phrase another way...we have more Canucks!

hendy77

We have seniority.

Nolakanookie

We have to win the first one to start our Dynasty.

perrysound

We need a new Banner for the new Rink.

perrysound

We've already dealt with Montreal!!

Nolakanookie

Yes, more Seguin. I think he'll have a lot more open ice given the Canuck's style of play than certainly he saw in the 1-3-1 scheme against Tampa. #19 will be a huge X-factor in favor of Boston.

TryToBearIt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

101. at some point, isn't it "your turn" to win?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

102 - Even Habs beat Canucks ths year

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

#103 - Paille and Bergeron are two of the best PKers in the league and the Bs can run out 3 strong PK units
    #104 - Smothering D gives the twins limited room in front of the net
    #105 - The 4th line can be a second 3rd line and spell Bergeron's unit without much of a drop off.
    #106 - Assistant coach in Mark Recchi
    #107 - Because it would be so sweet to see Felger, KDP, and all the other haters eat crow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

#108 Tim Thomas has something to prove.  Never count out the guy who has fought for respect his whole life and still hasn't had it granted to him.

Sections
Shortcuts