100 Reasons to Believe in the Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

100 Reasons to Believe in the Bruins

We're going to hear a lot of chatter from the experts over the next few days, the vast majority of which will conclude Vancouver is the overwhelming favorite.

Not so fast. With all due respect to an excellent Canucks team, there are many, many ways Boston can win this series. I want to hear the voices of Bruins fans on this between now and game time.

1. Timmy Thomas has the ability to steal 1-2 games every series.

2. Lucic will be highly motivated in front of his hometown fans.

3. Seidenberg is stepping up as a stellar shutdown player and can single-handedly take on Vancouver's best.

4. Bruins just gave themselves, in Game 7, the perfect blueprint for success.

5. Despite all of the talk about Vancouver's firepower, Boston is scoring 3.22 goals per game, versus Vancouver's 2.78.

6. Boston's faceoff % in the playoffs has been 53.1%, leading to much more puck possession. VAN's is only 50.04%

7. The Bruins handle adversity extremely well, as proven by their performance under the highest pressure. Vancouver still has the weight of an entire country and heritage on their shoulders.

8. Mark Recchi's finals experience will have a positive impact on focusing Marchand's game.

9. They got this far with an anemic power play, and that power play % can only get better.

10. Boston has better depth.

So keep it going....starting with #11 and let's hear your thoughts. Bring your "A" game....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: 100 Reasons to Believe in the Bruins

11. The Sedin sisters and Mr. All-ECHL Alex Burrows, have not faced Mr. Zdeno Chara yet.  Or wait, I guess they did in the regular season...and they lost.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

12. We've already dealt with Montreal!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

13. How about this one? And I know it's ironic, given how we all wanted him canned after the first two game sof this year's playoffs, but CJ is an excellent coach and his system works extremely well. SKROO U VANCOUVER!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

14. Seguin got more minutes than Recchi  Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

15. The Sedins will see the best shut down center in the game (Bergeron) and the best shut down Defensmen in the game (Chara)  Case Closed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

16. KHL

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: 100 Reasons to Believe in the Bruins:
    [QUOTE]17. Bruins rolling four lines, all capable of scoring huge goals!
    Posted by juniorfalcons19[/QUOTE]

still don't get why you copycatted a name

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

18. Fan support. There will be tonnes of black and gold in the stands in Vancouver. Don't expect to see much green and blue in Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

19. The Disney movie in the making. Tim Thomas just has that feel of destiny to him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

#20). The "irony" factor, Part 1:
     The Bruins' current President, and one of the greatest Bruins ever to lace 'em up, started his career in Vancouver before coming to Boston (Kudos to Harry, one of the rare times you'll hear me say that), yet never won a Cup. Now he has a chance to do that as a front office guy, and it seems fitting he'll get the better of Vancouver once again.
    Part 2: Milan Lucic is a Vancouver native. Seems also fitting that he'll score the Cup-clinching goal against the team representing his "home town."

#21) (Sorry for taking 2 slots but there are still plenty left):
    Yes, more Seguin. I think he'll have a lot more open ice given the Canuck's style of play than certainly he saw in the 1-3-1 scheme against Tampa. #19 will be a huge X-factor in favor of Boston.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i have nothing to do with pbergeron....check the dates, i was here well before his disappearance. you did copy someones name though. do i really have to go dig in the archives to find this?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

22:  Raffi Torres stinks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: 100 Reasons to Believe in the Bruins:
    [QUOTE]22:  Raffi Torres stinks.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

simple, but well put

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

23.  B'S have better looking jerseys than Canucks....  no need to write Boston on the front, every hockey fan knows where the "Spoked B" plays their home games....

24.  Bruins are a better nickname....  sounds more intimidating than Canucks....

25.  Real men wear black not blue....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

26. They start on the road. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Heck, everyone can write 100 each if you want to. The more, the merrier. I took 10 slots and will have plenty more after folks have had their voices heard. Bring it on....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

27. Sedins, meet Mr. Chara and Mr. Seidenberg.

Kessler, meet Mr. Bergeron, Mr. Recchi and Mr. Marchand

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canucks-Fan. Show Canucks-Fan's posts

Can I Play?

28.   Matt Damon is better looking than William Shatner.

Oh..  By the way.  Number 28 is the only reason Boston will bring the LORD back to Boston this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Bruins can win 1-0 or 6-5 game, we are built to handle any type of game.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

29. Bruins can win 1-0 or 6-5 game, we are built to handle any type of game.....

30. Boston is the city of Champions..... best sports city in the past decade...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

31. Boston has  Nathann Horton, Mr. Clutch

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts