108.8 mph!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

108.8 mph!!!

Wow, the cannon has just gotten even more cannonier! Congrats Z, hellova shot!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: 108.8 mph!!!

Funny spot for Weber to be in.  Hit it hard enough to break the old record... but fall almost 3 mph short of the new record.

I'm already looking forward to next year.  Think Chara can continue his streak of breaking his own record?  That's a tall order.  Pun intended.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's probably daunting enough to be in goal with all their equipment and his bomb screaming at them but I can't imagine what it must be like to be a defenseman blocking that shot or one of the Bruins standing in front of the opposition net, trying to cause a screen with that telephone poll of his poised in the air, locked for a shot.  Must be scary as Hell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So that's 159.6 feet a second... from 30 feet out... Who the hell stops that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: 108.8 mph!!!:
    So that's 159.6 feet a second... from 30 feet out... Who the hell stops that?
    Posted by red75

...or wants to step in front of it.  It's "Flamingo" time!  Remember when he blasted a shot past Nabakov during an SO win in San Jose a couple of seasons ago?  I don't think Nabakov moved before it was by him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Too bad that guy in Russia holds the record with a 204,028 MPH shot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Seems to me he's shooting less from the point nowadays, and somehow more effective.

When he cranks that shot off the rebound is like giving the other guys a free icing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Funny thing is when the sens players shot and got in the 100's i was thinking to my self they must be "juicing the gun" to make the home players look good in front of their fans. Then Webber and Z went and it washed that thought of my head pretty quick lol. Wouldn't it be such a shame if Chara missed the net badly sometime and caught pk suban right in the noggin with one of those 108 mph shots :)

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Funny thing is when the sens players shot and got in the 100's i was thinking to my self they must be "juicing the gun" to make the home players look good in front of their fans. Then Webber and Z went and it washed that thought of my head pretty quick lol. Wouldn't it be such a shame if Chara missed the net badly sometime and caught pk suban right in the noggin with one of those 108 mph shots :)
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Yes, it would be.  He would be dead.  I don't wish death upon the player.  In fact, I don't even wish career ending injury upon him (unlike Cooke, whom I wish to see in a wheelchair).  Maybe a couple of deflections and a grazing of the face could jar some class, however.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Big Z does it again ! !   WOW !   I hope this will translate into more goals scrored from the point on the PP ....! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Too bad that guy in Russia holds the record with a 204,028 MPH shot.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/khl-alexander-ryazantsev-sets-world-record-hardest-shot-174131642.html
    This is the player.  Makes me wonder what Chara and Weber's numbers would be if they were to shoot from the same distance as Ryanzantsev. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Wow, I sure hope Big Z never hits a Bruin standing in front of the net with that shot. He could really hurt someone. Glad I'm not a goalie playing the Bruins. These guys must just sh.it their pants when the Bruins go on a PP.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i bet the Russian had a corked stick and is on steroids....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

According to "The Physics of Hockey" a puck would slow down about 0.2 mph for every foot it travels.  Assuming the KHL has it about 7 ft closer to the net (Puck Daddy article makes it seem that is the closest it may be) that's 1.4 mph faster simply from drag.  So his adjusted number should be 112.7 mph.

Something seems off with Ryazantsev's number.  He's only 6 ft tall.  That should be a pretty big difference in leverage.  Maybe they suck some of the air out of the arena.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

According to "The Physics of Hockey" a puck would slow down about 0.2 mph for every foot it travels.  Assuming the KHL has it about 7 ft closer to the net (Puck Daddy article makes it seem that is the closest it may be) that's 1.4 mph faster simply from drag.  So his adjusted number should be 112.7 mph. Something seems off with Ryazantsev's number.  He's only 6 ft tall.  That should be a pretty big difference in leverage.  Maybe they suck some of the air out of the arena.
    Posted by DrCC

DrCC - Guess that league has to draw attention to themselves somehow. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

According to "The Physics of Hockey" a puck would slow down about 0.2 mph for every foot it travels.  Assuming the KHL has it about 7 ft closer to the net (Puck Daddy article makes it seem that is the closest it may be) that's 1.4 mph faster simply from drag.  So his adjusted number should be 112.7 mph. Something seems off with Ryazantsev's number.  He's only 6 ft tall.  That should be a pretty big difference in leverage.  Maybe they suck some of the air out of the arena.
    Posted by DrCC

They skate to China and back before they actually shoot the puck. I bet I could shoot the puck pretty fast with that big of a head start as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

"So it's pretty clear what needs to happen here: The NHL has to not allow the KHL to get away with this geographic malarkey, and let Zdeno Chara (and maybe Shea Weber too) fire three pucks at the goal from KHL distance as a special All-Star Game exhibition. Then we'll see whose kung-fu is stronger ..."

LOL

Sections
Shortcuts