11/19 Bruins @ Islanders game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

11/19 Bruins @ Islanders game thread

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2011020279&navid=DL|BOS|home

"With Nabokov out indefinitely, New York will lean on DiPietro and Al Montoya. The oft-injured DiPietro is 2-1-2 with a 2.85 goals-against average in five games - three starts - this season."

Montoya played well against the Bruins in their last tilt but has a groin pull so I see "boxing champ" Ricky D getting the start he did stop 24 against the Shabs. There's talk 6'6" Sewdish G Nilsson gets the start after being called up from Bridgeport.

Bruins PK has dropped all the way down to 85% but I see that changing now that Paille is back. The Islanders are at 80% PK so I'd like to see de Bruins capitalize tonight. Okposo disappointing 14 games 3 points -7 not what I expected.

Thomas or Rask tonight ? Be the coach...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: 11/19 Bruins @ Islanders game thread

Play a hunch and go with Tuukka. He played well against the Jackets and TT can be extra ready for the Habs on monday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Paille looked good in his first game back. A little rusty but man is he a good skater. As for the goalies, I'd suggest alternating 2 games to 1 (at most) as long as possible. Rask deserves to play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Rask deserves to play...but I'd still ue Tim on Monday.

We win this one and the Caps beat Toronto, we'll move ahead of them.

B's 4   Isles 2

Looks like Boychuk is a game time decision.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Its looking like TT tonight, as per Fluto.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Play Thomas tonight and Monday, give Rask the Sabres (sorry Tuukka...), come back with Thomas vs. Detroit.

5-1 Bruins.  Two PPG (Seguin, Horton).  They  expose the Islander D all night.

or

Isles 3-1.  DiPietro plays well, but the Bruins don't work for quality second chances.  Grabner and Tavares, Nielsen with the empty netter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bruins 5-2. Thomas starts.

Chara PP goal, Campbell, Horton, Peverley and Bergeron EN.

Thornton/Martin fight.

"Boxing champ" LOL. at least for a while he wasn't known for the injured guy with that contract. Not sure thats a good thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Clubs elevate their game when facing the champs.  I expect the Isles to be no different especially at home where they're 5-4-1.  They'll hang tough but in the end 4-2 for the visitors. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Bruins seem to play down to their opponent all too often. Production has declined the last 2 games. This is not a good combo.

But, provided they are not already looking ahead to the Habs and Sabres, I'd say they win this one pretty easily.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You know Tyler Seguin should really work on his skating skills...