18 AND 19 - Now would be a good time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

18 AND 19 - Now would be a good time

Nathan and Tyler, we're headed towards January, Lucic is out, a couple of your team mates aren't 100% tonight, the hated Habs are in town with a new coach.

Now would be a good time to crank up the compete level and show some leadership and passion. Everybody else is invested, join them.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: 18 AND 19 - Now would be a good time

How about 18-19-20? Not bad!

The Bruins could pick lines out of a hat, and still put on a good show and win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

What do you think is behind their lack-of-emotional-play???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

HuH ? The Bruins thwarted the Flyers 6 ZIP, Lucic hammered Rinaldo, Horton got into a fight, Boychuk fought Barbara Striesand, Peverley scrapped with Voracek protecting Thomas and Marchand got the gate all in the last game they played.

Where were you seeing no emotion during warmups tonight ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

My interpretation of Wensink's comment was that Horton and Seguin were playing without emotion so I asked why he thought so? I didn't say I agreed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: 18 AND 19 - Now would be a good time:
    HuH ? The Bruins thwarted the Flyers 6 ZIP, Lucic hammered Rinaldo, Horton got into a fight, Boychuk fought Barbara Striesand, Peverley scrapped with Voracek protecting Thomas and Marchand got the gate all in the last game they played. Where were you seeing no emotion during warmups tonight ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I agree. WOW!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

the whole team is lacking emotion in this game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

...except for Peverley......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

And Pouliet! This guy is starting to GET IT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

And Pouliet! This guy is starting to GET IT!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Being part of a winning program is contagious. You don't want to be the one to let the team down. Pouliot has been much better lately.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

But seriously, I was watching Horton and clearly, this guy doesn't want to play...Krejci and Horton are not delivering. It's a chance that the Bruins have depth, but imagine how good we would be with a first line producing as expected !! Are the money players waiting for post Holidays break to begin to play ??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

But seriously, I was watching Horton and clearly, this guy doesn't want to play...Krejci and Horton are not delivering. It's a chance that the Bruins have depth, but imagine how good we would be with a first line producing as expected !! Are the money players waiting for post Holidays break to begin to play ??
    Posted by Remi72

I honestly don't see what the nick picking is about! What this team lacks in a particular bonafide !st line? They make up for it in spades in depth! No team in the NHL has a top to bottom team like the Bruins right now! NO TEAM! Enjoy it & stop being a no pleaser!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Some people think that if your not up the top of the nhl scoring  how can you have a good team. This team leads the nhl in goal differential by a wide margin which where it really counts that and winning of course.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

At times it appears that Horton is floating, and then he awakens to make a good defensive play, and initiates an offensive breakout. Any criticism of Seguin forgets that at 19 he is still learning, and focusing on defense , more than offense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

The first line will heat up.....Let us all relax. They haven't even hit a hot streak like they did many times last season. Once they hit a hot streak, their numbers will hush everyone.

Not everyone can be making hits, scoring goals, and forcing turnovers at all times....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

I thought Seguin played one of his best games in a while last night.  He looked like he was physically involved in the play.  He was skating hard on the backcheck and I saw him finish a couple of good checks on the forecheck.  I also think Horton played a pretty good game, though the only real memorable moment was that great rush along the right side wing through a couple of defenders where he hit Hamill along the left side face off dot for a one timer that Price robbed him on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

As far as 18 is concerned, he is going to receive a ton of leeway from these eyes.  I remember a couple of years ago I started to admit that my favorite Bruin was not quite as good as I once thought he was.  Not too long after that, the cobwebes cleared and 37 proved he was better then I ever thought he was.  18 had a major brain injury last season that some might remember.  I hope he'll be fine, but  I won't blame the results on, effort or on a lack of emotion, because I can't know how much affect the Brain injury continues to have.

If you wanted two players to question, I may have gone with 19 and 46, but even that is probably nitpicking.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxFanPeds. Show BoSoxFanPeds's posts

This game of bounces will ketch up with everyone's ability soon...Claude knows who needs to pick their games up and their minutes will tell you...#37 is the silent leader out on the ice and he'll bump those that need it too....God Bless The Boston Bruins Stanley Cup Champions....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I feel like people have this vision of Horton in their head that was never really there.  Yes he was a playoff hero and scored a few HUGE goals for us, but besides the first 10 games of last year I've never seen him as a dominant player.  He's the guy who has all the tools to be great, but doesn't really put it together (not to say he is not still a top 6 winger).  Sometimes he may look like he's drifting, but I think that's more due to his long powerful strides than anything else.  I think any of us that have played enough sports realize that this happens.  There is always the gazelle-like player who looks like he's slacking whenever he isn't easily blowing by somebody.  Out of our top 4 wingers, I'd say Horton is the worst, but still very good.  He has a really good shot that takes a year to get off, can protect the puck well in the corners, and is a pretty good passer but not great.  He doesn't take defenseman to the net very often or net many Seguin-like shots that make the goalie look like he's in slow motion.

But......who cares?  That's what makes the Bruins great right now.  Instead of paying one or two forwards $6-8M we have a handful of $3-5M 3-zone character guys who stick to the system and play as a team.  Perfect if you ask me....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I feel like people have this vision of Horton in their head that was never really there.  Yes he was a playoff hero and scored a few HUGE goals for us, but besides the first 10 games of last year I've never seen him as a dominant player.  He's the guy who has all the tools to be great, but doesn't really put it together (not to say he is not still a top 6 winger).  Sometimes he may look like he's drifting, but I think that's more due to his long powerful strides than anything else.  I think any of us that have played enough sports realize that this happens.  There is always the gazelle-like player who looks like he's slacking whenever he isn't easily blowing by somebody.  Out of our top 4 wingers, I'd say Horton is the worst, but still very good.  He has a really good shot that takes a year to get off, can protect the puck well in the corners, and is a pretty good passer but not great.  He doesn't take defenseman to the net very often or net many Seguin-like shots that make the goalie look like he's in slow motion. But......who cares?  That's what makes the Bruins great right now.  Instead of paying one or two forwards $6-8M we have a handful of $3-5M 3-zone character guys who stick to the system and play as a team.  Perfect if you ask me....
    Posted by Chappy28

This is all I would take issue with in your post. Horton often drives the net taking the D with him and he has a rocket shot (although it takes awhile to release it). You're correct though in that some folks are expecting dominance from a guy that's never really dominated. I like what he brings to the table with all things considered (age/salary/ big-time goals, etc.).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 18 AND 19 - Now would be a good time : This is all I would take issue with in your post. Horton often drives the net taking the D with him and he has a rocket shot (although it takes awhile to release it). You're correct though in that some folks are expecting dominance from a guy that's never really dominated. I like what he brings to the table with all things considered (age/salary/ big-time goals, etc.).
    Posted by dezaruchi

.......grit , good size, tough enough to not shy away from sticking up for himself and the fact that he's a local boy for me along with Dan Paille.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Posted by Remi72

maybe your expectations of horton are too high.  he had 26 goals last year and is on pace for 23 this year.  that's not a big drop in production.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

what makes the bruins so good is they dont need to lean on one or two guys to do all the scoring, they have 3 lines that are able to put the puck in the net, Horton will take time and he's streaky anyway, Seguin is very young and needs to play more physical at times, he tends to skate by the play but he's still getting better and LMAO @ the barbara streisand comment

Sections
Shortcuts