1977-78 bruins still holds record!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: 1977-78 bruins still holds record!

In Response to 1977-78 bruins still holds record!:
    [QUOTE]I still think this record will never be broken or come close in today's NHL. 11 players on the roster with 20 or more goals in one season not including play-offs. orielly, ratelle, mcnab, park, cashman,middleton(silk), sheppard ,schmautz,marcotte, jonathan(tough bast...), bob miller and Wensink came close with 16 goals. Now this was a real  Bruins " team " who played every game. Maybe during the break today's bruins should went home with video tapes too watch. I am not mocking today's bruins but i still think if this bruins team can play with the same toughness and passion will be very serious cup contenders.
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]
    Still didn't win it all though , sad to say , but there is proof right there , that great regular season stats don't mean squat , come playoff time, but I do not think this years edition of the Bruins are tough enough to hang with say.... the Flyers....I hope I'm wrong....time will tell.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Great Team, I became a Bruins fan in 1970
    We will probably never see that many 20 goal scorers on one team again
    They were unlucky to run up against a Habs dynasty
    Bruins actually ran up against three powerhouses Habs, Islanders and Oilers
    Bruins had the second best team in several years!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

That team was fun to watch, bringing back some memories of some good times.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i know it had to be cj's fault they didn't win the cup that year. i just don't see the connection. can someone please explain to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

Loved those years and teams. But knew they'd get owned by a stacked Canadiens team. Every line on their teams could score. Niffty and Jean Rattele(sp?) were our only real playoff threats.
    Remeber always wanting a bruin to take Mario Tremblays head off!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Oh yes I recall and was certain the Bruins would  beat the Habs.
    Well that season was the first time I lost my collection of O-Pee-Chee hockey cards. 
    Then 78-79 don't I do it again !!!! The next day I had no school (Thank God) I think  (in Canada) it was the Queens B-Day but they didn't forget and tuanted me the next school day and yes I had to give them that years collection of hokcey trading cards.  Hence my hate for the Habs !  Tainted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

good news bears i am just saying our Bruins as of late just don't have toughness,passioin and consistent scoring. We are not the Big Bad Bruins today but more passive and I will put the blame towards the new instigator penalty. Don Cherry did come close one year winning the cup but too many men on the ice. I do like the team we have this year if they can only toughen up(if we want to see the bruins be cup contenders).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: 1977-78 bruins still holds record!:
    [QUOTE]good news bears i am just saying our Bruins as of late just don't have toughness,passioin and consistent scoring. We are not the Big Bad Bruins today but more passive and I will put the blame towards the new instigator penalty. Don Cherry did come close one year winning the cup but too many men on the ice. I do like the team we have this year if they can only toughen up(if we want to see the bruins be cup contenders).
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

With the new rules and the one you mentioned above there will never be those teams from the 70s. No way in a league motivated by special teams can a team be in the box just for trying to start a fight or go after someone survive and win. 
    Even Philly didn't do this against the Sens about a week ago and won the game.  
    Crosby (Savvy) is out now because of players taking liberties at other players.  Maybe it's time for players to police themselves again and let the refs call it on the ice .  There are penalties for fighting you know ,  no need for that dumb instigator penalty.
    I hope the GMs talk this over and come up with something .  Maybe it'll cut down on all the cheapshots and stick work.  Calling them and creating rules hasn't worked.
    I don't want the NHL to look like the WWF either but isn't that what they created with all the staged fights ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yes, let's celebrate a record that didn't lead to a Cup.

Meaningless unless they win it all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Gotta respect Don Cherry's lunch pail gang from 1975-1979!