19th or 20th

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: 19th or 20th

I believe this is now settled.  The Bruins get pick #24.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 19th or 20th:
    In Response to Re: 19th or 20th : I look at the team as well, as Kabanov led his team in points. Looks to me like the Sea Dogs are a significantly better team. The guy isn't dead yet.  There's at least a couple of guys drafted before him that I think he has better potential than.   For reference guys like Angelo Esposito and Hamill I consider to be 3/4 dead.
    Posted by BadHabitude

There were 64 players drafted before him. He has better potential then only a couple of them ?

Wow, your stats-only-method is amazing to be bold enough to come up with that conclusion.

I can't wait for your draft list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: 19th or 20th : There were 64 players drafted before him. He has better potential then only a couple of them ?   Wow, your stats-only-method is amazing to be bold enough to come up with that conclusion. I can't wait for your draft list.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I was being conservative, else I'd have to preface it with "I could be wrong, but..." and who would want to do that?

My draft list?  Central scouting covers that pretty well, very few original thoughts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 19th or 20th : I was being conservative, else I'd have to preface it with "I could be wrong, but..." and who would want to do that? My draft list?  Central scouting covers that pretty well, very few original thoughts.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Fair enough . I could be wrong but..........word has it that it would be bs anyways.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Drafting goalies high is a really bad idea usually, and they can take forever to develop. Sure, 8 of the league's 30 starters this season were drafted in the first round. But 12 went after pick 100. Rinne was drafted 258th overall in 2004. Tim Thomas, Lundqvist, Halak, Vokoun, and Nabokov were all drafted in the 200's. Backstrom, Hiller and Niemi were never drafted. Smith went in the 6th, Miller went in the fifth, Kiprusoff went in the fourth, Howard, Quick and Anderson all went in the third. Doesn't make sense to me to use a first rounder on something as hit or miss as a goalie unless there's one out there that is surefire bet, and even then the scouts can get it wrong - a lousy track record around the league of evaluating goalies. Lehtonen has been solid but never a star, and he went 2nd overall, meanwhile Conn Smythe winner Cam Ward went 23 spots later. In fact the only guy with a Vezina currently in the league who was drafted in the first round is Martin Brodeur (20th overall), and that won't change this year with a nomination list that includes Quick, Lundqvist and Rinne. THN has a good article on this in their Draft preview.
    Posted by red75

Morreale sees little Subban going in the first round, and the Bruins picking him to boot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: 19th or 20th : Morreale sees little Subban going in the first round, and the Bruins picking him to boot http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=77527  
    Posted by BadHabitude

Anyone who makes a draft list of who's going where is a joke.  There is as much of a possibility of predicting 30 rolls of the dice.  It's all stupid guesswork.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 19th or 20th : Anyone who makes a draft list of who's going where is a joke.  There is as much of a possibility of predicting 30 rolls of the dice.  It's all stupid guesswork.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

But sometimes it's fun to ....kick a few tires..... on others draft lists to see where they have players going.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I'm a big believer in taking the best player available, also. What will be interesting is if someone like Andrei Vasilevski is still available when we pick, considering Thomas is in the last year of his deal and might retire after the '12-'13 season. I know the Bruins brass had stated multiple times that they expect Tuukka to be a legit #1 goaltender someday, but in the case that he's not, it wouldn't hurt to have a guy like Vasilevski on the roster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm against drafting goalies in the 1st round and I actually prefer forwards to defensemen that high in the draft (but supported taking Hamilton last year when the opportunity presented itself).  That's a totally subjective personal preference, but as such, I enjoy looking at forwards that should be hanging around the Bruins draft spot for my own entertainment.  Draft lists are way too difficult to waste time on, but looking at 5 or 6 realistic choices around pick #24 is fun for me, given the lack of other hockey entertainment.  Just wish our Junior hockey sages would help me with personal observations of the subjects...

Sections
Shortcuts