1st Place

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

1st Place

We awake this morning with the Bruins in 1st place in the Eastern Conference with 7 ROWs as the 1st tie breaker. To me this team looks as good or better than we've seen over the last number of years.  Krejci and Lucic seem to be entering their prime, Iginla is better than Horton,  Krug is providing blueline skill that we've never had, Rask is near-flawless, Hamilton is much improved and Smith is showing true top-6 skill.  Soderberg, Caron and Bartowski give the Bruins depth that they usually only have after some trading deadline pick-ups.  Looking good Boston, keep it up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: 1st Place

Couldn't agree more. I really like what Iginla is bringing and I think that line is just scratching the surface of what it can be at season's end. 3rd line is vastly improved. 4th line still doing what they do best. Chara & Seidenberg back to their old standards and the new guys looking good. The only question mark is the 2nd line, and there isn't a Bruins fan alive that isn't confident that the likes of Bergeron, Eriksson and Marchand will end up figuring it out....and if not Soderberg and Smith are there to step in.

Oh, and Rask has been a beast so far.

Good stuff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How about Fat Lucic at the Point Per Game level!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

This team looks so good from back to front. What a complete team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Blow it up.  Sweet Hands is wasting away in RI.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The recipe is to stay healthy and keep improving from top to bottom.  April is a long way off, a lot can happen between now and then, and it probably will.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Last night was a real strong challenge, and they all adjusted well after the first period where Tuuka kept them in the game. NBC coverage is really weak as there was no way the Sharks had 37-38 shots "on goal". Their recorders obviously counted every blocked shot as a shot on goal. granted the sharks forced the play by swarming into the bruins end, and sending multiple players after the puck. It took a while for the Bruins to adjust, but they did. Marchand filled in well with Bergeron and Smith, and Caron fell in step with Kelly. The west coast speedsters create a stronger need for the quick puck movement by Krug, Bartkowski and Hamilton; and point out the slow decisions by Boychuck, and at times Chara, will create problems unless corrected.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. I really like what Iginla is bringing and I think that line is just scratching the surface of what it can be at season's end. 3rd line is vastly improved. 4th line still doing what they do best. Chara & Seidenberg back to their old standards and the new guys looking good. The only question mark is the 2nd line, and there isn't a Bruins fan alive that isn't confident that the likes of Bergeron, Eriksson and Marchand will end up figuring it out....and if not Soderberg and Smith are there to step in.

Oh, and Rask has been a beast so far.

Good stuff.

[/QUOTE]

I think Smith has looked like the best 2nd line forward so far.  Well, not the best - that's clearly Bergeron - but the most fun.  Really nice speed and creativity.  I like him with Bergeron since Bergeron is such a safe player.  It gives Smith the chance to take a risk or two, though he is not an overly risky player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about Fat Lucic at the Point Per Game level!

[/QUOTE]

Skinny Lucic is looking like a true All-star.  He's in the middle of everything, often times the most impactful player on the ice.  He's really building on the very strong playoff last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Lucic is making a strong push for the Canadian Olympic Team. Ed Olcyzk (Polish for 'grain-of-salt) said as much Wednesday night said he has him (and Bergeron) on 'his Cdn Olympic Team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, more and more, I think the legacy of that 3rd period v. Toronto is that Fat realized what he is - a player who dominates a game.  He's done it before, but honestly, it looks to me, to steal a line from Manhunter, like he got a genuine taste for it from that game.  You can imagine what that must feel like - you're 25, your adrenaline is pumping, everything you try to do is working, you're physically dominating everyone on the ice against you, and you're creating plays that lead to goals in a hugely emotional, historic comeback.

Wouldn't you chase that dragon?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Lucic had the puck along the boards at the end there, and seemed intent on skating back-and-forth with it with fourth seconds left.  I remember thinking, "there's not enough time just shoot it already!"

I think I'll leave his job up to him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Blow it up.  Sweet Hands is wasting away in RI.  

LoL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The recipe is to stay healthy and keep improving from top to bottom.  April is a long way off, a lot can happen between now and then, and it probably will.

[/QUOTE]

So is June ;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Slogging along at a 12.9% pace, the powerplay is clearly a major problem for this team and must be fixed immediately.

I wish they were as good as the Islanders and their 28.1%.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Slogging along at a 12.9% pace, the powerplay is clearly a major problem for this team and must be fixed immediately.

I wish they were as good as the Islanders and their 28.1%.

[/QUOTE]

But...but...they just cant win with a bad powerplay I thought?!?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Iggy's on pace for a 9 goal season too

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

If he gets a hat-trick next game does that mean he's on pace for a 40 goal season?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

...a 32 goal season?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[/QUOTE]

I think Smith has looked like the best 2nd line forward so far.  Well, not the best - that's clearly Bergeron - but the most fun.  Really nice speed and creativity.  I like him with Bergeron since Bergeron is such a safe player.  It gives Smith the chance to take a risk or two, though he is not an overly risky player.

[/QUOTE]

Smith = what Marchand used to be on that line. Now let's hope both get going at the same time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Smith = what Marchand used to be on that line. Now let's hope both get going at the same time.

[/QUOTE]

Smith has certainly exceeded expectations. Kids been dynamite so far. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

We started on fire last year as well.  Long season full of ups and downs.  Things have been clicking from goalie, to dmen to fwds.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I feel like an idiot for being one of those trade Krejci for Ryan bums. I agree this team is improved. Reilly Smith has been a nice surprise. I'd say the best so far out of the new acquisitions.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We started on fire last year as well.  Long season full of ups and downs.  Things have been clicking from goalie, to dmen to fwds.  

[/QUOTE]

And they will hit those bumps.

Sections
Shortcuts