1st round opponent you want to avoid.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Re: 1st round opponent you want to avoid.

Pittsburgh and Philly. Bring on everyone else.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Habs.  Seems like the refs in those games only see it one way.  Bruins try to play a physical game and the diving starts and the B's are bent over and taking it from behind.  They play well against tougher teams, and seem to have an edge vs. the Caps, so Id say I hope they play the Caps or Lightning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Check the Bruins record against those two, I'd not hate seeing them and beating them puts all the other teams on their heels. I'd have to go with Tampa for their goal scoring ability or Atlanta for their ability to irritate the hell out of the Bruins and get them off their game.

In Response to Re: 1st round opponent you want to avoid.:
    [QUOTE]Pittsburgh and Philly. Bring on everyone else.
    Posted by mattymcgee55[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to 1st round opponent you want to avoid.:
    [QUOTE]With 32 games to go & the playoffs almost a certainty, I just wanted to get a feel of what people are thinking. Is there a certain team that you don't want the Bruins to face or don't think they match up well with in the 1st round. For me it's the hated Habs. Since the 4 game sweep of the Habs 2 years ago, they have lost 7 of  9 to them. With all the history & stuff ( which is almost all bad ) I think it must get in their heads or something. I don't think I can go through yet another Bruins- Habs playoff match up. Bad things always seem to happen to the Bruins against Habs, especially in Montreal!! Any thoughts.....
    Posted by jpsoxfan[/QUOTE]

I think the exact same thing as you.... I just can't bring myself to say it out loud.  I hate the fact that I don't want to see the match up for fear of loosing, again.  I hate them soooo much.  I guess another reason is I have too many friends that are Hab fans and gloat and I don't think I can take that.  Also, even if the B's win, I know there are so many other times they have been burned I can't send it back in their face.  Man, I need some serious therapy to get over this Habs thing!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Philly, Tampa or Pitt...the rest are fine with me

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 1st round opponent you want to avoid. : I think the exact same thing as you.... I just can't bring myself to say it out loud.  I hate the fact that I don't want to see the match up for fear of loosing, again.  I hate them soooo much.  I guess another reason is I have too many friends that are Hab fans and gloat and I don't think I can take that.  Also, even if the B's win, I know there are so many other times they have been burned I can't send it back in their face.  Man, I need some serious therapy to get over this Habs thing!!!
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    It's true that you and others might need some therapy to remind you that Boston SWEPT Montreal the last time they met in the post-season.Forget the past.It won't matter especially since there's no guarantee Montreal makes the play-offs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

The standings right now are:

1. Philly
    2. Tampa
    3. Boston
    4. Pitt
    5. Washinton
    6. NYR
    7. Habs
    8. Atlanta

Out of the 5-8 teams, the one I would not want to face is the current matchup, the Rangers. We always seem to have trouble with them. My preffered matchup would be washington

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The standings right now are: 1. Philly 2. Tampa 3. Boston 4. Pitt 5. Washinton 6. NYR 7. Habs 8. Atlanta Out of the 5-8 teams, the one I would not want to face is the current matchup, the Rangers. We always seem to have trouble with them. My preffered matchup would be washington
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]
    Lundquvist is certainly good enough to win a series on his own.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1st round opponent you want to avoid. : Lundquvist is certainly good enough to win a series on his own.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Thats why I dont want to face him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bring on montreal- how can anyone not want this-start evening the numbers out in boston's favor- that being said...there really is no preferred match-up. any team that makes the playoffs can beat any other team in a 7 game series. but deep inside i hope to play the habs- and sweep

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Dez, I think the Bs have a pretty good goalie too. But I agree, Lundqvist is not the guy I'd want to see 1st round nor that dreadful ice down at MSG. Other than him though, they are beatable.

My prediction (channeling Stanley) is that it will be the Rangers in the 1st round, Avery will get suspended or should for something he does in the series, the Bs win that series in 6 or 7. Tampa beats the Habs, we play Tampa in rd 2 while Pitt, Philly and Washington battle it out for the other spot. I like the chances of getting to the conference finals and rolling the dice from there on out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Anyone but the Habs in round 1.

Round 2 is another story we would take them in 5.

Go B's

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

did anyone notice that what's his name on the versus channel picked the b's over the wings to win the cup? a little respect shown to the b's is nice(but means nothing) hey the other guys didn't laugh him off the set!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

I just want them to avoid the Habs.  Losing to the Habs hurts a whole lot more than losing to other teams.  However, beating the Habs is also that much more rewarding.  Based on their record this year, though, the Habs seem to have the Bruins number.

Other than that, I might want the Bruins to avoid Philly.  They are a mean looking team.  I think the Bruins match up well against most other teams though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I can honestly state that I don't care, they are going to have to get by any number of good teams to get to the finals. They can beat any team, and any team can beat them. The age of parity is in full flex. Doesn't look like they'll face Philly or TB in rd1 though.

Let's face it, anything less than the conference finals and the haters will be abundant.

The order they need to beat them in is irrelevant. Habs, Rangers, Philly, Wash, TB, Pitt, Canes, Atl...bring em all on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Bruins should want to avoid any team that can keep pace in goal with them. If Thomas can keep his regular season form going in the playoffs, the B's should have an advantage over a lot of teams.

Worst matchup could be the Pens, as Fleury can be lights out and the Pittsburgh offense is better than Boston's. However, Fleury can also be really inconsistent (like in the Habs series last year) and if that's the case, Thomas could be a big part in the Bruins winning that series.

Realistically, though, the only teams that Boston will probably play in Round 1 are MTL, NYR, ATL, Carolina. Especially with the Habs injuries, I doubt the Bruins relinquish their hold on the 1st in the NE.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 1st round opponent you want to avoid. : I think the exact same thing as you.... I just can't bring myself to say it out loud.  I hate the fact that I don't want to see the match up for fear of loosing, again.  I hate them soooo much.  I guess another reason is I have too many friends that are Hab fans and gloat and I don't think I can take that.  Also, even if the B's win, I know there are so many other times they have been burned I can't send it back in their face.  Man, I need some serious therapy to get over this Habs thing!!!
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

I hear you on that one Scoot. I live in St.Catharines Ontario & have to answer to tons of Habs fans. I love beating them but also fear losing to them. Hab fans are brutal, especially with their stupid Ole Ole song.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the b's need to face the hab's in order to exercise those demons,just ask the redsox how things have changed between them and the yanks.you can't be scared and keep hiding-bring them on. they are the one team you should want to play if your a bruin. but that being said, habs or not, a cup will erase a lot of bad memories- 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

The one thing I don't want for them to have to do is to somehow end up facing some combination of Montreal & Philly back to back. Even if they win both series, I think the emotional let down, even when getting to the ECF would be huge. And unless Carolina is the third team I'm not all that positive they'd pull off win #12 to advance.OTOH, making it past the second round wouldn't make me cry.

In Response to 1st round opponent you want to avoid.:
    [QUOTE]With 32 games to go & the playoffs almost a certainty, I just wanted to get a feel of what people are thinking. Is there a certain team that you don't want the Bruins to face or don't think they match up well with in the 1st round. For me it's the hated Habs. Since the 4 game sweep of the Habs 2 years ago, they have lost 7 of  9 to them. With all the history & stuff ( which is almost all bad ) I think it must get in their heads or something. I don't think I can go through yet another Bruins- Habs playoff match up. Bad things always seem to happen to the Bruins against Habs, especially in Montreal!! Any thoughts.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Habs.  Seems like the refs in those games only see it one way.  Bruins try to play a physical game and the diving starts and the B's are bent over and taking it from behind.  They play well against tougher teams, and seem to have an edge vs. the Caps, so Id say I hope they play the Caps or Lightning.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Definitely Montreal.  Refs will have a lot to say in any round Boston would play them, but Round 1 is always a disaster for Boston courtesy of the zebras and Montreal's payoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1st round opponent you want to avoid. : I hear you on that one Scoot. I live in St.Catharines Ontario & have to answer to tons of Habs fans. I love beating them but also fear losing to them. Hab fans are brutal, especially with their stupid Ole Ole song.

Maybe we can set up some sort of support group for emotionally abused Bruins fans. You kow, get together, ritually burn Hab paraphernalia, that sort of fun stuff.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]the b's need to face the hab's in order to exercise those demons,just ask the redsox how things have changed between them and the yanks.you can't be scared and keep hiding-bring them on. they are the one team you should want to play if your a bruin. but that being said, habs or not, a cup will erase a lot of bad memories- 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I think we found the keynote speaker for our first meeting.  Well said. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I have 2 answers.
    a) Nobody
    b) Everybody.

No one has owned the Bruins this year.
    Bruins have beaten the top competition.
    But the playoffs are a different season altogether.
    Bruins have had trouble with teams that should be clobbering.
    But the playoffs are a different season altogether.

I'm not scared of any team in particular.  Anyone who reasonably stands a chance of making the playoffs right now could pull off an upset.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Bring em all on, a 4-0 sweep, Buf is the one that is out for revenge though and they are moving up.

NYR, Atl and Mon - Only 1 makes it, Car and Buf are on the move.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm not scared of anyone, but I do think hat either the Rangers or Sabres could give us the most fits, simply because of goatending. When Henrik and Miller are on their games they can be evey bit as fit-inducing as TT is. That said, I don't think there's any of the possible 9 teams to play that Boston could not have a  reasonable or better shot of beating.

Sections
Shortcuts