1st round opponent you want to avoid.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

Re: 1st round opponent you want to avoid.

i LOVE when Bruins die-hards start talking about "certainties".  Classic.  You think they would learn sometime to NEVER use words like that.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: 1st round opponent you want to avoid.:
    [QUOTE]I have 2 answers. a) Nobody b) Everybody. No one has owned the Bruins this year. Bruins have beaten the top competition. But the playoffs are a different season altogether. Bruins have had trouble with teams that should be clobbering. But the playoffs are a different season altogether. I'm not scared of any team in particular.  Anyone who reasonably stands a chance of making the playoffs right now could pull off an upset.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I think the Bruins can much up  well with any team in the East, but looking at the possibilities I think the NYR would be the most trouble because they are very physical and dirty and could get under the Bruins skin.

Tampa is scary because of their offense and especially their PP. 

Montreal is always a wild card one way or the other. 

Pittsburg will be the team to beat in the East if they are healthy.  They also have  alot of players that are physical (some that are dirty).  Say what you will about the Engeland (sic) hit on Savard but one of the main reasons players don't stand up to him very easily is he hurts people when he fights.  He doesn't just win fights, he TKOs players (including heavyweight like Orr - although Orr is on the downswing of his fighting ability, a few too many shots to the head this past year).  I think Engeland is now the toughest fighter in the league, although it would be a good tilt with the boggie-man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The weaknesses of the Bs is moving the puck out of the defensive zone.  The strength is on defense and in goal.  If I was the opposition coach (Sun Tzu..The Art of War) I would attack the strength of the Bs.  In other words place significant pressure on the Bs defense and the Bs will be beaten.  Now I am a Bs fan, so the best for the Bs is to score as many goals as possible.  

To answer the question(?), Montreal is the team the Bs should not want to face in the playoffs.  Quick forwards to pressure the slow Bs defense and solid defensive play to thwart the Bs lackluster offense.  I do ascribe to the thought the best time to face the challenge of Montreal is in the first round.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnnybruin. Show Johnnybruin's posts

I hate those Habs but if they want to go to the cup they HAVE TO BEAT THOSE FREAKIN HABS!!!! After reading all these posts I`m very happy to see that I am not the only one dented because of the FREAKIN HABS!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If the season ended today we would get the rangers.  I guess my preference would be to play Atlanta.  What each team in the bottom 4 offer as a challenge.

Caps- Ovie.  I know he has had a bad year by his standards but he has been playing better.  What also scares me is that they have mega cap room, prospects, picks and young talent to add the major pieces they need.  I see them adding a lot. 
    Rangers- The King,  He is excellent.  The Rangers also have a shut down dman in Staal and probably the better scorer in Gabby.  I still think Boston beats them but it would sure be a fun series to watch with Avery, Boogie and Prust running around. 
    Atlanta- experience from the guys that won the cup. I say this is our best matchup. 
    Habs- I don't fear them.  They have too many injuries and Price has mega shoes to fill from last yrs run.  He isnt the best pressure goalie on earth.  Even though I think he is having an amazing year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I believe the bruins have won 6 of there last 10 playoff meetings against the habs. I'd like to take a run at them, not away from them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Bruins chances of winning a playoff series against:

Philly: 40%
    Pittsburgh: 49%
    Montreal: 53%
    Washington: 55%
    NYR: 57%
    Carolina: 57%*
    Atlanta: 59%
    Tampa Bay: 60%

* Not in playoffs as of right now

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]I believe the bruins have won 6 of there last 10 playoff meetings against the habs. I'd like to take a run at them, not away from them.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]
    Yes indeed the bruins have beaten the Habs 6 out of the last 10 playoff meetings. It just doesn't seem like it with recent playoff losses to them in 02,04 & 08. Those ones really stung. Just seems like Habs catch all the breaks against us. Hopefully if they meet up, they can pick up where they left off in 09. I loved that sweep!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 1st round opponent you want to avoid.:[QUOTE]Bruins should want to avoid any team that can keep pace in goal with them. If Thomas can keep his regular season form going in the playoffs, the B's should have an advantage over a lot of teams. Realistically, though, the only teams that Boston will probably play in Round 1 are MTL, NYR, ATL, Carolina. Especially with the Habs injuries, I doubt the Bruins relinquish their hold on the 1st in the NE.Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Great point Kennedy and that for me would be Cam Ward. If Rutherford is allowed to add salary that worries me as Maurice could out coach Julien all day long.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]the b's need to face the hab's in order to exercise those demons,just ask the redsox how things have changed between them and the yanks.you can't be scared and keep hiding-bring them on. they are the one team you should want to play if your a bruin. but that being said, habs or not, a cup will erase a lot of bad memories- 
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

You whacked the Habs in 4 not-even-close games 2 years ago. I know that the history between the two franchises is somewhat one-sided, but that shallacking had to exorcise some demons.

I'm laughing at the "it's the refs / Habs get all the breaks" posts, though. The 3 times that Montreal defeated Boston in the last decade, it wasn't "the refs" or "the breaks". It was either the goaltending (MTL was worlds better in nets in 02 and 04) or the overall team: Montreal was better than Boston in 2007. The Bruins paid them back in spades the next year, though, and it wasn't breaks or officials there, either...the Bruins were just much, much better.

In the 4 series that the teams have played since 2000, the team that has deserved to win has done so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]I believe the bruins have won 6 of there last 10 playoff meetings against the habs. I'd like to take a run at them, not away from them.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

They have. But they've lost 3 of their last 4, although the sweep should have been worth more than 1 series, consdering that the teams could have played 10 games that year and MTL would probably not have won any.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

How about making the playoffs 1st--- its not a given.  16 wins will get them to 95 points, which will do the trick--- lots could happen before then.  Lots of "premature playoff calculations"--so lets wait till they "get in" first before all of you "dreamers" shoot your .......

P.S :  Once they do get it in-- I could care less who they play as long as they win 4 games before the other team does.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Habs and than Rangers.  The Bruins have a complex vs the Habs!!  They simply are too nice and too respectfull when playing them.  When i watch the Flyers vs the Habs...the Habs are scared to go in the corner sand the Flyers are playing with no fear.  This is the kind of approach that the Bruins should have vs the Habs!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Being from Montreal I'd love to face the habs ...yes it does hurt a lot when we lose to them but when we win it is so sweet .....yes Mtl has won all 3 games this year but the B's have a better team this year they know it and the fans fear the B's ...1st round against the habs and it would be crazy ...B's in 7

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]How about making the playoffs 1st--- its not a given.  16 wins will get them to 95 points, which will do the trick--- lots could happen before then.  Lots of "premature playoff calculations"--so lets wait till they "get in" first before all of you "dreamers" shoot your ....... P.S :  Once they do get it in-- I could care less who they play as long as they win 4 games before the other team does.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

Boston's making the playoffs. They're the most consistent team in a weak division, and they have a guy who is a bonafide Hart Trophy candidate in goal. I don't see them being on the outside looking in unless Thomas gets injured or collapses, or there are catastrophic injuries to a multitude of the skaters.

Sections
Shortcuts