2/22 - St. Louis Game Prep

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

2/22 - St. Louis Game Prep

Time of the year to have a home base for some of these key games.

By the way, did Fluto just post that the Blues have only lost 3 games in regulation at home? Leading the league in GAA, too. Not the best matchup to bust a slump, so tonight's more about play and effort for me and less on the final results.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Re: 2/22 - St. Louis Game Prep

Asmaha I appreciate your sentiment. But this feels like a must have win game in my book. Maybe it is just intuition or the bad breakfast borito but I think this is a defining game. I am a little disappointed PC has not made what ever trades he needed to for this game. Ottawa is sniffing at our heals. It is a bit demoralizing to drop out of first in our division. IMO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

macfact, read all the details. The bruins have 4 games == to 8 points in hand over Ottowa. Needless to say, they must turn their game around, or that cushion won't be helpful. I'll watch tonight and reserve my comments on Claude's decisions while the game progresses. My preferences would be to sit Pouliot and Corvo; play Camper on Kreji's wing; have Kelly center for Caron and Hennessey; have Bodnarchuck replace Corvo. I know , Claude is the decision-maker, and he has done well previously, but IMO he is stuck on his stubborness, and may not do any of these alternatives. This is an improved Blues team, particularly with Hitchcock leading them. You can bet that Hitch will have his team ready for Claude's usual offense and defense, and he will try to smother Bergeron's line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'll watch this game with a great deal of interest in Camper. Want to see if he looks like he could potentially have an impact at this level. Not expecting huge things tonight from him, just want to see what upside he shows. It'd be nice if it turns out that the B's truly found a diamond in the rough with this kid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 2/22 - St. Louis Game Prep:
    macfact, read all the details. The bruins have 4 games == to 8 points in hand over Ottawa. Posted by bogie6

Thank you for not making me type this again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Sorry boys I did just see that and understand. 4 games in hand makes the trade a little less urgent but do you think then he is still going to have to make a trade by Monday?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Thorton didn't practice this morning (sick) so maybe he's a scratch tonight.  Looking for a real tight defensive effort tonight from the B's - nothing fancy, stay out of the box and get top notch goaltending in a low scoring game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

St Louis isnt just "improved."  This is an elite team right now.

Couldnt bring myself to go down there and watch the B's get embarrassed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

“Go again,’’ Julien barked. “You want to [expletive] lollygag during the game? Go again.’’

Hope this helps cause the Bs are going to need it the Blues are well oiled machine. I think the only reason the Bruins made it through the 10 game losing streak of 2010 was Julien, he's going to need to work some defensive magic for the next month or so for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Sandog, you may be right. Claude does produce results, so we should not disagree too harshly, only speculatively. Actuall, with thorny sick, Claude might see a more complete performance from Campbell's line. At the same time, not trying Bodnarchuck as a replacement for Corvo, does not seem to be one of Claude's best decisions, plus not sitting Pouliot or covering him over with the pine, is another wonderment.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

St Louis isnt just "improved."  This is an elite team right now. Couldnt bring myself to go down there and watch the B's get embarrassed.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Well soxfan I'll sit in your place. I,ll be at the game tonight, cheering for B's. Probably be the only game (of any pro sport) I attend any time soon! Damn tix are expensive! Go B's!!!!!!!!!!!!KMc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

macfact, read all the details. The bruins have 4 games == to 8 points in hand over Ottowa. Needless to say, they must turn their game around, or that cushion won't be helpful. I'll watch tonight and reserve my comments on Claude's decisions while the game progresses. My preferences would be to sit Pouliot and Corvo; play Camper on Kreji's wing; have Kelly center for Caron and Hennessey; have Bodnarchuck replace Corvo. I know , Claude is the decision-maker, and he has done well previously, but IMO he is stuck on his stubborness, and may not do any of these alternatives. This is an improved Blues team, particularly with Hitchcock leading them. You can bet that Hitch will have his team ready for Claude's usual offense and defense, and he will try to smother Bergeron's line.
    Posted by bogie6

And Bruins play Ottawa this weekend and I'm at the game .
    Then it's back to Boston

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangr76. Show dangr76's posts

Projected Bruins lines

Forwards

Milan Lucic-Chris Kelly-David Krejci
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Jordan Caron-Carter Camper-Benoit Pouliot
    Daniel Paille-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Expecting a lot of points out of the 3rd line tonight..........YIKES!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

In Response to Re: 2/22 - St. Louis Game Prep : Well soxfan I'll sit in your place. I,ll be at the game tonight, cheering for B's. Probably be the only game (of any pro sport) I attend any time soon! Damn tix are expensive! Go B's!!!!!!!!!!!!KMc.
    Posted by NESportnut

Hey Nut, see ya there! My wife and I drove down from Chicago to watch the game....win or lose, we love the B's and since they only come into Chicago once every other season, gotta see em when they are anywhere I can get to!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Asmaha I appreciate your sentiment. But this feels like a must have win game in my book. Maybe it is just intuition or the bad breakfast borito but I think this is a defining game. I am a little disappointed PC has not made what ever trades he needed to for this game. Ottawa is sniffing at our heals. It is a bit demoralizing to drop out of first in our division. IMO
    Posted by Macfact

and Ovechkin  is not playing against the Sens tonight

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In Response to Re: 2/22 - St. Louis Game Prep : Hey Nut, see ya there! My wife and I drove down from Chicago to watch the game....win or lose, we love the B's and since they only come into Chicago once every other season, gotta see em when they are anywhere I can get to!!
    Posted by TurkS16

We'll be on the mezz level somewhere and I've got my SCup  champions tshirt on GO B's!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

No Thornton = no win

But really it comes down to Blues playing very well and Bruins not playing well at all. Without our injuries, I'd say this would be close... but as is: Bruins 1, Blues 3

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Ottawa up 2 zip early, I know B's have 4 games in hand but the 2 teams are going in the opposite direction and still no sense of urgency from Boston.

I think tonight is a must win.

Sections
Shortcuts