2 Days off to figure out how to stop the cherry pickers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

2 Days off to figure out how to stop the cherry pickers

I've never seen a team cherry pick like the Caps in a playoff game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Re: 2 Days off to figure out how to stop the cherry pickers

I agree with you, but the Bruins defense should never have left Laich that far away. They have to be more aware of what is going on. How do they not notice only 4 Caps in the offensive zone? They should also use the next 2 days off changing the powerplay. Sidenberg and Peverley should not be on the points, first unit or second unit. I would much rather see Boychuk and Rolston, and Chara and Bergeron.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I think claude will get it right also loved the in game adjustments he made changing up the lines to me this is where he has improved the most as a coach. Also I thought we got  ripped off on the penalties late how does looch get an extra penalty makes no sense to me.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Actually is this not a good move to cherry pick once in a while to catch the other team napping ? With the way the game is played nowadays with tight checking and fewer scoring chances this is not a bad idea.

It worked last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I thought that this was a big part of the game plan for Washington, as a way to even things up.  Overload on D and try to connect on the occasional long-distance break to guys like Ovechkin and Laich.  They're bound to convert eventually.

Anyways, how to stop a cherry picker?  Get an ax.  This is Washington, after all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: 2 Days off to figure out how to stop the cherry pickers:
    I thought that this was a big part of the game plan for Washington, as a way to even things up.  Overload on D and try to connect on the occasional long-distance break to guys like Ovechkin and Laich.  They're bound to convert eventually. Anyways, how to stop a cherry picker?  Get an ax.  This is Washington, after all.
    Posted by DrCC

the bruins have a few axes.... chara, lucic, thornton, and mcquaid when/if he returns. chop away boys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I thought that this was a big part of the game plan for Washington, as a way to even things up.  Overload on D and try to connect on the occasional long-distance break to guys like Ovechkin and Laich.  They're bound to convert eventually. Anyways, how to stop a cherry picker?  Get an ax.  This is Washington, after all.
    Posted by DrCC

Ovechkin has been doing it all series and scored today.  Seidenberg most of the time is there but he'll get burned every once in a while . It happens too fast and the player receiving the puck has all the momentum. 
    Most of the time Seidenberg is behind the the cherry picker, Chara didn't see Laich sneak behind all of them . You could see Chara directing the forwards where to go . The bench should have shouted out, Laich went right past them.

the ax ? it is cherry blossom season in DC , just didn;t think the pickers were out yet, nor did the Bruins. Beware !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

forget the pp.  keep getting coincidental minors and play 4-4. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Down a goal late, teams will often see if they can sneak a guy behind the D, it just never works, not even in Mites. 

If that is the B's biggest problem, they are in pretty good shape.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Down a goal late, teams will often see if they can sneak a guy behind the D, it just never works, not even in Mites.  If that is the B's biggest problem, they are in pretty good shape.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

It worked for the Caps last night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: 2 Days off to figure out how to stop the cherry pickers : It worked for the Caps last night.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Right, but if the biggest thing the Bruins need to correct is something that 10 year olds can be taught, I think they are in good shape. 

The D fell asleep and they got burned, does anyone really think they will get burned by a similar play again?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 2 Days off to figure out how to stop the cherry pickers : Right, but if the biggest thing the Bruins need to correct is something that 10 year olds can be taught, I think they are in good shape.  The D fell asleep and they got burned, does anyone really think they will get burned by a similar play again?

I bet Dale Hunter does.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: 2 Days off to figure out how to stop the cherry pickers : I bet Dale Hunter does.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Nah, Hunter is too busy thinking about how he can get on the ice to cheap a player after they score a goal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 2 Days off to figure out how to stop the cherry pickers : Nah, Hunter is too busy thinking about how he can get on the ice to cheap a player after they score a goal.

You bring up a good point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Anyways, how to stop a cherry picker?  Get an ax.  This is Washington, after all. Posted by DrCC

Nice but the best way is to get a lead then Hunter has to abandon the trap like last night.

PS. Loved Wideman's shove of Paille and disgusted look after the goal lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorHook. Show DoctorHook's posts

I hate cherry pickers, even in beer league.

Would like to see the Bruins bench call out the cherrypicking, but it's probably not necessary because the D likely won't be caught napping again.

Sections
Shortcuts