2 plausable moves that turn the B's around

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: 2 plausable moves that turn the B's around

In Response to Re: 2 plausable moves that turn the B's around:
    [QUOTE]Gonchar ?????  He is for free ....pick up his salary and the Sens will let him go for free....Kampfer is 10 times better ...Gonchar is finished .... Guerin ???????  I wiuld get Glen Murray back instead....horribles proposals ....we could get a lot more for Savard & Boychuck .... Tyler
    Posted by TylerSeguin[/QUOTE]
    Tyler are you drinking? Oh Claude is not going to like this!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Guerin and Gonchar...Can we bring back Knuble, Joe Thornton, and Raycroft too??  Why stop there, bring back O'Donnell, Samsanov...We can even activate the great Thomas Gradin....oh my god, Guerin and Gonchar??? Unbelievable. First of all, Guerin died about 3 years ago, but his body kept playing in his place. Gonchar is/was a great offensive d-man, but those days are over. As for dumping Savard, as I've stated in other threads. Get him Rick Nash, get him Kopitar, get him any player who doesn't think 3 seconds before actually attempting to shoot. One-timing is a lost art form in Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Caron with Providence:  13GP 1 goal, 5 assists, 8 PIM's = he's not ready yet.  I saw Caron play for P-Bruins 12-31-10 at Manchester, he was almost invisible.

(Note:  For the vast majority of AHL players to be considered ready for a shot at the NHL, they're typically playing at a point-per-game pace.  At less than 1/2 point per game so far, Caron hasn't shown he's ready to return to Boston.)

Gonchar:  Turns 37 in April, makes $5.5 million per year for 2 more years AFTER this year.  Not a good investment, unless you think B's are one D away from winning the Cup (which they're not!). 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]which is why i said dump Savard's salary,,,,you might be able to get Calgary to take him and Colborne for an expiring contract. Hell, throw Hamil and Wheeler in. Anything to free up some space. But you gotta DO SOMETHING. We can't continue to have Savard, Bergy and Krecji. They're just to similar in style. And none are physical. We need a physical center. Someone with size. Not to mention some scoring wings. Nobody is playing GM, that is a facile comment. We're just fans musing on ways to improve the team we love. If it bothers ya, turn the channel.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

You're either pipedreaming or smoking one.

Savard's salary can't be "dumped".  Who'd take him?  He clearly hasn't returned to form, and remains damaged goods.  Think:  How long did it take Bergy to return to form when he came back from his concussion?  (about 18 MONTHS!)  All of this means that no NHL team is going to take on Savard's 7 year contract without first seeing that he's playing like he used to.

Also, no other NHL teams want Hamill, so how and why would we get anyone useful for him? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

middleton - If I'm summarizing here, I'd say I agree with the general tone of responses.  That is, if you accept the idea that Savard is pretty much done, then anything you get beyond the boost of addition by subtraction is gravy.  But Gonchar is some weak azz gravy.  If Tom gets angry watching Ryder, he'll turn green and run around in ripped up purple pants after watching Gonchar's game these days.  He's a turnover machine who is a greater risk for SHGs against than he is a threat on the PP.  He is soooo done.

Oh, Guerin. By your own lines, you don't have him or Recchi seeing the ice, so why is he a target?  He has to play for his work ethic or commitment or whatever to rub off on others.  If he's just standing around the locker room repeating cliches or telling other guys to work harder, someone's just going to tell him to take his Geritol and shut the F up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Guerin and Gonchar...Can we bring back Knuble, Joe Thornton, and Raycroft too??  Why stop there, bring back O'Donnell, Samsanov...We can even activate the great Thomas Gradin....oh my god, Guerin and Gonchar??? Unbelievable. First of all, Guerin died about 3 years ago, but his body kept playing in his place. Gonchar is/was a great offensive d-man, but those days are over. As for dumping Savard, as I've stated in other threads. Get him Rick Nash, get him Kopitar, get him any player who doesn't think 3 seconds before actually attempting to shoot. One-timing is a lost art form in Boston.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

THOMAS GRADIN!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

If one really wants to try and resuscitate the dead why not just bring back Satan for the league minimum......no future in any of these has beens....bring on the kids!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Welcome to the fray middleton 16.
    Guess i'm from the disagreement camp.  Appears Gonchar is done, and as stated above, he'll be available for nothing.  Why? After this year, he still has 2 more seasons at 5.5 mil.  End of story. 
    General consenus is that Savard "may" be done due to injury, and because he has so many years left at 4.007 mil, no one, repeat, no one wants him now.  That could change if he finds his game...but right now, there are no takers.  None.