2 players who *should* go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

2 players who *should* go

Caron and Cross.  I don't believe there is a place in the organization for them anymore.  And I believe they are blocking the development of players with more potential.  Both are RFAs for this coming season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: 2 players who *should* go

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Caron and Cross.  I don't believe there is a place in the organization for them anymore.  And I believe they are blocking the development of players with more potential.  Both are RFAs for this coming season.

[/QUOTE]

Cory or Kris? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Does he have his pants on backwards?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

I could see them not making an offer to Caron & Thornton, then re-signing both at the league minimum, which would make them cheaper options than the not-ready-for-prime-time group of players in Providence.

You know a lot more about Cross than I do. All I remember about him, is that Boston gave away their 3rd round pick to move up just 3 spots in the 2nd round, to get this guy!

They must really thought he was going to be good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

They don't look backwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMkIuKXwmlU" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMkIuKXwmlU 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cory or Kris? 

[/QUOTE]

Either one can currently perform better than Tommy.

And please don't remind me that they traded to move up to get this guy, that was brain dead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hahaha...nice. Kris Kross ruled!!...for about 6 months

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Both should be gone....zero reason for having them soaking up roster spots

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Caron & Cross will never,ever,ever be full time Boston Bruins,for that reason they might as well move along and try to find work,better for all parties.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Everybody...Jump...Jump!!!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Everybody...Jump...Jump!!!

[/QUOTE]

The Badhab obeys the SanDog and jumps twice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Of all the guys under contact, why Cross?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of all the guys under contact, why Cross?

[/QUOTE]

He's really slow, as soon as (and sometimes sooner) the other guys get the puck he charges out to center ice so that he doesn't get burned, but sometimes does anyway.

Poor skills, at games and at camp I've seen him miss easy passes - giving them that is.

Shot is not that good, not horrible, but not that good.

Seems poor at quick decision making, when he has time he seems only adequate (for the AHL).

Everything about him says to me career AHL 4 d pairing with maximum upside of 3 d pairing.

Anecdote:

This was weird.  One of the games I went to this year I was right behind the Providence bench at Worcester.  I was doing what I always do, checking out what sticks, skates, curves the guys are using when my eyes settled on Cross.  Then we got into a stare down competition, the national anthem started or maybe the game was about to begin and he didn't look away and just stood there staring at me and I thought this is really weird, I blinked first and looked away, it was embarrassing.  As soon as I looked away Cross skated away.  

It just strikes me that someone who would engage in a stare down contest with some old fat bastid fan at an AHL rink has mentally resigned himself to play in the bush leagues the rest of his life.  So I think he's given up mentally and that's my explanation why.

And they have interesting players down there in Providence.  Other than 3 old guys who are career minor leaguers (Moore, Robbins and Sweethands), all the rest show that one little sign that they just might make it, you know, that clever pass shot or play where you think hey, that was pretty good or gee, maybe I can try that my next pickup game.  At least with the old guys they don't get burned or look stupid at least not often.  Cross will make at least one mistake a game that makes you wonder what he was thinking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

How in the world is Tommy Cross blocking anyone's path to the NHL? 

Trotman and Warsofsky are the next gen and they're ahead of Cross on the chart. Grzldchick and O'Gara are NCAA players - not pros yet.  Arnesson's in Europe.  So really, are we saying that Cross has got to go for the negative impact he's having on undrafted AHL free agent Chris Casto?  Is he killing Stanley's binky Blake Parlett?  Would Frankie Simonelli have played more this year if not for Cross?

Neither guy is a guy I would say needs to go or should go.  Both are guys that, as Bruins fans, you want to go because, while they have just enough to hold down the role they're in, you want someone with more to offer to take it from them. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How in the world is Tommy Cross blocking anyone's path to the NHL? 

Trotman and Warsofsky are the next gen and they're ahead of Cross on the chart. Grzldchick and O'Gara are NCAA players - not pros yet.  Arnesson's in Europe.  So really, are we saying that Cross has got to go for the negative impact he's having on undrafted AHL free agent Chris Casto?  Is he killing Stanley's binky Blake Parlett?  Would Frankie Simonelli have played more this year if not for Cross?

Neither guy is a guy I would say needs to go or should go.  Both are guys that, as Bruins fans, you want to go because, while they have just enough to hold down the role they're in, you want someone with more to offer to take it from them. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

[/QUOTE]

Blocking an NHL path in that he's blocking an AHL path.  The Ben Youds kid is an intriguing prospect, not saying he will ever play an NHL game in his life, but certainly a better chance than Cross.

You get guys that come out of the blue every now and again and if they don't get the chance in the AHL it lessens their chances for the NHL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE

Trotman and Warsofsky are the next gen and they're ahead of Cross

[/QUOTE]

Warsofky will never be a top six in Boston as long as Krug is around....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

marchand and marchand

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think they have to "jump" ship....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I agree that Cross is not an NHLer but he's not blocking anyone. You could apply the same logic to 8-10 guys in providence. Guys who don't pan out end up being gone eventually, usually well before they are in the way of somebody with a better upside. Now if they send warsofsky elsewhere in a trade and PC tells us it was because of the D logjam and cites Cross as part of that, then it's a different story. And time to find a new GM.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Cross will probably head back to BC, get his law degree and be an associate coach for York. From what I have been told Tommy never handled the crankiness of his knees, after his operation, very well.

Anywho hope PC resigns Trotman and Warsofsky for another year. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cross will probably head back to BC, get his law degree and be an associate coach for York. From what I have been told Tommy never handled the crankiness of his knees, after his operation, very well.

Anywho hope PC resigns Trotman and Warsofsky for another year. 

[/QUOTE]

I hope he re-signs Warsofsky, at Providence this year his game really developed. Terrific on the power play, very good passer and much improved defensively. Has a good shot also. Like I said before, I keep reading/hearing he wont be on the team as long as Krug is here and they will not have the two of them in the line up at the same time. I'll take the two of them any day, especially over McQuaid/Miller.

Sections
Shortcuts