2 solid games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

2 solid games

Really liked both games. TT solid. Defense solid (Chara showed some rust letting Giroux skate by him with the inside-out move.) Offense and PP seems to be getting a lot of chances (Marchand misses 2 breakaways and Horton seems off his game.) Bruins could easily have had 4 points instead of 2 if it weren't for Bryzgalov.

GO BRUINS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: 2 solid games

I thought the first 10 minutes of the first game were great, then they went to sleep. Game 2 was outstanding.  They look really good, like they are building on last year not taking a step back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Definitely think the Bruins are moving the puck out of their own zone quickly and freely so far, that is a good sign for sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Very nice win tonight. Need to keep up with the Sabres and Leafs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

The Leafs are planning their parade route as we speak.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Toronto's next game isn't till next Saturday so I have to listen to Scotty Laughlin rave about the Laffs all week on NHL Home Ice radio good grief!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 2 solid games:
    Posted by huntbri

Hunt, I thought Brian Burke looked more excited than Kessel about the hat-trick. I'm sure he was hoping that Seguin wouldn't already be in a legitimate race with PK for overall points. Will you be shocked if Seguin out-points him this year? I sure won't. If I'd known we could get Seguin alone for PK I would've been pleased. Thinking about adding Knight and Hamilton into the mix makes me giddy. Since Burke's arrival in Toronto, he's done more to solidify Boston's future than he has the Leafs. Frankly, I'll be pleased if the Leafs can stay competitive. Now that the deal is done, they're the Canadian team I root for. Admittedly, it was much easier to do when they were in the other conference.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

That's funny cause it's true.  I remember last year around this time I was traveling through Moncton, NB and went to Cheers to catch the Bruins game. I was hit from all angles by Leafs fans saying this is the year, and how it was such a good time to be a Leafs fan. It was amazing.

Posted by huntbri

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Sorry but growing up in Southern Ontario it is hard to like the leafs if you cheer for someone else.  If the leafs ever win I am going on a long vacation.  At least the Bruins win last year has it made it a little easier for me to listen to the Leafers bs.  I just remind them who the Stanley Cup Champion is.  At our annual hockey pool last Friday night every time a Bruin was picked my buddy (who is also a Bruins fan) and I would announce the pick "from the Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins Patrice Bergeron".  It was fun to rub it in to the mostly leaf fans in attendance.  As far as the Kessel deal - I do agree that I would take Seguin straight up for Kessel.  Seguin is already moving into the same league as Kessel early in his 2nd year and he still isn't treated like the man in Boston as Kessel is in Toronto.  Once that happens (I am hoping this year but it may be next year as Julien is a stubborn guy sometimes look for him to be a better player than Kessel. Add in Knight and Hamilton and the deal was a steal for the Bruins.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to 2 solid games:
    Really liked both games. TT solid. Defense solid (Chara showed some rust letting Giroux skate by him with the inside-out move.) Offense and PP seems to be getting a lot of chances (Marchand misses 2 breakaways and Horton seems off his game.) Bruins could easily have had 4 points instead of 2 if it weren't for Bryzgalov. GO BRUINS!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Yes,I am pleased the way the B's have played in these two games.Corvo looks like an upgrade over Kaberle.The only concern I have is with the 3rd line.Not sure if it is deep enough.Sure, Seguin is playing great and I like Kelly but Caron and Pouillet have looked so so in these two games.I think the B's may need one more good forward but we have cap space and plenty of time to add a forward.I think the roster we saw tonight is good enough to with the Stanley Cup again with some minor tweaking.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Dallas-- also noticed corvo's proficiency at the blue line-keeps the puck goin to the net. Seguin's steppin up this year- as long as he has linemates that can keep up with him- see him poppin some water bottles this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Dallas-- also noticed corvo's proficiency at the blue line-keeps the puck goin to the net. Seguin's steppin up this year- as long as he has linemates that can keep up with him- see him poppin some water bottles this year.
    Posted by 86redsox

It's kind of ironic now that Ryder is gone but I think he would be a perfect fit on that 3rd line .Oh well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Sorry Dallas, Slyder had his chances and failed. Pouliot and Caron will both be more consistent. Kelly is only as good as he can be, mostly defensively without any real scoring hands. Seguin is a top 6 forward, and helps make this edition of the Bruins a three scoring line threat. It also demonstrates how Thornton continues to lose the puck in the offensive zone, forcing Paille and Campbell to cover for Fluto's poster boy. Any chance we can trade Thornton for Hall [ the Tampa Bay Hall] who is bigger and looks to be just as tough if not tougher.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

*The team is faster than last year.

*So far I like the temperment, I was beside myself after the loss in game 1 last year.  After the Flyers series I expected the first game back from that to be really upbeat and they were dead.  This year's game 1 was also a loss, but the energy level and emotion was there all game.  A "good" loss.

*Seguin keeps evolving

*Marchand's evolution is right on track from the playoffs.

*Under the radar Boychuk and McQuaid have stepped up.

*The PP is night and day different than last year.

*My entertainment level is head and shoulders above what it was for the first 2 games last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

The Leafs have won a lot of Stanley Cups in October.

They will do what they do every late Autumn...a fall.

11th in the East.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Sorry Dallas, Slyder had his chances and failed. Pouliot and Caron will both be more consistent. Kelly is only as good as he can be, mostly defensively without any real scoring hands. Seguin is a top 6 forward, and helps make this edition of the Bruins a three scoring line threat. It also demonstrates how Thornton continues to lose the puck in the offensive zone, forcing Paille and Campbell to cover for Fluto's poster boy. Any chance we can trade Thornton for Hall [ the Tampa Bay Hall] who is bigger and looks to be just as tough if not tougher.
    Posted by bogie6

I don't think Thornton will play any more than 50 games or so this year.He will be a healthy scratch frequently.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to 2 solid games : I think the roster we saw tonight is good enough to with the Stanley Cup again with some minor tweaking.
    Posted by DallasSmith

If they all stay healthy, I agree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Posted by bogie6
    I hope Pouliot and Caron will be more consistent.As of yet they don't have a proven track record to guarantee that.Ryder usually plays well in the playoffs.For the same dollars I would want Ryder over Caron or Pouillot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Thank you .....Thank you....Thank you.....keep up the posts boys...I'm stuck out here without Center Ice this season and I feel like I'm on a distant planet as far as Bruin hockey goes....Glad to see the team flying out there....And TT sharp...Good signs !! 

Sections
Shortcuts