2011-2012 Bruins lineup projection

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

2011-2012 Bruins lineup projection

Just wanted to see peoples opinion on how the lineup will look like for next year. Ryder, Recchi, definitely won't be with the team next year with Wheeler and Stuart as big maybes.

Don't really have high hopes that Colborne makes the squad and already close to giving up on Hamill

lineup should look like

Horton Krejci Lucic
    Seguin Savard Wheeler*
    Caron Bergeron Spooner
    Thornton Campbell Marchand

extras who have a shot: Knight/Colborne/Suave/Arniel

Chara Boychuk
    Seidenberg Stuart*
    Ference Mcquaid

extras who have a shot: Kampfer/Bartowski/Alexandrov/Larsson(if we are lucky)

Thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Re: 2011-2012 Bruins lineup projection

I would guess that there would also be some action at this years trade deadline considering there has been the last couple years so there would be a good chance that you take away maybe a wheeler or stuart at the trade deadline and add a top six forward or top four defenseman.  Also if the Maple Leafs tank and the Bruins get a top 3 draft pick he will likely be in the lineup

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MRELD. Show MRELD's posts

Give up on Hamill......avoid the rush

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Wheeler is on this team next year I'm going to get sick all over Chiarelli's nice Harvard suit!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

SanDog, you don't think Wheeler's play has improved since last season? He's definitely using his body more. If this is a stupid question, forgive me, I've been away for a bit.

Zac Hamill, one goal, eleven assists. I'm afraid he's the Jonathan Aitken (sp?) of forwards. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Yaz, I like what you've got there. My knowledge of Spooner is limited to some press clippings and Chowdah's OHL updates, so I am not sure he'll get the open spot, though most of what I've read is very promising. If the Leafs pick is top 3, I could see that player making a jump up the depth chart, but I could also see PC taking his time with that player because of depth and cap concerns.

Davidorr, Wheeler has been better in my opinion. I agree with you that he has been using the body more. My issue, and I think the issue others on this board may have, is that he just doesn't seem to produce much offense or show much offensive upside, despite being a great skater and fairly effective checker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bizman86. Show bizman86's posts

I think Arniel and Sauve will make the team next year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Wheeler better not be with the team next year.  Clearly he's trying really hard, but he's just not as good as everyone once thought.  I doubt Spooner makes the team next year, but if he does, I'd be pretty happy.  There's mutual interes between the Bruins and Stuart on a long term deal, so I don't think he's going anywhere.  Paille will also most likely be traded or bought out.  Right now, my guess (and hope) is:

Lucic - Savard - Horton
    Nugent-Hopkins - Krejci - Seguin
    Caron - Bergeron - Colborne
    Thornton - Campbell - Arniel
    Spooner? Sauve?

Chara - Boychuk
    Seidenberg - Stuart
    Bartkowski - McQuaid
    Kampfer? Cohen?

Thomas - Rask

No Marchand, I know.  It's not that I don't like him, because I do, but I've seen the way the Bruins treat his type.  Gritty player with alot of heart, but struggles to make the team until the last year of his EL contract, so they don't extend a qualifying offer to him or they trade him for the rights to a college kid.  Prime example: Vladmir Sobotka
    No Ference either.  That probably makes alot of you feel warm and fuzzy inside, but I like him.  I just think the Bruins will want to go a little younger on defense, and therefore move Ference for a mid-level pick.
    As for Nugent-Hopkins, I'm not predicting where the Laffs will finish, but I'm going by where their pick is now (3rd overall, assuming no surprise lottery winner)  I'd like Matt Peumpel because he's a natural winger, but his stock is falling right now (alot like Kabanov's did last year, minus the attitude problems, and alot like Merril's did last year) and Nugent-Hopkins seems like a strong choice for 3rd overall.  All this is assuming the Bruins make no trades or FA signings and decide to fill their holes internally.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 2011-2012 Bruins lineup projection:[QUOTE]SanDog, you don't think Wheeler's play has improved since last season? He's definitely using his body more. If this is a stupid question, forgive me, I've been away for a bit.
    Posted by Davidorr[/QUOTE]

Not a stupid question but what you see is what you get. Blake will never be more than what he is Projected 82  20  13  33  -3. 17 to 22 goals a year frankly I rather see someone with that kind of talent go to net more often. Oh and he never takes the body ever that is a waste of a 6'5" frame IMO. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'll be shocked if Stuart isn't here next year. Over the last five games only Boychuck has a higher plus/minus. When you look at removing a piece, you have to look at what you have to fill that slot.
    Stuart is physical, a good skater, blocks shots, not afraid to fight, and rarely has two bad nights in the same month. Of the guys behind him on the depth chart, Kampfer, Bartowski, Penner are all as small as Ference or smaller. Donald & McQuaid don't have the positional soundness, and I don't think Donald is as good a skater.

In Response to 2011-2012 Bruins lineup projection:
    [QUOTE]Just wanted to see peoples opinion on how the lineup will look like for next year. Ryder, Recchi, definitely won't be with the team next year with Wheeler and Stuart as big maybes. Don't really have high hopes that Colborne makes the squad and already close to giving up on Hamill lineup should look like Horton Krejci Lucic Seguin Savard Wheeler* Caron Bergeron Spooner Thornton Campbell Marchand extras who have a shot: Knight/Colborne/Suave/Arniel Chara Boychuk Seidenberg Stuart* Ference Mcquaid extras who have a shot: Kampfer/Bartowski/Alexandrov/Larsson(if we are lucky) Thoughts
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

your forgetting whoever that top 5 pick from Toronto will be...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I will be suprised if Stuart is back next year.  We all know we need better puck movement from the back end, the cap is suppose to rise because of the new TV deal and we already have cap space available next season.  I will be very surprised if we do not take a run at Pitkanen and reunite the pair of Seindenberg-Pitkanen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'm willing to bet Stuart is kept, and if another dman is traded it's Ference.

In Response to Re: 2011-2012 Bruins lineup projection:
    [QUOTE]I will be suprised if Stuart is back next year.  We all know we need better puck movement from the back end, the cap is suppose to rise because of the new TV deal and we already have cap space available next season.  I will be very surprised if we do not take a run at Pitkanen and reunite the pair of Seindenberg-Pitkanen.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO the defense complement that now exists will be clearly changed, as well as a few forwards. Do not expect to see Recchi, Ryder, Wheeler and hopefully Thornton up front, or Stuart,Boychuck and maybe Ference. The Bruins do not need exhibition fights, they can still have tough responses when necessary. Claude will have to release Chara's and Lucic's restraints. Marchand is a solid 4th line player who can shoot, and should score more as his confidence builds. Playing under Claude's restrictive positioning is more than difficult. Do not expect to see Spooner, Colborne or Sauve yet, Arneil is a good possibility, even this current year if Peter makes some moves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Expecting that much turnover on defense when it as a unit they perform better than 28 or 29 others on any given night is unsupportable. Giving up a good skater, good hitter, with a 100 mph shot like Boychuk would be just plain silly, expecially if you're giving up the other two as well. That'd leave Chara, Seidenberg and McQuaid as the only three defensemen in the system to have played even 5 games in the NHL.

But here's a list of the defensemen who will be UFA's this summer. You go ahead and replace those guys with a similar cap hit, and equal or higher skill. Just tell us which player is replacing who, and how they are better.  http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2011&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2

We'll be waiting.

[QUOTE]IMO the defense complement that now exists will be clearly changed, as well as a few forwards. Do not expect to see Recchi, Ryder, Wheeler and hopefully Thornton up front, or Stuart,Boychuck and maybe Ference. The Bruins do not need exhibition fights, they can still have tough responses when necessary. Claude will have to release Chara's and Lucic's restraints. Marchand is a solid 4th line player who can shoot, and should score more as his confidence builds. Playing under Claude's restrictive positioning is more than difficult. Do not expect to see Spooner, Colborne or Sauve yet, Arneil is a good possibility, even this current year if Peter makes some moves.
    Posted by Bogie6[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Sauve will make the team next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Suave may just be my fave forward prospect, but the boy needs to stay healthy for a six month stretch.

[QUOTE]Sauve will make the team next year.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sauve can't get healthy.  Hard to see him making the jump if he doesn't get that development time in Providence.  Colborne is a minus machine at the AHL level.  He seems smart enough to learn quickly, but he has a long way to go.  I don't know if there's room for both Arniel and Marchand.  I'm also not going to overlook a Bitz-like decision to bring up a guy with less skill but more size.  Hopefully he's more involved than "Bitzy-cat".  Nickname says it all.

On D...I wouldn't expect to see more than one of the former college D-men.  Looks like Kampfer despite Bartkowski's strong camp.  Another strong camp might flip them, but I'd bet on  one or the other over Penner and Bodnarchuk - and Alexandrov a long distant finisher.  He'll need two years if not more.

If you think about it in terms of vacancies, they'll need wingers who can score first and foremost if Sturm, Ryder, Wheeler, and Recchi all walk.  Not a fearsome foursome, sure, but the over under for them should be 80 goals over 82 games.   I don't think you can rely on rookies to fill out your second and third lines and get that kind of production.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

My hope?

Lucic - Savard - Horton
    Caron - Krejci - Seguin
    Knight/Spooner - Bergeron - Colborne
    Thornton - Campbell - Marchand

Chara - Boychuk
    Seidenberg - Ference
    Larsson/Musil - McQuaid

I think both Larsson and Musil can make the jump right away - Musil has really impressed me this season, and if Larsson is still ranked ahead of him, he must be very special. Musil is the only reason worth watching the Giants. I'm hoping if the Bruins finish top three in the draft they get Larsson, and if it's a top ten, then Musil.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Assuming the RFA get signed, here's the Bs current projected roster. Paille is signed in 2011 but I doubt he'll be here next fall.

Lucic - Savard - Horton
    ?      - Krejic - Seguin
    ?      - Bergeron - Wheeler
    Marchand - Campbell - Thornton 

Chara - Boychuk
    Seids - Stuart
    Ference - ?

Thomas
    Rask 

Salary for signed players is $48.75 million. Add in the RFAs at a 20% increase (Wheeler and Marchand) and Stuart at a 40% bump (UFA) then add back Paille's and you get $6.99 million of cap space (Salary cap now expected to be $3 million higher in 11) with McQuaid as a healthy scratch.

If you assume the B's will fill all the holes with youth - $3.5 for our lottery pick from Toronto - and $1 million each for the other 2 spots, the Bs will have $1.29 of salary cap room with only McQuaid as a scratch. However, given the bonus cushions, the Bs could have $4 million of salary cap room for a top 9 forward or top 4 defenseman.

If not and we assume our top 10 pick won't break camp with the team......

Lucic - Savard - Horton
    Sauve - Krejic - Seguin
    Caron - Bergeron - Wheeler
    Marchand - Campbell - Thornton 

Chara - Boychuk
    Seids - Stuart
    Ference - Barkowski

Thomas
    Rask 

I do like Colbourne over Wheeler but don't know if he's ready.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

Has anyone considered how much cap space will be left with these projected line ups.

Me thinks that they may want to get a proven defenceman and/or forward

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

don't get how Suave is ahead of Spooner in the depth charts? Spooner was one of the last man standing at camp this year. He has been great in the ohl and should be a good 2nd or 3rd line player next season.

I'd also be suprised Stuarts back next year . Piktanen would be a big addition but the caines i doubt will let him walk without a fight

Larsson would be a gift of a pick

Warsofsky has an outside but "i wouldn't be totally shocked" chance to make the team. He has Brian Rafalski written all over him and can skate like the wind

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

According to CapGeek, we have 17 players on the roster (assuming Caron does well in Providence and makes the team next year), at a total hit of $49.852975 Million. The Cap is expect to rise from $59.4M to about $61.4-$62.4M.

That leaves 5-6 slots open with roughly $11.6-12.6M to spend.

It seems as if no one thinks we will sign a free agent winger or two, and go with a bunch of rookies cracking the lineup. No one seems to think we'll get a good puck-moving d-man like a Steve Montador or an Ian White, or a winger or two of Matt Moulson, Radim Vrbata, Antti Mietinnen, Scottie Upshall or even bring back a Michael Ryder or Blake Wheeler.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think we will, but that's all pure speculation, there's no way to gauge who we can/will sign - I made my lineup based on our current system and our likely draft pick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

[QUOTE]According to CapGeek, we have 17 players on the roster (assuming Caron does well in Providence and makes the team next year), at a total hit of $49.852975 Million. The Cap is expect to rise from $59.4M to about $61.4-$62.4M. That leaves 5-6 slots open with roughly $11.6-12.6M to spend. It seems as if no one thinks we will sign a free agent winger or two, and go with a bunch of rookies cracking the lineup. No one seems to think we'll get a good puck-moving d-man like a Steve Montador or an Ian White, or a winger or two of Matt Moulson, Radim Vrbata, Antti Mietinnen, Scottie Upshall or even bring back a Michael Ryder or Blake Wheeler.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

I see your point but Steve Montador or Ian White? There is a reason Montador wasn't resigned. When you have guys who are just as good in Kampfer and Bartowski already plus they are cheaper, what is the point?

We will have money to sign FA but don't forget that guys like Krejci, Lucic, Rask will need to be resigned in no time and you need to keep a reserve fund for that. On top of that most great teams build from within their system.(chicago, detroit, penguins) We have some bright and talented rookies who have good chances to make an impact as soon as next year. They should be given the chance 

Sections
Shortcuts