2011-2012 My top 5 Breakout players.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

2011-2012 My top 5 Breakout players.

Here are my top 5 players who will have a breakout year this year. Who you got?

1. James Van Riemsdyk - With the trades of Carter & Richards I think this is his team now. i see big things from him.

2. Matt Duchene - Awesome skater with awesome ability, would have him #1 had they not traded Stewart and kept the nucleus of young forwards but make no mistake, he is the centerpiece and for me the best overall player from that draft.

3. Evander Kane- Doesnt have a ton around him to work with but he is a force and should have a breakthrough year.

4. Mikael Backlund- Will finally get the chance to play on the top line and will produce alongside Iginla. Loads of skill.

5. John Carlson - Unreal offensive skills for a defenseman, will see time on the top power play unit for a Caps team that I have winning it all.

Honorable mention: Tyler Ennis, Lars Eller and Tyler Seguin. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Seguins second half next year will be his coming out party.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: 2011-2012 My top 5 Breakout players.

In Response to 2011-2012 My top 5 Breakout players.:
    [QUOTE]Here are my top 5 players who will have a breakout year this year. Who you got? 1. James Van Riemsdyk - With the trades of Carter & Richards I think this is his team now. i see big things from him. 2. Matt Duchene - Awesome skater with awesome ability, would have him #1 had they not traded Stewart and kept the nucleus of young forwards but make no mistake, he is the centerpiece and for me the best overall player from that draft. 3. Evander Kane- Doesnt have a ton around him to work with but he is a force and should have a breakthrough year. 4. Mikael Backlund- Will finally get the chance to play on the top line and will produce alongside Iginla. Loads of skill. 5. John Carlson - Unreal offensive skills for a defenseman, will see time on the top power play unit for a Caps team that I have winning it all. Honorable mention: Tyler Ennis, Lars Eller and Tyler Seguin. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Seguins second half next year will be his coming out party.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Pretty good looking list..
    I was suprised Carlson didn't have more consideration for the calder..

Calling for a break out year from duchene, not sure how much he can improve on his previous campaign in regards to a "break out" near 70 points last season, should improve, but I would be surprised to see a 90 point campaign...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Brad Marchand

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

In Response to Re: 2011-2012 My top 5 Breakout players.:
    [QUOTE]Brad Marchand
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

He already broke out. Surpirsed you hadn't heard about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Seguin
    Seguin
    Seguin
    Seguin
    Seguin!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin Seguin Seguin Seguin Seguin!
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Right on, BadHab! How are you doing?

From what I saw Sunday and from what he told me, I see nothing but great things ahead in 2011-12.

He wants it bad! He wants to be the best!

Not only is he fit, he is in great shape - he is in sculpted shape.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan1972. Show bruinsfan1972's posts

I think Tyler can break out to a 20-25 goal, 55-60 point season if he gets to play 15 minutes a game and receives regular power play time.  He may be capable of more, but I think that may be jumping the gun a little, especially in Boston's system.  I will never complain about the system ever again, as it won them the Cup.  One player who I do think will break out however is Taylor Hall.  No matter how much they deny it, Hall and Seguin are linked forever.  With Tyler having his highlight game in the Conference finals and being part of a Cup winning team, I am sure Hall has incentive to make a big splash this year.  I can see him getting close to the point a game mark.  Overall I still think Seguin has the potential to be better, but I think Hall will get 20 minutes a game and lots of power play time and at this point in their careers I think Hall will get more points than Seguin.  I do hope however that TS proves me wrong and breaks out like Stamkos did in his sophomore year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dentris. Show dentris's posts

Jamie Benn

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011-2012 My top 5 Breakout players. : Right on, BadHab! How are you doing? From what I saw Sunday and from what he told me, I see nothing but great things ahead in 2011-12. He wants it bad! He wants to be the best! Not only is he fit, he is in great shape - he is in sculpted shape.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

I'm doing good, and it looks like Tyler is doing better!

Just a few more weeks until training camp.

Geez, cup winners, if they don't carry the preseason games on tv again this year I'm just going to...  well...  I'll do something, that's for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

caps winning it all....now THAT is funny

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]caps winning it all....now THAT is funny
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]

Why is that funny? They're a great team that have all the incredients of a championship team. Getting it together is a HUGE possibilty. Most great teams suffer defeat; before winning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Dream #1....Doug Hamilton....Makes the team....AND....is in the running for the Calder !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to 2011-2012 My top 5 Breakout players.:
    [QUOTE]Here are my top 5 players who will have a breakout year this year. Who you got? 1. James Van Riemsdyk - With the trades of Carter & Richards I think this is his team now. i see big things from him. 2. Matt Duchene - Awesome skater with awesome ability, would have him #1 had they not traded Stewart and kept the nucleus of young forwards but make no mistake, he is the centerpiece and for me the best overall player from that draft. 3. Evander Kane- Doesnt have a ton around him to work with but he is a force and should have a breakthrough year. 4. Mikael Backlund- Will finally get the chance to play on the top line and will produce alongside Iginla. Loads of skill. 5. John Carlson - Unreal offensive skills for a defenseman, will see time on the top power play unit for a Caps team that I have winning it all. Honorable mention: Tyler Ennis, Lars Eller and Tyler Seguin. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Seguins second half next year will be his coming out party.

Good list. I'll replace John Carlson with Cam Fowler;Jack Johnson replaces Evander Kane & Chris Stewart will score 40+ goals this year to replace Backlund.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good list a good thread kel.

I might argue that Duchene already broke out this past year, as he was by far the best player on the Avs and led them in scoring.  Good choice anyhow though, the kid is fantastic and is only gonna get better.

All homer bias aside, I think Seguin has to be on the list.

Other candidates not mentioned:  Colin Wilson, Jordan Eberle, Alex Pietrangelo, Stefan Elliot, Alex Burmistrov.

Someone pull this thread back up in 5 months...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think Duchene is that good and he'll put up more significant numbers, in short, I think his ceiling is that high. I like your list Nite, to me Stewart came out last year, though I agree, I see 40 plus in him, totally agree with Fowler, one of the smoothest out there, every time I see him I think Niedermayer, obviously cause of the Duck connection, but the skating as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I think Duchene is that good and he'll put up more significant numbers, in short, I think his ceiling is that high. I like your list Nite, to me Stewart came out last year, though I agree, I see 40 plus in him, totally agree with Fowler, one of the smoothest out there, every time I see him I think Niedermayer, obviously cause of the Duck connection, but the skating as well.

Yea; Fowler is that type of skater where you could bring somebody from Egypt, let them watch Fowler skate. They'd say that looks so easy & effortless! True that about Stewart. I guess I consider anyone who tops off what they can do in a certain year their coming out party.

I think Kane has a tonn of talent as well. I see his game peaking next yr once the some of the others come around. Bogosian is another who I think will bloosem; in another 2-3 yrs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Good list a good thread kel. I might argue that Duchene already broke out this past year, as he was by far the best player on the Avs and led them in scoring.  Good choice anyhow though, the kid is fantastic and is only gonna get better. All homer bias aside, I think Seguin has to be on the list. Other candidates not mentioned:  Colin Wilson, Jordan Eberle, Alex Pietrangelo, Stefan Elliot, Alex Burmistrov. Someone pull this thread back up in 5 months...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch; I wanna put Tyler on the list as well; however I'm trying not to because I don't wanna be disappointed. I think this is where CJ has to give the kid some slack & not pull on the reigns too hard. I think it's great that the B's are trying to teach him to play some defence; but I also think that there's gotta be a line drawn as to when to sit him & when to just let the kid play. It seemed at times last yr that if TS made a mistake. CJ made him sit for far too long; or complletely scratched him for it. Yet Ryder & even Lucic when he made bad turnovers got more leeway. The kid see's this happening & then that's when confidence starts to wane.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

outside of seguin i like these guys to breakout next season

1.bobby butler-Ottawa

2.mark letsetu-Pittsburgh

3.karl alzner-Washington

4.brayden schenn-Philadelphia

5.james reimer-Toronto

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Myers in Buffalo!  Revamped team to boot!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm with you on Eberle, Fletch and with Kev on Van Riemsdyk 1st line TOI will do him justice. T.J. Oshie is someone I think is going to bust out this year injury bug caught him last season.

John Taveres had 29 goals this past season but I seriously think he is going to bust 40+ so his inclusion might not qualify as "Breakout". Kris Krieder and Kyle Turris I am looking at as well to have good years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011-2012 My top 5 Breakout players. : He already broke out. Surpirsed you hadn't heard about it.
    Posted by habsno17[/QUOTE]

30-35 Next year could happen. That would be a breakout season

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

washington doesn't have "all the ingredients."

they don't have a number one d man. carlson still needs to prove to me that he is an above average number 2 d man. 
    they are over the cap
    they don't have good depth.
    semin is a HUGE question mark at a 6.7 cap  hit. 
    find me a big name clutch player on that team....i don't know of any.

they are built to finish first in the regular season, and get bounced out in one or two rounds, they aren't close.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]washington doesn't have "all the ingredients." they don't have a number one d man. carlson still needs to prove to me that he is an above average number 2 d man.  they are over the cap they don't have good depth. semin is a HUGE question mark at a 6.7 cap  hit.  find me a big name clutch player on that team....i don't know of any. they are built to finish first in the regular season, and get bounced out in one or two rounds, they aren't close.

See me between May - June & we'll see how close they are!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]washington doesn't have "all the ingredients." they don't have a number one d man. carlson still needs to prove to me that he is an above average number 2 d man.  they are over the cap they don't have good depth. semin is a HUGE question mark at a 6.7 cap  hit.  find me a big name clutch player on that team....i don't know of any. they are built to finish first in the regular season, and get bounced out in one or two rounds, they aren't close.

Really? Ovechkin

Hurt last season, but does anybody remember the Pittsburg - Washington playoff series from a couple years ago when Ovechkin and Crosby were taking turns winning games for their teams.  If you don't think he's a big name clutch player then I don't know who is

Sections
Shortcuts