2011-2012 My top 5 Breakout players.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: 2011-2012 My top 5 Breakout players.

Someone mentioned Jack Johnson, which I can't say I understand.. He's been in the league for a few now, and is solid defensively, but why kind of numbers would he need to put up to have a break out year? norris consideration? I can't see that..

I'll Throw Erik Johnson in the there though, promising kid, got hurt, never really recovered, was the center peice of a huge trade, should be the man in colorado..

Doughty as well may win his first Norris, I'd expect a rebound season from him, but hes already too establised (at 21) to really have a break out season..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Breakout storylines....

I honestly think Grabner can score 50. What a joy to watch this guy play.

Rene Bourque could go 40/40.

Hemsky will make everyone a believer. Not sure why he gets a bum wrap when all he does is put up stats.

On D, Shattenkirk and Clitsome come out of nowhere and make themselves known league-wide. These guys are good.

Hard to call it a "breakout", but Lundqvist is primed to have a season for the ages. We're talking 15-shutout type of season and GAA under 2.00.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

John Taveres. Tyler Seguin. Tyler Myers. Jimmy Van Riemsdyk. Someone none of us have heard of before.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Oh yeah, and TJ Oshie.  That guy is going to be awesome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: 2011-2012 My top 5 Breakout players.:
    [QUOTE]Oh yeah, and TJ Oshie.  That guy is going to be awesome.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about Oshie as well. Good call.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict El Nino at 25 goals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

ok book u asked for it. now i dont feel as bad cause there are some real winners in this bunch!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ha!  I didn't actually commit to my stupidity.  I'll come clean though - wouldn't have had Eberle to do this, wouldn't have had Kane to break just yet, would have had Ennis (I see that goal he had against the Shabs and am reminded why I thought that), would probably have agreed on C. Stewart.

But I owe asmaha an apology for asking you to resurrect this.  Oh NO!  With the exception of Lundqvist, who really doesn't count, that's a list of guys who have been huge disappointments after looking like they had broken out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Katy Perry

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]Ha!  I didn't actually commit to my stupidity.  I'll come clean though - wouldn't have had Eberle to do this, wouldn't have had Kane to break just yet, would have had Ennis (I see that goal he had against the Shabs and am reminded why I thought that), would probably have agreed on C. Stewart. But I owe asmaha an apology for asking you to resurrect this.  Oh NO!  With the exception of Lundqvist, who really doesn't count, that's a list of guys who have been huge disappointments after looking like they had broken out.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

haha book i was thinking the same thing!

"But I owe asmaha an apology for asking you to resurrect this.  Oh NO!  With the exception of Lundqvist, who really doesn't count, that's a list of guys who have been huge disappointments after looking like they had broken out."

rene bourque 40/40 haha! they would have loved that in montreal! whats it been 30 games with habs and 13 goals and 3 assists. ouch

grabner 50 goals? so far 69 games and 16 goals. he is going to need to go on a tear to make it!

clitsome and shattenkirk are good players though asmaha was on there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh yeah, I like Shattenkirk for what he is, and he's a key cog in St. Loo and their rise to the top of the league.  But he has, as of right now, at the same number of games as last year and he has six fewer points.  Now, you can't hold that against him, but it isn't a breakout.  Clitsome's a 5-6 D and he has as many points after playing 51 games this year as he had after 31 games last year.  Honest players, but no sign that they're about to be breakout stars.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh yeah, I also would have said van Riemsdyk would be better - though who knows what might have happened if he'd been healthy all year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]outside of seguin i like these guys to breakout next season 1.bobby butler-Ottawa 2.mark letsetu-Pittsburgh 3.karl alzner-Washington 4.brayden schenn-Philadelphia 5.james reimer-Toronto
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

OMG now that is funny LOL....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011-2012 My top 5 Breakout players. : OMG now that is funny LOL....
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

i knew u would get a kick out of it legion. could i have given those guys more of a curse. this is why im a mailman and not the gm of the boston bruins! talk about sophomore slumps wow!

its funny i only found my post and the thread for that matter because i wanted to post on the worst contracts thread. i did worst contracts thread like a year ago so i wanted to go back to it and find some good ones. while i was looking i found 5 breakout players! after i read it ,it was like a kick in the balls, but i had to rat myself out cause i have gone back and used other peoples post against them. whatever seguin was on there!!!