2011-2012 ticket prices

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

2011-2012 ticket prices

I was speaking with an agent from Ticketmaster this morning & they told me that some balcony seats are $185.00 per ticket & lodge seats were $325.00 per ticket for individual games. I had to ask him twice & he confirmed that seats in balcony 304 row 7 are $185.00 each & seats in lodge 19 row 11 are $325.00 each. Makes the tickets I got from Stub Hub for the first 2 games of the season look like a great deal. I was just wondering, does anyone know why the Bruins don't post the prices of individual game tickets on their website? They used to post a seating & pricing page on the site, but haven't seen it the last couple of years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ridley-. Show Ridley-'s posts

Re: 2011-2012 ticket prices

I paid $109 for tickets in balcony 307 for my game a month this year.

The same seats were $69 last year and $35 two years before that.

I'm caught between outrage that the prices are so predatory and soul-deep shame that I paid for them anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I got 4 tickets today for agains the habs in Montreal.
    I have a Monday game (40$) and a Saturday game (60$). Both are in the Molson X Zone. I am pretty happy about going to see the Bruins and cheering them in the Bell Centre. I'm also going to Ottawa to see them 3 times. Thats the best I can hope for living in Montreal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

hey JP,  I picked up loge8 tickets at approx 190.00 each for game 2 of the season.
    On ticketmaster there was a single seat available at 176.00. The other 4 bought on StubHub for 198.00 .
    We're all on the same row , pretty good.
    Not much of a difference between StubHub and Ticketmaster on allot of games.
    I wonder why ? Whomever is selling got them for cheaper than 176.00 ? otherwise making a profit of less than 30.00 does not make sense.
    Now I'll wait out opening night and see if I can catch a break.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to 2011-2012 ticket prices:
    [QUOTE]I was speaking with an agent from Ticketmaster this morning & they told me that some balcony seats are $185.00 per ticket & lodge seats were $325.00 per ticket for individual games. I had to ask him twice & he confirmed that seats in balcony 304 row 7 are $185.00 each & seats in lodge 19 row 11 are $325.00 each. Talk about a steep increase! Makes the tickets I got from Stub Hub for the first 2 games of the season look like a great deal. I was just wondering, does anyone know why the Bruins don't post the prices of individual game tickets on their website? They used to post a seating & pricing page on the site, but haven't seen it the last couple of years.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

The Ticketmaster agent was lying, was wrong, you heard it wrong, or you are lying.

Could be parts of all four, but no matter which it is, the quoted numbers are incorrect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: 2011-2012 ticket prices:
    [QUOTE]hey JP,  I picked up loge8 tickets at approx 190.00 each for game 2 of the season. On ticketmaster there was singe seat avaibale at 176.00. The other 4 bought on StubHub for 198.00 . We're all on the same row , pretty good. Not much of a difference between StubHub and Ticketmaster on allot of games. I wonder why ? Whomever is selling got them for cheaper than 176.00 ? otherwise making a profit of less than 30.00 does not make sense. Now I'll wait out opening night and see if I can catch a break.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    The guy I was speaking to could hardly speak english, so maybe he didn't know what he was talking about. I thoght those prices he gave me had to be a mistake. Anyway, I got lodge 20 seats for game 2 of the season for $130.00 on Stub Hub. We should get together for a beer or 2. I am also going to opening night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 2011-2012 ticket prices : The Ticketmaster agent was lying, was wrong, you heard it wrong, or you are lying. Could be parts of all four, but no matter which it is, the quoted numbers are incorrect.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Like I said, the guy could hardly speak english. I don't think he knew what he was talking about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I am coming to Boston from Vancouver to see two games this year so I depsperately needed 3 tickets to the game on Jan 10th vs. Winnipeg and 4 for the game on the 12th vs the Habs.  On the day of the presale I was on ticketmaster as soon as they went on sale and couldnt get anything for either game. The next day I was once again on ticketmasters site as soon as they went on sale to the public.  Ticketmaster offered 4 tickets to the Habs game for 130ish on the balcony.  I tried to buy them but was having credit card problems.  By the time I figured it out (aprox. 15 mins) it was sold out and all I could get for the Winnipeg game was tix for $155 on the balcony.  I ended up going to stubhub and got 4 tickets for the habs in row 7 of the balcony for $98 plus fees each and for winnipeg I got row 20 bottom deck in the corner for $77 each plus fees.  Basically stub hub won this round vs ticketmaster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Yikes, If stub hub is the lowest prices around, we are all in trouble.  It won't be long before they ensure they are equal to or x % higher than ticket master.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

There are also tickets on ebay.  Worth looking at IMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Yikes, If stub hub is the lowest prices around, we are all in trouble.  It won't be long before they ensure they are equal to or x % higher than ticket master.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

They're not lower but almost equal in value as ticketmaster.
    Actually they did drop as some of you were saying they would on StubHub.  2months ago or so opening night balcony seats centered I saw at 500.00 a piece. Now's they're about 250.00.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Tickets are mostly unavailable because scalpers (regular guys and the pros at Ace etc) bought very large quantities of season tickets in an effort to cash in on us.

If you go to Stubhub, Ebay, and Craigslist, you'll see them DYING to dump many games for below face value.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ridley-. Show Ridley-'s posts

I'm not sure Ticketmaster was mistaken. I called the Bruins directly for my seats - I have to, since I need wheelchair seats - and I paid $109.50 for balcony 307 for most of my games. The Devils were "only" $95. The same seats were $70 last year.

I asked about opening night, but they wanted $325.50 per ticket.

The price hike *is* that bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clyde-Fitch. Show Clyde-Fitch's posts

With the increase in the box office price, most regular season ticket holders can "dump" tickets for less than Box Office price and still make a profit.  My "hungry for hockey" BAL 327  tickets cost me $48 each to renew(in March).  If anyone buys a ten pack this year it will cost $89 at the box office (you are talking a few more rows back too).  I'll tell, you it will not be hard for people to sell on the secondary market this year.  The Bruins will not have a problem selling out either, because we all notice how many more "Fans" we run into these days.  And alot of those people became season ticket holders in the playoffs to get garenteed tickets for the cup run.

[QUOTE]Tickets are mostly unavailable because scalpers (regular guys and the pros at Ace etc) bought very large quantities of season tickets in an effort to cash in on us. If you go to Stubhub, Ebay, and Craigslist, you'll see them DYING to dump many games for below face value.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts