2011 IIHF World Junior Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships

Congrats to our northern friends.  I'm swigging my maple syrup as promised.

But, not one of you has had the decency to tell me what ketchup chips are...?

Don't know about donairs either.  Sounds like a frenchie spin on a donut.

Do they have these things at Tim Hoton's?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LMAO Fletcher.  Ketchup chips are not that good.  It's flavored ketchup on chips. Kind of sweet.
    There's a revoltion with chips in Canada, now the brand name "Presidents Choice" has flavours like,  PIRI PIRI or SZECHUAN or BBQ SOUTH WEST RIBS or SICILIAN LEMON CHICKEN and last but not least ALL DRESSED PIZZA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

and a donair is very similar to a gyro but with a sweet sauce. 
    and no you cant get them at Timmys...yet...

i remember when hostess made chips.  ketchup were my favorite.  ketchup chips and bottle of coke.  ever better.popshop pop.  black cherry....ahhh the good old days

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Congrats, Northern friends. I'll have to remember last year all the more fondly ;)  Well earned...you fellers looked great, now go beat those Ruskies.

That Connolly/Howden goal was wayyy pretty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships:
    LMAO Fletcher.  Ketchup chips are not that good.  It's flavored ketchup on chips. Kind of sweet. There's a revoltion with chips in Canada, now the brand name "Presidents Choice" has flavours like,  PIRI PIRI or SZECHUAN or BBQ SOUTH WEST RIBS or SICILIAN LEMON CHICKEN and last but not least ALL DRESSED PIZZA
    Posted by BsLegion

Oh God, I had those for the first time when I was back home for Christmas. My favourite was "Greek Salad." Amazing.

And a Donair was actually brought to Canada by soldiers returning from Cyprus. Basically a flatbred wrap with slow spit roasted beef/pork with a light version of tsaziki sauce and veggies. Almost as good as poutine.

And Congrats Boys - I'm hoping we can pull in all four major  IIHF championships this year - men's, junior, women's and women's U18 to go with the two Olympic golds

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

LMAO Fletcher.  Ketchup chips are not that good.  It's flavored ketchup on chips. Kind of sweet. There's a revoltion with chips in Canada, now the brand name "Presidents Choice" has flavours like,  PIRI PIRI or SZECHUAN or BBQ SOUTH WEST RIBS or SICILIAN LEMON CHICKEN and last but not least ALL DRESSED PIZZA
    Posted by BsLegion

Thanks Legion, I'll keep my eyes open for what sounds like a renaissance period in the chip industry...I always thought chips were a vegetarian snack...I hope they taste better than they sound...

Those donairs on the other hand sound quite tasty.

Have we strayed too far from hockey here?  Sorry.  The great thing about the WJC is that you don't have to wait four years for another shot (as the Canadians were able to get their revenge in a tidy 12 months -- hope we can do the same...). 

Go beat the Rushkies!  If they play with the same smothering forecheck the Russians won't have a chance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tonights Gold Medal game is gonna be a good one as the US is trying to hang on for the Bronze 3-2 over the Swedes five minutes left in the 3rd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

US beats Swedes, Good show thanks alot. Class act all the way around including there fans. Wish you where in the finals, it would have been great to see the 2 best teams playing for gold.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I am completely speechless. What a collapse.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Oh my God.  Shocking.  My sympathies to our Canadian friends.  And, I suppose, congrats to any Russian friends here...?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

I don't know why but part of me wanted the Russians.  I honestly can say why.

But, wow, what a collapse or comeback

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

First my bruins suffer the worst collapse in NHL playoff history, and now my Canadian Jr's with the worst collapse (for gold) in tournament history.

It's been a real tough year, but my loyalty to both will not waiver.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pauly,

Crosby Scores the Golden Goal.  Thats all you need bud. 
    In regards to the game.  Think of all the chances when it was 3-0. Posts, clear cut chances.  Could have been over at that point.  I have never seen a team with a 3-0 lead in the 3rd in front of 18000 fans look like they were running in sand.  It looked like Canada just completely forgot how to play the game. 

WJ mean Christmas to me.  Its a hueg tradition now and a great tourny that brings everyone in the hockey world to the tube.  Congrats to a Russian team that never quit.  I wont watch Sportsdesk tonight.  I dont wanna hear the excuses. 5 goals in 20 minutes.  For a gold medal.  They got out coached adn out played badly in the 3rd.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Russia definitely deserved this one, but this loss will be dissected ad nauseum by the Canadian media.

I think that I look forward to the IIHF WJC more than the NHL playoffs.

Great tournament -- great hockey.

Bunch of kids playing for the love of country.

But once the CoTU Leaf media get their grubby paws into anything, they cheapen it.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

Watching the WJC is amazing hockey every play is intense I wish every NHL game was like it.

I watched the game today in Nova Scotia in a University (college) town It was an amazing game to watch and even the crowded... ba$tard all made fun of me for US winning the bronze today

all in all great hockey wish NHL was half as passionate hockey

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

STFX,

Been to Antigonish many times.  Great school.  The Wheel could be the best pizza in the province. 

I think Canadians would watch Atom Hockey if it were on TV.  But teh following is amazing.  They have already sold out of tickets for next yrs event and they have a draw they are doing that was so overwhelmed by people that they extended the draw date by a day.

It was a good tourny.  I didnt think they would beat the US or Sweds.  And then those pesty russians come in and steal the thunder.  And I agree with RMiller. The Canadian Media will destroy the entire point of the tourny.  Kids having fun playing a game they love in a huge stage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Kinda reminds me of a Bruins-Montreal playoff game...71 maybe?  B's up 5-1 going into the third, if my memory is correct, and lose 7-5.  Think there's another one in there too, that I'd just as soon forget... happenned a little more recently.
    Canada really lost their game in the third, when they chose not to do what made them absolutely dominant over their last 5 periods.  It's so much worse losing that way.
    Gotta give the Russians full marks though.  What they overcame throughout the tournament is amazing.  Congrats to them.  They're resilience reminds me of Team Canada 72.  The most entertaining, riveting, dramatic, passionate sporting event I've ever seen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

That 1971 Bruins-Habs series was definitely one for the ages.

How the Habs upset the heavily favoured Bruins in that series, I'll never know. 

The Old Montreal Forum seemed to have a mystique about it that sometimes could intimidate the opposition that the Habs' current arena just doesn't seem to have.  Dryden was pretty amazing in that series as well, of course.

I see that the proposals for Royal Commissions to study how Canada lost last night's game against the Russians have already started in the Canadian media.  Look for the media circus fall out looking for explanations in Canada to go on for awhile.

Have to feel a bit bad for the Canadians kids with the pressures that the media places on them at so young an age, but they'll grow and be stronger for it in the end.

Lots of Bluenosers on here today, I see.

Carry on, gents ! 

Slainte Mhath

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

They just stopped hitting everything in site, like they did for the first 2 periods last night, and the last 3 against the US. Yes, give credit where due, but if they continue to play tough hockey, not likely the Ruskies get back into this one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Not to have sour grapes. I think the turn around of the game was when Canada stopped winning the board battles in the offensive zone. Gotta hand it to the Ruskie's they never quit & for that Russian goalie to come in & play the way he did was awesome. Talk about a confidence boost for him, especailly after losing his starting job on his CHL team & then his Int'l team in the same year.

I do have a problem with Vladimir Tarasenko though & any other players who do the same no matter where they're from. To lie on the ice & not move, hold up the game, bring the trainer out & basically get a free time out. Ryan Ellis didn't do it. He got up after what was a brutal collison on the boards & stayed out there until the puck cleared Canada's zone.

IMO. I think that if you're that hurt that you need the trainer to come out. There should be a rule that you can't play for at least the rest of the period. If there's less than 10 min left, then it's added to the next period. If it's the 3rd period? It includes OT, or he can't participate in a SO.

It pisses me off to no end when someone does this. OK, lets say Tarasenko got his bell rung & couldn't move. Well, there's a good possibility he has a concussion right? So, if it's that serious that you need to hold up the game, it's serious enough that maybe you need to sit to make sure everything checks out.

You see players pulling the Riberio stunt all the time & it's not right. It's a dirty way to help try & gain some momentum. If you're hurt, you're hurt. Get off & STAY OFF!

I bet anyone a dime to a dollar that if they brought in some kind of rule in for what I'm saying. You wouldn't see this happening. It would be for "real hurts"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Can't wait to hear the Grapes, Marek and Scotty Laughlin excuses LoL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Can't wait to hear the Grapes, Marek and Scotty Laughlin excuses LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

It might be an excuse Sandog, but it's a valid one! You remember Riberio San. The SOB got another goal & assist that night after he pulled that stunt. Vladimir Tarasenko ended up getting the tying goal & assisted on the game winner last night! It's pathetic to fake injuries! Now it's like part of a teams strategy to pull  this to help a team that's against the ropes to re-group. Is that what they're teaching in hockey schools now?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

All I've got to say is Russia won!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

C'mon nightmare...

I mean, I agree about faking injuries and the main reason I won't watch much soccer is because of seeing grown men writhe in agony every five minutes because they get bumped, only to jump up and continue playing...

But really, that had no effect on what happened last night.  I didn't think it was a big deal for the game.  You may not like Tarasenko for it, but it's no excuse for the Canadian players, and I haven't heard one of them try to make any excuses, to their credit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

That 1971 Bruins-Habs series was definitely one for the ages. How the Habs upset the heavily favoured Bruins in that series, I'll never know.  The Old Montreal Forum seemed to have a mystique about it that sometimes could intimidate the opposition that the Habs' current arena just doesn't seem to have.  Dryden was pretty amazing in that series as well, of course. I see that the proposals for Royal Commissions to study how Canada lost last night's game against the Russians have already started in the Canadian media.  Look for the media circus fall out looking for explanations in Canada to go on for awhile. Have to feel a bit bad for the Canadians kids with the pressures that the media places on them at so young an age, but they'll grow and be stronger for it in the end. Lots of Bluenosers on here today, I see. Carry on, gents !  Slainte Mhath
    Posted by RMiller87

A bunch of bluenosers and one liar.

Sections
Shortcuts