2011 IIHF World Junior Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships

Splurged the other day and added the NHL Network to my cable.  I am psyched to see excellent hockey and the prospects.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Canada thumps Russia 6-3 in opener.

Here's to hopeing for a Canada USA final, keep Gold and silver in North America where they belong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships:
    In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships : Yah kinda bummed about no Bs prospects as well and you remember my clowning on this board last winter LoL! Go USA!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Any Bruins prospects in the tournament at all?I was too lazy to check out all of the rosters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships : Any Bruins prospects in the tournament at all?I was too lazy to check out all of the rosters.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I don't think there is any and I emailed Matt Kalman he doesn't think there are any either.

US got into a good game against a very good Finnish team. US won it in overtime but were given all kinds of trouble. Remember these two names Joni Ortio Goalie in Calgary's system he was on Fiyah and a big thumper who injured two US players Canadien property Joonas Nättinen.

Sometimes winning ugly against a team you were supposed to blow out early in a tournament is sometimes a good thing no more complacency.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

USA will be just fine, way to much talent there. IMO this is just a little burp on there way to a shot in the gold medal game.

Who knows I might even be cheering for them in that game, depending who there opponent is of course LOL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

It's almost saddening to me to see such little interest in this tourny in the US.
    They are the favourites for good reason, (top notch hockey team). I don't get it.
    This thread gets almost no reply as the tourny goes on. So sad.

In canada win or lose our culture revolves around this at christmas time.

This tourny is held in buffalo for a reason, Canadian participaction.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thank you NHL Network or I would see nothing.

"Updating an earlier report, U.S. National Junior Team forwards Brock Nelson and Jeremy Morin were on the ice for the team picture Monday, but immediately left prior to the start of practice.

No one from USA Hockey would provide an update on the injuries, although TSN reported that both players are considered day-to-day with upper-body ailments."

Not good if these two can't make it to the medal rounds...Frown

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Thanks sandog, you for one does give a sh-t.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Pauly, It will pick up as the tourney goes on me thinks posters are still on holiday mode.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships : I don't think there is any and I emailed Matt Kalman he doesn't think there are any either. US got into a good game against a very good Finnish team. US won it in overtime but were given all kinds of trouble. Remember these two names Joni Ortio Goalie in Calgary's system he was on Fiyah and a big thumper who injured two US players Canadien property Joonas Nättinen. Sometimes winning ugly against a team you were supposed to blow out early in a tournament is sometimes a good thing no more complacency.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Thanks for the update.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Point taken, (dog) but where i live every game is of big time importance.

Go north america!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

with leafs been pathetic again watchin cotourier closeley on canada
    Posted by bruinscam

I'd give anything for Couturier to somehow end up on the Bruins on draft day. He's better suited for CJ's style of play than Seguin is. Couturier is bigger, more of a playmaker and is much better defensively. Seguin has more speed, and is a better goal scorer. Couturier is a blend of Joe Thornton and Jordan Staal (in terms of his game/physical makeup).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Looking forward to seeing Sweden and Adam Larsson again.
    Posted by mattymcgee55

Ahh yes. It'd be nice to see Landeskog too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thanks sandog, you for one does give a sh-t.
    Posted by pauly1

Pauly, I play hockey in a men's league in Denver and would say that two-thirds of the guys I play with will be watching this tourney closely.  With the first couple of games being right in the middle of holiday travel people are quiet right now, but it will pick up.  I agree that the US should be more interested, but I also don't really care as long as there is some US fan support there in Buffalo.  

I love this tournament though.

I thought maybe Chudinov would be playing for Russia, no?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships : Pauly, I play hockey in a men's league in Denver and would say that two-thirds of the guys I play with will be watching this tourney closely.  With the first couple of games being right in the middle of holiday travel people are quiet right now, but it will pick up.  I agree that the US should be more interested, but I also don't really care as long as there is some US fan support there in Buffalo.   I love this tournament though. I thought maybe Chudinov would be playing for Russia, no?
    Posted by Fletcher1
    Thanks fletch, A canada US final would be great, unless a red hot goalie wants to ruin that for us (and it could happen in a 1 game elimination).
    I just picked up my 50" plasma today, go north america (canada first) of course HAHA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Next year's WJHC already sold out in Edmonton and Calgary. Is there any question how much some Canadians love their junior hockey, especially this tournament ?

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/12/27/16685946.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When the WJC is in North America they were saying Versus that Canadians buy up like 2/3s of the tickets. Good on them and TSN whom have done a great job of really propping this tournament up like they have.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This coming from Bob MacKenzie via twitter:

Gabriel Landeskog will not play for SWE tonight vs. RUS. Hurt his ankle in last OHL game and it's getting worse. Getting an MRI.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Watching Canada destroy the Czech's.. Brutal call on Kassian for a good hit on the Czech player, got a 5 minute and game misconduct and now subject to game suspension..Hopefully when they review the game film they will clearly see that it was shoulder, no elbows , to the middle of the chest and the player went down.. I think some of these IIHF rules border on ridiculous.. Just heard that if you hit a player and his head hits the ice it is regarded as a hit to the head and subject to a game misconduct and suspension.. WHAT!!!!

Expected a much better showing from the Czech's today for sure.. Looks like a Canada/ US final for the grudge match..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

US with the route tonight they needed that with the loss of two key players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Canada and US both crush there opponents today, and the bruins win while leafs and habs lose.
    Everything is good in the hockey world today.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Here's a little bit of (useless ?) info from my local paper I'd like to pass along in regards to the WJHC held in Buffalo.

Traffic for Sunday's game to cross the 3 bridges was a 2 - 2 1/2 hour wait just to cross into the U.S. Then there was the traffic to deal with in and around the arena on top of that . The lineup stretched up to 4 kms. long at the Peace Bridge . Besides the hockey , the Buffalo Bills had a home game and there were Boxing day deals which brought out the shoppers.

This morning I went to Buffalo. I arrived at the Bridge and 10 minutes later I was passing by the HSBC arena.

Once they got to the HSBC they had another surprise . The parking lots around the arena which normally charge $10-15 were charging $60-70 . Apparently they were jacking their prices up just for the Canada game because of the amount of people that would be attending. As these people came out to their cars to leave the price had gone back down to normal prices for the later game.

It would have been nice to attend these games but after reading this I'm happy with the remote in my hand instead.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Watching Canada destroy the Czech's.. Brutal call on Kassian for a good hit on the Czech player, got a 5 minute and game misconduct and now subject to game suspension..Hopefully when they review the game film they will clearly see that it was shoulder, no elbows , to the middle of the chest and the player went down.. I think some of these IIHF rules border on ridiculous.. Just heard that if you hit a player and his head hits the ice it is regarded as a hit to the head and subject to a game misconduct and suspension.. WHAT!!!! Expected a much better showing from the Czech's today for sure.. Looks like a Canada/ US final for the grudge match..
    Posted by cowboys9

So he got 2 games ?  Did I miss something here ?

Canadian forward Zack Kassian was assessed a further one game suspension by the IIHF for his hit to the head and neck area on Czech forward Petr Senkerik. The additional game was handed out by Dan Marouelli, the IIHF`s appointed Disciplinary Single Judge.

In making his assessment, Marouelli analyzed the play on DVD from every available angle. As well, he examined the medial reports, discussed the play with on-ice officials, and met with the referee supervisor.

Marouelli affirmed that the on-ice officials followed correct protocol by discussing the incident while Senkerik was being treated on ice by doctors. It was after this discussion that the referees decided to assess a five-minute major and match penalty.

The IIHF has very specific rules regarding dangerous hits. These are not limited just to the head but to the neck area as well, which is defined by that part of the body above the collarbone and shoulder pads (i.e., unprotected areas).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

People leave their cars unsupervised in Buffalo?  That's not safety.  Patrick Kane might think it's a cab.

Fletch, Chudinov's too old.  He was already 20 when they drafted him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

US and Canada crushing their opponents that head on collision will more than likely happen. The Swedes should give the Canadians a test tomorrow but nothing more. Don't really want the US to face Finland in the elimination round they are tough to play against.

Sections
Shortcuts