2011 IIHF World Junior Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships

close to what I said a few nights ago, Canada and the US thump there opponents in there last starts, while the bruins get a point against a hot goalie and go into the new year 9 games above 500, and the leafs and habs lose again. I'll take it!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=547947

Looking forward to today's games Canada-Sweden then US-Swiss tonight. This will be Canada's first real test I believe and both games should not be overlooked.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Legion - yeah, there's an angle where you can see that Kassian's shoulder clearly clips the bottom of Senkerik's chin.  Not flush, but enough, and certainly enough to contribute to the whiplash he probably suffered.

Wonder how Kassian will do in Buffalo.  He should get a shot next year on a thin, small team.  My guess, though, is he turns into a Rasmussen - lots of sandpaper leaves the finish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships:
                       http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=547947 Looking forward to today's games Canada-Sweden then US-Swiss tonight. This will be Canada's first real test I believe and both games should not be overlooked.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin
    so your saying the rushins where not a real test????l, Canada plays a top contender again tonight (no free passes in this division). Enjoy your swiss cheese

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships : so your saying the rushins where not a real test????l, Canada plays a top contender again tonight (no free passes in this division). Enjoy your swiss cheese .Posted by pauly1

What's a Rushin Pauly ? Hee Hee I know but Canada has had the Russians number in international play recently. Doesn't the previous years winners get the better draw the next year usually ? Yes I will enjoy my Swiss cheese!

Sweden-Canada 1-1 in the first real competitive game so far. Up n down it goes the Red and White starting to get real physical and that is why they have dominated this tournament over recent years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Marcus Foligno and Zach Kassian both Buffalo draft picks. A couple of hard hitting forwards in the future for them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships : What's a Rushin Pauly ? Hee Hee I know but Canada has had the Russians number in international play recently. Doesn't the previous years winners get the better draw the next year usually ? Yes I will enjoy my Swiss cheese! Sweden-Canada 1-1 in the first real competitive game so far. Up n down it goes the Red and White starting to get real physical and that is why they have dominated this tournament over recent years.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin
    spelling B time is it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I can see very little possibility of a canadian gold medal with there shoddy goaltending.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No spelling B Pauly (I dislike spell checkers on this site as well) just poking a little fun on this great day off from work. I really enjoy these WJC games this easily the best game I've watched in the tourney so far.

Its' the future of the NHL watching a QMJHL, OHL, WHL and Swedish Elite league all star game but they are playing for their country's so it's more intense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

SanDog agreed.. Canada /Sweden game by far best of the tourney..Amazing no penalties called on Sweden yet going into the 3rd.. Canada goalie lets in some bad goals, should have been pulled.. Braydon Schenn , man of the tourney so far.. LA has a really good one there...Sweden , playing with a little more grit than I have seen in years.. some big boys on that team.. and maybe Larrson lands in Bruins pocket for the draft..Man, how good would that be..

Have not been impressed with Coutourier so far and he is the #1 ranked Jr?...Seems to have a bit of Joe Thorton in him , and not the good Joe if you know what I mean..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

SanDog agreed.. Canada /Sweden game by far best of the tourney..Amazing no penalties called on Sweden yet going into the 3rd.. Canada goalie lets in some bad goals, should have been pulled.. Braydon Schenn , man of the tourney so far.. LA has a really good one there...Sweden , playing with a little more grit than I have seen in years.. some big boys on that team.. and maybe Larrson lands in Bruins pocket for the draft..Man, how good would that be.. Have not been impressed with Coutourier so far and he is the #1 ranked Jr?...Seems to have a bit of Joe Thorton in him , and not the good Joe if you know what I mean..
    Posted by cowboys9

Couturier is the most talented player in this draft class as of today, and there is a 99.99% chance he will remain so on the day of the draft. If we get the #1 pick, we'd be pretty stupid not to select him.

I disagree, he's not afraid to get physical and has leveled atleast 5 different player into the boards battling for loose pucks. He has a goal, and has made quite a few crisp passes. He's way ahead of most forwards that have been drafted high in the past few years when it comes to the defensive part of his game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Coutourier is awesome in every aspect of the game and as I'm typing Sweden ties it up 5-5 wow. Hate agreeing with Pierre McGuire but Canada must get better goaltending as the tourney goes on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Agreed ! Coutourier is one of the better forwards for Canada . Big bodied player who uses it to shield the puck .

Mark Visentin from the Niagara Ice Dogs ,one of the best goalies in the OHL might get the nod for Canada's next game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

He is 1 year (draft-wise) younger than anyone else on the team, I believe.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Coutourier is awesome in every aspect of the game and as I'm typing Sweden ties it up 5-5 wow. Hate agreeing with Pierre McGuire but Canada must get better goaltending as the tourney goes on.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Wasn't saying that he  is not a good player, nor a worthy draft pick , but at this tournament it is about making a statement , to me he hasn't made one yet and hasn't been the reason Canada is winning games.. What did he have 2 pts coming into this game? Sorry, but this team needs more out of him if they are going to challenge for gold, which right now looks highly doubtful..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Canada will be lucky to win a medal with this shoddy goaltending.  Going down wayyyyyy too early. Giving up far too many rebounds on shots that are very controllable. Roy has to bring his A game & he hasn't shown it yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

`That could the worst goaltending performance in canadian jr. history

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships : Wasn't saying that he  is not a good player, nor a worthy draft pick , but at this tournament it is about making a statement , to me he hasn't made one yet and hasn't been the reason Canada is winning games.. What did he have 2 pts coming into this game? Sorry, but this team needs more out of him if they are going to challenge for gold, which right now looks highly doubtful..
    Posted by cowboys9

Canada needs better goaltending if they are to challenge for gold . It has nothing to do with Coutourier. He is playing fine for a 17 year old at this tournament which consists of mainly older players. 17 year olds are not expected to be the reason why any team should be winning at the WJHC . Anyone who has followed this tournament would know this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Mark Visentin from the Niagara Ice Dogs ,one of the best goalies in the OHL might get the nod for Canada's next game.

I will be totally shocked if the French Canadian Coach does this. Not saying he shouldn't. Just saying I'll be shocked.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Coach is Dave Cameron of the Mississagua Majors (I refuse to add the St. Mikes part now that they don't play anywhere near St. Michael's).  He coaches against Visentin repeatedly during the year, so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes with the OHL goalie. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

As much as I enjoy the USA-Canada finals, is was really nice to see some parity in the tournament last night.  With Swedan winning and the Swiss giving the US all you could handle, it is a reminder that both the US and Canada should be very fortunate to make the title game.  The Finns and Russians are looking good too, and it makes this tournament much more interesting.

Anyone heard if Zucker will be back for the US?  He was one of their best players so far.  It will be a shame if that hideous cheapshot from the Slovak player knocks him out of the whole tournament (and perhaps his season in Denver).  That hit was Cormier-esce...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Coach is Dave Cameron of the Mississagua Majors (I refuse to add the St. Mikes part now that they don't play anywhere near St. Michael's).  He coaches against Visentin repeatedly during the year, so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes with the OHL goalie. 
    Posted by Bookboy007

Cameron also cut his own goalie J.P.Anderson who is having a great year for the St. Mikes Majors ( I won't refuse as it's easier to spell then Missssasssssssa......) from Team Canada. Visentin plays for the Ice Dogs , the team I root for . He has the capabilities of stealing games . 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Wow! Some team is gonna be lucky to draft Swiss goale Ben Conz! What a tourney the kid had. Hopefully, CJ doesn't get a hold of him.! Laughing BAWHAAAA! Had to say it!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Canada defeats swiss 4-1 and play USA tomorrow in the semi's.

My heart is with canada, but if I had to bet my money would be on Jack Campbell. The Canadian goaltenders have been weak at best.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Ya pauly I'd have to agree . I've watched Visentin ( arena's 15 minutes away ) on a regular basis for the last two years and he has been calm , cool and composed . Good looking young goalie ! Today he was stumbling , bumbling and fumbling . He must be nervous as hell ! That wasn't the goalie I'm accustomed to seeing.

Sections
Shortcuts