2011 IIHF World Junior Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships:
    [QUOTE]Mark Visentin from the Niagara Ice Dogs ,one of the best goalies in the OHL might get the nod for Canada's next game. I will be totally shocked if the French Canadian Coach does this. Not saying he shouldn't. Just saying I'll be shocked .
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

38 , hope everything is ok.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships : Wasn't saying that he  is not a good player, nor a worthy draft pick , but at this tournament it is about making a statement , to me he hasn't made one yet and hasn't been the reason Canada is winning games.. What did he have 2 pts coming into this game?
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Not arguing with you just think he is awesome as sometimes great players get shut down during short tournament which has happened a little this year agreed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kinda bummed that the US and Canada are meeting in the semis but that's how it goes. If the US plays like they did against the Swiss Canada will walk all over them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Kinda bummed that the US and Canada are meeting in the semis but that's how it goes. If the US plays like they did against the Swiss Canada will walk all over them.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE] Don't worry about that dog, I for one will be very surprised if one of these teams do not show up tomorrow.

The only thing I know for sure is the winner of that game will be the team I'm cheering for in the final. 

Gold = winner
    anything else = loser

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dont like Canada's chances.  In one game anything can happen but the Canadian Defense is slow-American fwds fast.  Not good.  Canadian goaltending very poor.  Even in a 4-1 win our goalie looked very shakey.  We are lucky the PP was cooking. 

Bring on the US.  And whoever wins that I hope they pound teh Swedes and shut their coach up. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]I dont like Canada's chances.  In one game anything can happen but the Canadian Defense is slow-American fwds fast.  Not good.  Canadian goaltending very poor.  Even in a 4-1 win our goalie looked very shakey.  We are lucky the PP was cooking.  Bring on the US.  And whoever wins that I hope they pound teh Swedes and shut their coach up. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE] Can't agree with you on our blueline, I've watched all there games and they look real solid to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Let's face it -- one game between these two could easily go either way.  There is no favorite.  Hussle plays, bounces, calls, and plain luck could easily determine one game between two matched rivals.

Go USA!  And a tip of the hat to our good friends up north as this will be fun for everyone. 

If Canada wins I will drown my sorrows with a bottle of maple syrup to show my respect...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pauly,

they were exposed by sweden and every team has grabbed early leads.  i realize its a team game but they need to play better.  ellis is a great puck mover and skater...but we have some lumbering big guys out there and the swedes made them look very bad.  watch some of the goals from that game

lets hope we get a solid effort in net...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

38 , hope everything is ok.

Yea, I'm fine. I was given wrong info by a friend about Cameron. Said he was French Canadian. He's not, so my rant/comment was needless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Let's face it -- one game between these two could easily go either way.  There is no favorite.  Hussle plays, bounces, calls, and plain luck could easily determine one game between two matched rivals. Go USA!  And a tip of the hat to our good friends up north as this will be fun for everyone.  If Canada wins I will drown my sorrows with a bottle of maple syrup to show my respect...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    We make good canadian whiskey too but whatever turns your crank.Good luck to the USA but Let's Go CANADA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Hey Dez you forgot to tell Fletch to have a bag of Ketchup chips too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Maple syrup is the only thing I have in the house, although I suppose some Molsons would be easy to pick up.

What on earth are ketchup chips???  Sounds kind of scary...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Go USA!  And a tip of the hat to our good friends up north as this will be fun for everyone.  If Canada wins I will drown my sorrows with a bottle of maple syrup to show my respect...Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Well I do that every morning while drowning my pancakes so Molson's it is. It will be interesting to see what the overnight ratings in the Toronto area will be for which game was more watched US-Canada semifinal or Leafs-Bruins....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Keiths Beer and Smarties as well.  Ketchup Chips are excellent. 
    Dez, don't forget donairs. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

anywhere to watch this besides the NHL network?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]pauly, they were exposed by sweden and every team has grabbed early leads.  i realize its a team game but they need to play better.  ellis is a great puck mover and skater...but we have some lumbering big guys out there and the swedes made them look very bad.  watch some of the goals from that game lets hope we get a solid effort in net...
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]At least 3 of those goals where routine saves for an average goalie. Give us those back and the game takes on a hole new complexion and the defense looks pretty good.
    When the goaltending is that bad it has a negative trickle down effect on everything your trying to do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Keiths Beer and Smarties as well.  Ketchup Chips are excellent.  Dez, don't forget donairs. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Even Canadians outside of the  maritimes may not know about the awesomeness of donairs.I didn't realize Americans didn't have ketchup chips.......bunch of savages.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

they don't have smarties either...

and yes donairs could be the best drunk food ever. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]they don't have smarties either... and yes donairs could be the best drunk food ever. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    It's right up there.You can still taste it days later......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dislike the Swedes.  Winner of the Canada/US game better pound those cock-y Swedes

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ahhhh...I love when I put my foot in my mouth.  feels so good.  Hey Sweden.  Hope you enjoyed the victory over Canada.  But as the Soup Nazi once said.
    "No GOLD MEDAL FOR YOU!  NEXT!!!"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Ahhhh...I love when I put my foot in my mouth.  feels so good.  Hey Sweden.  Hope you enjoyed the victory over Canada.  But as the Soup Nazi once said. "No GOLD MEDAL FOR YOU!  NEXT!!!"
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]  good one, LOL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]Let's face it -- one game between these two could easily go either way.  There is no favorite.  Hussle plays, bounces, calls, and plain luck could easily determine one game between two matched rivals. Go USA!  And a tip of the hat to our good friends up north as this will be fun for everyone.  If Canada wins I will drown my sorrows with a bottle of maple syrup to show my respect...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Mix it with CC(Canadian Club) ...  It is truly medicinal!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What did Jeremy Roenick say after the 2002 Olympic Gold Medal Game ? "The Canadians skated through us, around us, by us...." something like that carbon copy tonight.

The Red n White have not let anybody by them, clogged up all shooting lanes and have controlled the play from beginning to end. I won't make any Jeff Marek or Don Cherry cry baby excuses Canada with a well deserved big time win! Hope they get the gold!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nice game !  even though 4-1 some good back and forth hockey.
    I just wish Canada would have played the Swedes after those remarks from their coach.  They're now crying they lost in SO. 
    Swedes get the " Cry Baby " award of the WJC this year.

p.s. Fletch , no ketchup chips ?  Give the man a bottle of Crown Royal

Sections
Shortcuts