2011 IIHF World Junior Championships

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships :  Is that what they're teaching in hockey schools now? Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Probably in the hockey schools of Russia and probably have been for a long time. I didn't come here and make excuses when the US got smoked by Canada. I expect the same from the Canadian hockey media.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They say a mouse only requires a hole the size of your thumbnail to squeeze into your house, your cupboard, basically wherever it wants.  Russian hockey players are like mice.  If you stay on them, you can shut them down (no trap jokes please) but if you give them that little bit of space, they have the speed and shiftiness - and strength - to make you pay.  Canada got behind the play, they didn't close out the Russians' space quickly enough, and then they were forever backing up.  McKenzie called it "all the wheels on the bus coming off at the same time", but I think it was more than dime-sized hole for that first mouse to squeak in an ruin everything.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

But really, that had no effect on what happened last night.  I didn't think it was a big deal for the game.  You may not like Tarasenko for it, but it's no excuse for the Canadian players, and I haven't heard one of them try to make any excuses, to their credit.

It does have an effect when the player who fakes the injury is on the tying & winning goal. All I'm saying is when Canada got the lead against the US. You didn't see any US players lying on the ice! They still continued to get up from hits & hit back.

It's a weasal way to try & gain something that you're not doing. I said earlier the difference in the game is that Canada stopped winning the board battles. That's what their game plan was all tournament, because they knew skill wise & experience wise they were the underdogs. They played it perfectly for 40 min. That's what the main difference in the game was. However, this isn't the first time that a team utilizes this as some sort strategy to help change the momenteum.

You know how we sometimes see teams have their back against the wall? They already used their timeout or don't want to waste it early, so they'll change goalies for a shift, or take their time coming out with a line change, goalie has a convenient equipment issue? That's one thing & I've been penalized for actually putting a big chunk around my net, so the linesman would have to take time to fix it. Those are tatics that have been used for decades & it's a sneaky way of doing things, but it's NOT a posseum way. This pretending your injured is so unCanadian & unAmerican & it's like your making a farce of the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Nitemare, I think your trying to make something that really wasn't there.. If you saw the player, he could barely stand on his feet and had to be carried out by two guys .. He kept falling to the ice as he could not stand up... I doubt he was faking injury as you say to delay momentum.... You have no idea what that kid is feeling at that precise moment,,.. He did take a knee and boot to the head at high speed.. I don't know about you , but that probably hurt.. He's also lucky he didn't get decapitated as he fell kind of awkwardly in front of oncoming player..

So he recovered in the 15 minutes intermission, no great surprise.. medicine has come along way.. He could have taken a shot, whatever , or he could have played thru pain...

That is not the reason why Canada lost.. There was warning signs all over the second period, especially when Canada's PP went 0 fer 3 and had been dynamite thru out the whole tourney.. Actually Russia had better chances on those PP's and I think they fed off that.. Russian coach said today " I told my team all we needed was one goal in the 3rd period.."  He could see Canada faltering a bit..
    Given the fact the Russians have been staging 3rd period comebacks in the previous 2 games.. They were the better team individually , their two guys Tarasenko, and Kuznetsov took over the game, and that is what great players do...My hats off to them!! They looked like a team of Destiny..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Nitemare, again I share your disdain for faking injuries, if that was the case, but I'm really skeptical that you can even say Tarasenko was faking there.  Maybe, maybe not, it was a pretty rough hit he took. 

When Ribiero faked, he laughed at the Bruin bench within seconds of getting to his feet (after acting like a wounded hyena on the ice), so there was really no question about it.

Secondly, I don't know how you make the distinction between faking an equipment problem to get a free timeout, and faking an injury to get a free timeout.  It is shady conduct either way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Red Dawn II.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

SIGH! Nevermind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships:
    [QUOTE]SIGH! Nevermind.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Sorry nightmare -- don't mean to hassle you on a dark day.  Just had a different opinion, and had time to write posts today...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships : Probably in the hockey schools of Russia and probably have been for a long time. I didn't come here and make excuses when the US got smoked by Canada. I expect the same from the Canadian hockey media.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE] To expect the Canadian hockey "media" to react the same as the U.S or any other country for that matter is a comment that can only be made by someone who has never lived in the hockey crazed country of Canada.
    When it comes to hockey no place on earth is the same, so don't expect us to react the same. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships : To expect the Canadian hockey "media" to react the same as the U.S or any other country for that matter is a comment that can only be made by someone who has never lived in the hockey crazed country of Canada. When it comes to hockey no place on earth is the same, so don't expect us to react the same.Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

^Fair enough^

PS. "Red Dawn II." That could have been the headlines on a bunch of newspapers up north nice one 86!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Sorry nightmare -- don't mean to hassle you on a dark day.  Just had a different opinion, and had time to write posts today...

LOL! No worries Fletch. I don't know if it's because I'm not making myself clear on what I'm trying to say, or I'm not being understood properly. I know him lying there like that is NOT the reason the Canadians lost! I know how the Russians were able to come back numerous times in the tourney. Hats off for that!

My complaint is the guy held things up for like 5 minutes. The Canadians were still playing their game at that point. He gets help to the bench & he's out there 2 shifts later. You know how important momentum is in a game. It wasn't as black & white as Cowboy says "So he recovered in the 15 minutes intermission, no great surprise.. medicine has come along way.. He could have taken a shot, whatever , or he could have played thru pain..."
     If he's so able to play thru pain, then there's no GD reason to hold up the game!
    You mark my words this guy will come into the NHL & pull the same sh^T! It's not the reason Canada lost! It did however have an impact. Regardless of what miracle shot, or drug, or whatever else that made him recover so quickly! Ellis got hurt pretty bad himself & the play was deep in his zone! He didn't lie there like he was shot with a 44 mag! He got up & didn't even get off until the puck left the zone! That's the Canadian & American way! This prima dona is a JOKE!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry nightmare -- don't mean to hassle you on a dark day.  Just had a different opinion, and had time to write posts today... LOL! No worries Fletch. I don't know if it's because I'm not making myself clear on what I'm trying to say, or I'm not being understood properly. I know him lying there like that is NOT the reason the Canadians lost! I know how the Russians were able to come back numerous times in the tourney. Hats off for that! My complaint is the guy held things up for like 5 minutes. The Canadians were still playing their game at that point. He gets help to the bench & he's out there 2 shifts later. You know how important momentum is in a game. It wasn't as black & white as Cowboy says "So he recovered in the 15 minutes intermission, no great surprise.. medicine has come along way.. He could have taken a shot, whatever , or he could have played thru pain..."  If he's so able to play thru pain, then there's no GD reason to hold up the game! You mark my words this guy will come into the NHL & pull the same sh^T! It's not the reason Canada lost! It did however have an impact. Regardless of what miracle shot, or drug, or whatever else that made him recover so quickly! Ellis got hurt pretty bad himself & the play was deep in his zone! He didn't lie there like he was shot with a 44 mag! He got up & didn't even get off until the puck left the zone! That's the Canadian & American way! This prima dona is a JOKE!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    It was incredibly unsportsmanlike to fake the injury like he did but it had little impact on the games outcome.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Nitemare, I am not trying to get on your case either.. call me naive but I will believe that the player was seriously hurt and could not get up from the boot to the head.... Actually I read somewhere today that their coach told Tarasenko to not play the 3rd period... and he replied he had to because he was the captain.. That doesn't sound to me like a guy who would be acting as a faker to kill Canada's momentum when clearly Canada was losing it in the second half of period 2.. Again , call me naive but I don't think the player would be that conniving... Cheers!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

No Cowboy, I'm not upset & I know that your not giving me the gears. I respect everything you & Fletch have said. I wish there was a way to test this some though.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt & say he was hurt. That's my whole point. If he was "hurt" enough to hold up the game. Then he should be hurt enough to take more than 2 shifts off. I'm not saying he can't come back at all. I honestly just think that there should be a rule where if a player needs extra assistance to get off the ice & can't get off on his own. Then, you should have to sit out for a certain amount of time. I know the power of adrenaline & how it can help you overcome a lot. If that Russian player said that to the coach? I applaude the kid & give him credit.

I know about getting hit in the head! I've been concussed a lot! (in case you haven't noticed Tongue out) I know how dis-oriented it makes you feel. I've been out cold from a net collison & slapshots off the head (I tell my kids It's not my fault I'm PUCK drunk.) I had to be taken off on a stretcher. I didn't come back later in the game.

I honestly am not saying this is why Canada lost. I do think the delay had an impact though.  Maybe not as much as I think, but it had some, even a slight one can end up being huge one the long run. Especially in a game of this magnitude. 

Cheers!