2011 NHL Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

2011 NHL Draft

The icing on the cake is that we have the #9 overall.  Not only did we win the Stanley Cup, but we also have a top 10 pick.  So which direction should we go in?  I think we're pretty set at C and G.  Who do you hope we nab?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

Re: 2011 NHL Draft

just take the best available player remaining

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Best D available, unless one of top forwards slide(Huberdeau/Couturier/Landeskog/RNH):

my order of preference:

Adam Larsson
    Dougie Hamilton
    Ryan Murphy
    Jamieson Oleksiak
    Nathan Beaulieu

One of these nine player will be available.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Murphy sounds good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

IMO, it's gonna be Dougie Hamilton or Nathan Beaulieu. I think Murph goes somewhere in the top 6-7. On TSN, it's interesting that Craig Button has Larsson at the #8 spot and Sean Couturier at the #7 spot--in terms of prospect rankings. He's usually WAY, WAY off on his draft board and his mock drafts, but no doubt it's interesting.

I think the one wild card is Couturier. I love this kid, and despite our depth at Centre, if he's available at #9 or in the 7-8 range, by all means....GO GET HIM. I think he's gonna be a very, very good hockey player. He's got some Bergy in his game and is tough to get off the puck and out of in front of the net with his big body.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Me thinks Dougie Hamilton will be gone by 9th. I think Siemens will be there at #9 as well PC is sitting in a very good position from where I sit especially if a stud forward falls a GM might want to trade up.

Don't forget the Bruins have the Wild's 2nd rounder this year and PC did well with his 2nd rounders last season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

a couple of the mocks had Oleksiak by the Bruins. What is his deal? I know nothing about this kid.

Also, remember how many DMen fell last year (I assume because they generally develop later)? I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton or Murpy were still on the board at 9.

Wow, already looking to the draft...that didn't take long!

Phil Kessel, the gift that keeps giving!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 NHL Draft:
    [QUOTE]a couple of the mocks had Oleksiak by the Bruins. What is his deal? I know nothing about this kid. Also, remember how many DMen fell last year (I assume because they generally develop later)? I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton or Murpy were still on the board at 9. Wow, already looking to the draft...that didn't take long! Phil Kessel, the gift that keeps giving!
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]
    Oleksiak is another monster(6'7-240) that has surprising skills for his size.Another Tyler Myers perhaps.That wouldn't be so bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]IMO, it's gonna be Dougie Hamilton or Nathan Beaulieu. I think Murph goes somewhere in the top 6-7. On TSN, it's interesting that Craig Button has Larsson at the #8 spot and Sean Couturier at the #7 spot--in terms of prospect rankings. He's usually WAY, WAY off on his draft board and his mock drafts, but no doubt it's interesting. I think the one wild card is Couturier. I love this kid, and despite our depth at Centre, if he's available at #9 or in the 7-8 range, by all means....GO GET HIM. I think he's gonna be a very, very good hockey player. He's got some Bergy in his game and is tough to get off the puck and out of in front of the net with his big body.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

no way Larsson falls that far down....  he's the closest to being nhl ready...

without question Couturier's stock has fallen but i doubt very much he's still there at #9....

B'S will be lucky if Murphy's still available too....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Me thinks Dougie Hamilton will be gone by 9th but it doesn't matter I'd rather have Nathan Beaulieu he's a better skater and stick handler. I think Siemens will be there at #9 as well PC is sitting in a very good position from where I sit especially if a stud forward falls a GM might want to trade up. Don't forget the Bruins have the Wild's 2nd rounder this year and PC did well with his 2nd rounders last season.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Hamilton was voted the best skater ( all players, not just prospects ) in the OHL's coaches poll for the Eastern conference. Beaulieu must be a helluva skater ! Also Hamilton was voted best offensive defenceman . I'd say his skating and stickhandling skills are as good (other then Murphy) as any defenceman coming out for the draft including Beaulieu.

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/article/eastern-conference-coaches-poll-winners/94415

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 NHL Draft : Hamilton was voted the best skater ( all players, not just prospects ) in the OHL's coaches poll for the Eastern conference. Beaulieu must be a helluva skater ! Also Hamilton was voted best offensive defenceman . I'd say his skating and stickhandling skills are as good (other then Murphy) as any defenceman coming out for the draft including Beaulieu. http://ontariohockeyleague.com/article/eastern-conference-coaches-poll-winners/94415
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Chowda, who do you think is better in their own end? Who is more physical/has more bite? Hamilton or Beaulieu?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 NHL Draft : Hamilton was voted the best skater ( all players, not just prospects ) in the OHL's coaches poll for the Eastern conference. Beaulieu must be a helluva skater ! Also Hamilton was voted best offensive defenceman . I'd say his skating and stickhandling skills are as good (other then Murphy) as any defenceman coming out for the draft including Beaulieu. http://ontariohockeyleague.com/article/eastern-conference-coaches-poll-winners/94415 Posted by Chowdahkid-

Glad to see your back!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Book did some homework on a previous draft thread and saved some research for all. Whom might draft where and what prospect while summarizing what they have in the system or drafted previously. Some of these players might be gone because I think this post might have been before the deadline plus some of these current players might be gone by next Friday so we can make changes.

"The Islanders have only drafted one D in the first round since 1999 - Calvin deHaan.  They might feel like it's time given that they have Tavares and Moulson, Bailey, Okposo, Grabner, then Nino, Nelson, Czikias, and maybe even Kabanov in the pipe. They're already seeing returns on drafting Travis Hamonic, too, so they could feel like they don't have to wait on the right guy. 

The Oilers are in sort of the same situation given that their drafted forwards - Eberle, Hall, Paajarvi, Omark, Cogliano and Gagner - seem to be developing quickly while the recent high end drafted D aren't - Theo Peckham's the exception.  Gilbert and Whitney are young, but came over by trade, so maybe the Oil will remain gunshy. 

Colorado is all over the place.  Even with Johnson, they've deal away a lot of D prospects over the years - the Bruins alone have plucked Boychuk and Cohen, and they gave up Shattenkirk for Johnson.  On the other hand, watch Stefan Elliot in Saskatoon who is putting up great O numbers and is bigger than a lot of the "PMD's" to come through in the last little while.  They also have Tyson Barrie, good player, and Cameron Gaunce who I know nothing about.

Tallon took Gudbranson last year, so he's not afraid to go D early in Florida

If the Senators take a D it will be Larson.  They have Karlsson already, they seem to go back and forth on Brian Lee, and they do have one or two decent prospects in Jared Cowan and Patrick Wiercioch.  But as I say, if they do go D, they're drafting the top guy who everyone is saying is a top four pick for certain.

Blues have Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo, and then Rundblad - not a need.
    Atlanta - see the Bogosian trade threads.
    NJ - possible.  Ditto Columbus, who tries to draft D but hasn't had much luck since drafting McQuaid and Kris Russell in 2005.

I think we see pretty much the same story - D go later than we'd been led to believe.  Murphy's probably the one guy really affected by Fowler's success - he might stay in the top ten rather than drop out like Fowler did."

So who really needs a bluechip defenseman before the Bruins pick and which GMs have a history of taking the best available player no matter what the needs are ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

San is there any possible way Puempel slips to us in 2nd, he is the Skinner of this draft if played, he has the scoring knack, he will go back to junior if he comes here though that is the B's way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I want Duncan Siemens, just because of the name.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Thank you Kessel!

And for all you miserable rancid clam chowder eating morons who beefed and beefed and beefed and cried and beefed about the Kessel trade, please accept this suggestion:

go die.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Best D available, unless one of top forwards slide(Huberdeau/Couturier/Landeskog/RNH): my order of preference: Adam Larsson Dougie Hamilton Ryan Murphy Jamieson Oleksiak Nathan Beaulieu One of these nine player will be available.
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Shane McColgan
    3rd round Kelowna Rockets WHL

second coming of Brad Marchand

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you Kessel! And for all you miserable rancid clam chowder eating morons who beefed and beefed and beefed and cried and beefed about the Kessel trade, please accept this suggestion: go die.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

You still don't get it, it wasn't about Kes going it was the fact it took so long to replace him, had Hort come a year earlier, we don't lose to Phi.

We have reaped benefits from deal, but his loss was only replaced when Hort joined the top line and was more the key to the cup run than the trade itself.  Our future from this deal is looking huge.

TO picks 30th is not so bad either, I'll take that for the cup.

Seg has his name on cup, Kess doesn't,nor does Hall, priceless.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 NHL Draft:[QUOTE]San is there any possible way Puempel slips to us in 2nd, he is the Skinner of this draft if played, he has the scoring knack, he will go back to junior if he comes here though that is the B's way.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Reunite Puempel with Spooner I'd be happy with that all day long. Kobasew for a 2nd was a steal!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I think Puempel goes in the mid-late 1st round. I agree, though, out of all the players that can fall in the mid-late 1st round, I think this kid could be the biggest steal of them all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Am I the only one who thinks that Ryan Murphy is a little small for a Dman, not to mention as a top 10 pick? 5'10, 160 pounds doesn't exactly scream defenseman

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

Doughty was the ONLY defenceman picked in the last 10 years or so to be an absolute stud. All of the top 5  overall picks  that were d men in the draft have all been traded. and if you look at all of the top picks that were forwards 18- 21 top 3 picks panned out somewhat...My point is if we can trade out 9th overall pick to Edmonton for Hemsky and fill in the deal with picks or players of help to both. I would trade the 9th pick and say Ference to Edmonton for Hemsky and a late rounder from edmonton. Tambellini wants another top 10 pick and this would make sense for boston for Hemsky is a talent and a cap friendly player and would replace Ryder or for sure Recchi instead of playing the heck out of Caron next year.

Thoughts???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 NHL Draft : Hey where have you been Kid ? Sent you an email awhile back. Do the OHL coaches n players scout the Q ? Hee Hee... Glad to see your back!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

No they probably don't and neither do we.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 NHL Draft : Chowda, who do you think is better in their own end? Who is more physical/has more bite? Hamilton or Beaulieu?
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

Can't speak for Beaulieu because of only seeing him in the Mem cup but Hamilton's defensive game improved immensely this year. At the start of the season I posted that he wasn't very good in his own end last year. This year he was solid. He played on the top pairing with a 16 year old, Jesse Graham. He was nasty, physical and took care of the puck . His skating and stickhandling wasn't too shabby either. Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts