2011 NHL Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: 2011 NHL Draft

In Response to Re: 2011 NHL Draft:
    [QUOTE]I think Puempel goes in the mid-late 1st round. I agree, though, out of all the players that can fall in the mid-late 1st round, I think this kid could be the biggest steal of them all.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

Good post. Agreed ! And another player who I like because of his desire and hustle is Boone Jenner from Oshawa. He may not be as talented as Puempel but this kid never quits. Mid to late first also I'm guessing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Interesting Mock Draft from The Good Point, has the B's having the option of Beaulieu or Murphy at #9.  Their mock has the B's passing on Murphy and selecting Beaulieu.  Murphy ends up going #11 to Colorado.  Larsson went #3 and Hamilton #8.

http://www.thegoodpoint.com/hockey/jun11/thegps-2011-nhl-mock-draft.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Oleksiak would be a mistake in my opinion.  It has to be like this I think.

Hamilton
    Murphy
    Strome

I think Siemens, Beaulieu and Oleksiak are all reaches at pick nine.  We just won the cup, take the best available.  Dont just take the next available defensmen.  If your that high on those guys trade the pick, move down and select one of those guys.  None of those three are worthy of a top 10 selection.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]I want Duncan Siemens, just because of the name.
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Here is a question, say Strome is available at #9, do you select him rather than the best puckmoving d-man remaining on the board (Murphy, Beaulieu, Hamilton)?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

[QUOTE]Am I the only one who thinks that Ryan Murphy is a little small for a Dman, not to mention as a top 10 pick? 5'10, 160 pounds doesn't exactly scream defenseman
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

I could deal with the height but 160? How long is it gonna take to put 40lbs on this kid 2 years? might be better in the long run but if you want time to the NHL  they might wanna look elsewhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from horton18. Show horton18's posts

[QUOTE]Shane McColgan 3rd round Kelowna Rockets WHL second coming of Brad Marchand
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]
    if he still around at that point id deff grab him hes a player

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

I would love Doughty. Sign and trade Kaberle maybe. Kabs would fit well in LA.

I agree, you have to stay smart and move down and gain ASSETS and CONTINUE to build. 

Murphy is a shrimp on D. No thanks at number 9.

Just stay smart at the draft..acquire assets as I said and keep BUILDING BUILDING BUILDING just like theo and the sox!!

HERE WE GO BRUUUINS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to 2011 NHL Draft:
    [QUOTE]The icing on the cake is that we have the #9 overall.  Not only did we win the Stanley Cup, but we also have a top 10 pick.  So which direction should we go in?  I think we're pretty set at C and G.  Who do you hope we nab?
    Posted by PatsFanGermany[/QUOTE]

I would love to end up with either Nathan Beaulieu or Ryan Murphy (ranked no..1 overall by Don Cherry) he is dynamite ! ! !
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Here is a question, say Strome is available at #9, do you select him rather than the best puckmoving d-man remaining on the board (Murphy, Beaulieu, Hamilton)?
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

Since they are dealing with 18 year-olds, seems like they go highest rated on their board, right?  So if Strome is ahead of the D-men, they pick him.  Same thing with Zibanejad or Bartschi.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

Nathan Beaulieu should bring some nastiness along with some much needed puck movement on the break out...he has Bruin written all over.