2011 Trade Deadline Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

2011 Trade Deadline Thread

I thought instead of creating a million different threads for every trade today we could just use one big one and save the time and energy.

Here is the latest one:

http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/story/?id=355830

Looks like the centerpiece of the Kovalchuk trade last year, Berfgors, is gone for a 5th round pick and a washed up Dvorak. What is up with Berfgors? Bad locker room presence maybe?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Phillips decides to stay in Ottawa for less than what he is currently making. Got to admire this, a rare occurance. Although Savard kind of did the same when he re-signed with the B's last year.

http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/story/?id=355807

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread:
    [QUOTE]Phillips decides to stay in Ottawa for less than what he is currently making. Got to admire this, a rare occurance. Although Savard kind of did the same when he re-signed with the B's last year. http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/story/?id=355807
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    Chara took a dollar less as well. I admire Phillips for what he did. A very classy move on his part.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree. I always kind of felt sorry for him being a first ovrerall pick then being overshadowed by Chara and Redden. They even put him on the fourth line for a while early on in his career. Good competitor and good person...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Dennis Wideman to Washington for a prospect & a draft pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Wideman to the Caps ...just announced..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Poor Caps. 3 offensive minded d-man that are terrible at defense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Not sure what washington is thinking here. They have kind of turned the season around by playing solid defence. Now this...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Another guy off the market:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=355824

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So, Wideman gets traded for peanuts. I think it is obvious by now that PC fleeced Florida. This is turning out to be a ridiculously lopsided trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just spoke to GM Chiarelli: "We're kind've sitting back...may do something depth-wise but we're just working on a couple small things."^BISH

Just for Bookbooys sake I want PC to get some OHL or QMJHL defenseman to keep an eye on during Chiarelli's flurry of now famous under the radar deadline moves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]So, Wideman gets traded for peanuts. I think it is obvious by now that PC fleeced Florida. This is turning out to be a ridiculously lopsided trade.
    With all the ex-bruins on the market, traded already, or waivered it looks like PC fleeced a lot of teams. I'll drink to that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread : With all the ex-bruins on the market, traded already, or waivered it looks like PC fleeced a lot of teams. I'll drink to that.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.  RMiller (kelvana) kept on bringing up how PC made such a bad move trading Wideman.  That was his last straw on being a Bruins fan LOL.
    Seems like he's back on the bandwagon.

On another note from Bish's blog (conversation with Chiarelli):

"We're kind've sitting back...may do something depth-wise but we're just working on a couple small things."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yep, Bruins looking pretty smart to trade early in a less frenzied atmosphere as the deadline tends to be like. I admit I had my doubts about PC but  he really does seem to be getting more shrewd with each pasing year....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Pho Scottie Upshall and Sami Lepisto traded for Rostislav Klesla from CBJ

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

To Phoenix: Klesla

To Columbus: Lepisto and Upshall

Minor trade. Nothing much to it aside form merely mixing it up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://twitter.com/#!/douglasflynn

"What's going on here? Are the other 29 teams too depressed about missing out on Wideman to make any more moves?"

LOL!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]To Phoenix: Klesla To Columbus: Lepisto and Upshall Minor trade. Nothing much to it aside form merely mixing it up.
    Good pick up for CBJ. Upshall has some grit. Will help out for sure. Don't know much about Klesla other than him being a 1st rd pick. Don't know much about Lepisto either.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Trade Deadline Thread : Good pick up for CBJ. Upshall has some grit. Will help out for sure. Don't know much about Klesla other than him being a 1st rd pick. Don't know much about Lepisto either.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

I always liked Upshall. He came out of the draft with the "captain material" tag on him. A guy who will do anything to win. Would have loved him on the B's.

By the way, SanDog: good stuff!!l LOL!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Wow, this deadline is proving to be pretty boring. I am glad Boston picked up those key pieces earlier but if this goes on any longer, I may actually have to work today.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, this deadline is proving to be pretty boring. I am glad Boston picked up those key pieces earlier but if this goes on any longer, I may actually have to work today.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

It has been lke this the last few years actully. All the action will be reported right on the deadline and a little after as the trades get filed with the league...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

PC was just on TSN and did say he was working on some tweaks,  but nothing imminent.. no one has called him , he mentioned....looks to me he is done...

Pretty dismall day so far on this draft day.. Two large sports networks in Canada are wasting valuable  on air space :)  .. They actually went on air at 8:00am ... and only three trades all day...  these guys are all hashing and rehashing  non sense and speculating and revisiting trades that have happened, pretty boring to me .. maybe there will be a flurry at the end .. Sure hope so .. or this day will be a disaster..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Dan Murphy tweets Bryan Allen to Carolina for Sergei Samsonov"

Slow day...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]PC was just on TSN and did say he was working on some tweaks,  but nothing imminent.. no one has called him , he mentioned....looks to me he is done... Pretty dismall day so far on this draft day.. Two large sports networks in Canada are wasting valuable  on air space :)  .. They actually went on air at 8:00am ... and only three trades all day...  these guys are all hashing and rehashing  non sense and speculating and revisiting trades that have happened, pretty boring to me .. maybe there will be a flurry at the end .. Sure hope so .. or this day will be a disaster..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Kind of like cable news, the same stories over and over again. Just with different "experts."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Campoli to Chi for a pick and a player. Ott looking like an AHL club.

Sections
Shortcuts