2012 Playoffs -Who rises above?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcd. Show rmcd's posts

Re: 2012 Playoffs -Who rises above?

Its everyone really. The key to the B's success at forward is rolling four productive lines. No superstars at wing and center but the most 20 goal scorers of any team. Defense first, heads up in three all three zones, win face offs and loose pucks, and out check and out fight the other guys.  Throw in the best group of defenseman in the NHL (get better soon Boychuck, McQuaid) and if Thomas stand on his head again. See you at the parade.

But to answer the question. Look for Peverly and Kelly to turn some heads in the post season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Caron. In every playoff or world championship, this kid has flat out performed. he had something like 6 goals in 7 games the last playoff series he had in junior, and that was after he had a really difficult year with injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Hopefully there's a healthy Boychuck-Ference pairing as well. These guys really stepped up last year, especially vs. MTL and VAN.

No surprise that we all have faith in just about everyone. Bergeron, to me, always saves his best for when it counts the most. he just gets better and better as a series and playoff run goes on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 Playoffs -Who rises above?:
    Corvo.  but hopefully he rises above the ice into the press box.
    Posted by Neecic

Hahahahahaha, that's awesome...

Surprised no one talked about that line...that's a great line...

As far as break out players are concerned, I don't like making predictions because I am a big believer is jynxing but I'd be surprised if Seguin had a bad Playoffs...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

The Caron hype needs to be reeled in.  I just read that he is most likely scratched tonight.  If he plays at all, it will be on the fourth line, where he has been practicing as of late. 

I think Lucic will surprise in the playoffs.  Horton cleaned up a lot of goals in front of the net in the playoffs last year.  I think those goals go to Looch this year.  Peverley and Krejci should zip around the ice and get a lot of shots on net.  To me that equals a lot of rebounds and I personally feel that Lucic's best asset is his nose for finding the puck while crashing the net.

I also think that Seidenberg will be a rock.

I agree that the third line (Poul, Kelly, Rolls) will continue to be a pleasant surprise and that Thomas will stand on his head.

PC: with Rolls and Poul, you did it again!  You harvard genious :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The Caron hype needs to be reeled in.  I just read that he is most likely scratched tonight.  If he plays at all, it will be on the fourth line, where he has been practicing as of late.  I think Lucic will surprise in the playoffs.  Horton cleaned up a lot of goals in front of the net in the playoffs last year.  I think those goals go to Looch this year.  Peverley and Krejci should zip around the ice and get a lot of shots on net.  To me that equals a lot of rebounds and I personally feel that Lucic's best asset is his nose for finding the puck while crashing the net. I also think that Seidenberg will be a rock. I agree that the third line (Poul, Kelly, Rolls) will continue to be a pleasant surprise and that Thomas will stand on his head. PC: with Rolls and Poul, you did it again!  You harvard genious :)
    Posted by Drewski5

What is Lucic, the Bruins top goal scorer in the past 2 years, going to do to surprise us? Score the most goals? This thread is about who we think will add unexpected offense. That's the point we're making. Caron isn't expected to do much. How is thinking Caron will do better than expected "hyping" him? And Seidenberg is your other pick to surprise.......the guy led all players in ice time in last year's playoffs. It'll be a surprise if he doesn't excel paired with Chara.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatthefaulk. Show whatthefaulk's posts

Corvo.  but hopefully he rises above the ice into the press box.
    Posted by Neecic

hahaha agreed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

Kelly with the big time OT winner, Thanks Kells for making me look good hahaha wooot GO B's ! !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I am going to say Chris Kelly getting a pass from Pouliot ! ! !

GO BRUINS GO ! ! !    only 15 more wins for our 2nd Stanley Cup in a row ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 Playoffs -Who rises above? : What is Lucic, the Bruins top goal scorer in the past 2 years, going to do to surprise us? Score the most goals? This thread is about who we think will add unexpected offense. That's the point we're making. Caron isn't expected to do much. How is thinking Caron will do better than expected "hyping" him? And Seidenberg is your other pick to surprise.......the guy led all players in ice time in last year's playoffs. It'll be a surprise if he doesn't excel paired with Chara.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I understood the thread to imply: who do you think will exceed expectations. Lucic is a 25-30 goal  / year scorer.  So one would expect about a goal every 3 games.  If he scores a goal every other game (on average) AND those goals happen to be timely (a la Horton last year), then that will exceed expectations.

Regarding Seids: Prior year performance is not 100% correlated with current year expectations.  Just because Seids was shut down in the playoffs last year, doesnt mean that people are expecting him to do it again.  I think the mainstream consensus is that he well play somewhere between "very solid" and like the beast he was at this time last year.  If he duplicates prior year's performance (and I think he will), I think that qualifies for "exceeded mainstream expectations."

Regarding Caron: I dont see how you surprise when you dont play.  As I said in my previous post: he's not playing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 Playoffs -Who rises above? : I understood the thread to imply: who do you think will exceed expectations. Lucic is a 25-30 goal  / year scorer.  So one would expect about a goal every 3 games.  If he scores a goal every other game (on average) AND those goals happen to be timely (a la Horton last year), then that will exceed expectations. Regarding Seids: Prior year performance is not 100% correlated with current year expectations.  Just because Seids was shut down in the playoffs last year, doesnt mean that people are expecting him to do it again.  I think the mainstream consensus is that he well play somewhere between "very solid" and like the beast he was at this time last year.  If he duplicates prior year's performance (and I think he will), I think that qualifies for "exceeded mainstream expectations." Regarding Caron: I dont see how you surprise when you dont play.  As I said in my previous post: he's not playing.
    Posted by Drewski5

How'd Seguin and Thornton make out last year after sitting genius?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: 2012 Playoffs -Who rises above? : How'd Seguin and Thornton make out last year after sitting genius?
    Posted by dezaruchi

Agreed, I think we'll see Caron before all is said and done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Krejci led the team in scoring last year at about .75 PPG. He went on in the playoffs and scored almost a PPG clip, and (if projected out to a full season) was at almost a 40 goal clip. I'd consider that a breakout performance.

Caron won't be that guy.

I really don't think there will be a surprise performer, as we've seen all of them do it now. However, I think if we're talking offense, it's going to be Seguin.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'll go with the idea that Zanon pulls off a Brooks Orpik/Rob Scuderi kind of playoffs where everyone is wondering where he came from by the end of a very solid playoffs.  Not a scoring breakout, but just recognized for being solid above and beyond.

And as NAS put it, I always think this is just one more chance for people to acknowledge what a player Bergeron is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'll go with the idea that Zanon pulls off a Brooks Orpik/Rob Scuderi kind of playoffs where everyone is wondering where he came from by the end of a very solid playoffs.  Not a scoring breakout, but just recognized for being solid above and beyond. And as NAS put it, I always think this is just one more chance for people to acknowledge what a player Bergeron is.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Great call Book. He got off to a good start last night. He was very solid physically and usually made a good 1st pass.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The question is who rises above.  In one series it can be a "Seguin" ala Tampa last year.  It can be a "Horton" ala Montreal last year.  Chain of links is the correct answer but to remain with the thread topic.... Pouilot, Rolston, and Kelley are the keys to Bs success as the Bergeron and Krejci lines are a focus of the Caps game strategy.  The "success" though relies on competing in a series, now that goes back to the first few remarks I have made.  So I am thinking that players like a Corvo, dare I make mention of his performance in the regular season, and Zannon.  I was scared to death when I saw them on the same on ice combination of Campbell, Thornton, and Paille.  Yet, the defensive pairing was crucial considering Boychuck was/is coming of an injury and McQuaid is out. So it depends on the series to answer the thread.

Sections
Shortcuts