2013/14 Around the League Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: 2013/14 Around the League Tracker

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

2-0 Flyers......no wait, its 2-2 now....no, no it isn't 3-2 Ducks with 2 mins to play. Perry Mason in net for Philly.  

Well, the Fillies are playing like assault victims.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

2-0 Leafs in Edmonton.  Second period.

Oilers only want to play run and gun it seems. The overall team D is atrocious.

Lars Eller's quote should have been bulletin board fodder for junior teams, not the Oilers.

$64,000 Question - can the Oilers play a reasonable defensive game with the personnel they have?  It really looks like they need to make some aggressive changes to personnel or they'll be stuck here for a very long time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Visiting Leafs win again.  They beat the Flames 4-2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Looking more and more like a Leafs/Sharks Stanley Cup final, should be good, looking forward to it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Looking more and more like a Leafs/Sharks Stanley Cup final, should be good, looking forward to it.

Looking like what? In October?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Looking like what? In October?

Just jumping on the Leaf & Shark fanbase love-a-thon after both teams good start.The media has jumped on onto it as well but i have a feeling cooler heads will prevail. They both are playing well though, i will say that, but its a long way to go. B's look good, i will say that as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

14 days in April/May/June can bring any pretty start to crushing insignificance.  Right, Penguins?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Lars Eller's quote should have been bulletin board fodder for junior teams, not the Oilers.

$64,000 Question - can the Oilers play a reasonable defensive game with the personnel they have?  It really looks like they need to make some aggressive changes to personnel or they'll be stuck here for a very long time.

For $64,000, it looks like they might finally be trying a little harder with the roster.  Grebeshkov is a horrible defender and they just waived him.  Corey Potter and Jeff Petry are kind of the same player.  They just waived Potter.  Smid and Ference are good defenders, but are no good in offense or transition.  J Schultz is the opposite.  Belov and and N. Schultz are average at best.  It's a weird set up.

Truthfully though, the Eakins system does look terrible too.  Tom Renney played with a very similar rsoter (worse?) and they looked a heck of a lot more competitive under him.  I see no team defense at all.  I haven't looked it up but their puck possesion time looks terrible.  Seems like they're always chasing, and all of the young stars up front aren't the chasing types.

Should have taken Murray over Yakupov.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

For $64,000, it looks like they might finally be trying a little harder with the roster.  Grebeshkov is a horrible defender and they just waived him.  Corey Potter and Jeff Petry are kind of the same player.  They just waived Potter.  Smid and Ference are good defenders, but are no good in offense or transition.  J Schultz is the opposite.  Belov and and N. Schultz are average at best.  It's a weird set up.

Truthfully though, the Eakins system does look terrible too.  Tom Renney played with a very similar rsoter (worse?) and they looked a heck of a lot more competitive under him.  I see no team defense at all.  I haven't looked it up but their puck possesion time looks terrible.  Seems like they're always chasing, and all of the young stars up front aren't the chasing types.

Should have taken Murray over Yakupov.

They also aren't physical, defensive minded or accountable. Too many Oiler forwards play the same game, the team is made up wrong, no thinking went into it, just draft the best forward seemd to be their mantra. Problem starts with Lowe and it trickles down. What exactly is the Oiler philosophy? Skate fast and think later? I don't know. Ference was their big d-man pickup and he was third pairing in Boston and thats no offence to Andy, it just goes to show how much thought went into it. Mac Tavish doesn't seem to be any better than Tambellini.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Malkin is disgusting!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Anyone watching the Flyers/Caps game? Man are the Flyers bad, what happened to this team, their team defence is a small cut above the Oilers. Ovechkin isn't even playing and its 4-0 midway through the second. Flyers can't even get it out of their own end when their on a PP. Perry Mason pulled after letting in 3 goals and Emery board comes in and lets in his second shot against. The Flyers gave up J. VanRiemsdyk for Luke Schenn? Wow. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Malkin is disgusting!

What happened? Dirty hit or unreal play? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

7-0 Caps, Emery booted for fighting, Mason back in. "Fire Holmgren" chant started in the second period. Crowd booed when the Flyers were given a PP.Hilarious stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Malkin is disgusting!

What happened? Dirty hit or unreal play?

Move around two defenders. Yah Philly puts Emory in and....No!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Holmgren says Downie has a concussion from fight. Lecavalier has a facial injury and will miss time and Emery gets the 3rd star of the game.

Nothing else needs to be said.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

50, they've come out impressive before and it hasn't led to anything. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

50, they've come out impressive before and it hasn't led to anything. 

I know RHO, although both teams seem deeper this year and they both play a physical game, two requirements for a playoff run. Like you say though, they've both came out impressive before. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I know RHO, although both teams seem deeper this year and they both play a physical game, two requirements for a playoff run. Like you say though, they've both came out impressive before. 

[/QUOTE]

SJ's had excellent regular seasons then poor playoffs.  Lately I've heard some on-air people up here say the Leafs are beating teams they're supposed to beat (eg., Flames, Habs, Philly, Oilers twice).  Plus they seem to negate hot starts with second half dips. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Emery gives up 4 goals on 15 shots, skates down the ice to fight a goalie that didn't wanna go, and gets 3rd start of the game. Who ever voted for the 3 stars needs a new job.

sponse to jaymiller's comment:

Holmgren says Downie has a concussion from fight. Lecavalier has a facial injury and will miss time and Emery gets the 3rd star of the game.

Nothing else needs to be said.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Claude Giroux - 12 games, 0 goals, 6 assists.

Jacob Voracek - 12 games, 1 goal, 3 assists.

Sean Couturier - 12 games, 0 goals, 3 assists.

Tye McGinn has played 4 games, he has 3 goals.  Tied for second on the team behind Lecavalier and tied with Read.

There's an angle on this Philly story we haven't explore yet.  Bruins were talking with Vinny back when he was bought out of his Tampa deal, and he chose to take marginally more money in Philly.  I wonder if Elvis has called him to say hey, I feel for ya, but you should have LFMF.

Claude Giroux - 12 games, 0 goals, 6 assists.

Jacob Voracek - 12 games, 1 goal, 3 assists.

Sean Couturier - 12 games, 0 goals, 3 assists.

Tye McGinn has played 4 games, he has 3 goals.  Tied for second on the team behind Lecavalier and tied with Read.

There's an angle on this Philly story we haven't explore yet.  Bruins were talking with Vinny back when he was bought out of his Tampa deal, and he chose to take marginally more money in Philly.  I wonder if Elvis has called him to say hey, I feel for ya, but you should have LFMF.

More french guys on Philly as well, likely felt more at home.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rangers stink and I love it!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ranger try to get an extra skater on the ice in the last minute of their game against the Ducks but get called for too many men on the ice!

You can't make this stuff up LoL

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Ranger try to get an extra skater on the ice in the last minute of their game against the Ducks but get called for too many men on the ice!

Looked to me like they forgot they had a man in the box.

Watching this game i forgot how bad Pouliot is, 2 offsides on the PP and then a bad penalty to negate another. No wonder he's been on 5 teams already and a 5th pick overall.What did the scouts see in this guy, another Brian Lawton or Daigle i guess.

• Sections
    Shortcuts