2013/14 Around the League Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: 2013/14 Around the League Tracker

Wild game in Ottawa tonight, 4-3 Sens over Habs in second period. Sens just light up Price of late.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Man , these games in the West between top teams have been nasty this past week... Great hockey, lots of hitting and a little mean thrown in... Tonite LA and St.Louis pretty good tilt....

Whoever comes out of the West will be black and blue...some great team is going out the first round....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Almost forgot.  Ducks 9 - Vancouver 1 last Wednesday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Almost forgot.  Ducks 9 - Vancouver 1 last Wednesday.

[/QUOTE]

If we think think the B's offence has dried up a little,try the Nucks,went on there semi west coast road trip to Anaheim, LA & Phoenix and were outscored 11-1.Three games and one goal, now thats what i call a real (Eddie) Lack of scoring! Haha...man i'm good. ;-) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Marty St. Louis already 4 goals against the Sharks today, havent reached the mid point of the second period yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Marty St. Louis having a whale of a game today... Scored all his teams goals so far against San Jose.... 4 goals early in the second.... I am assuming Yzerman has front row seats.... I thought this guy should have been on Team Canada.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Marty St. Louis having a whale of a game today... Scored all his teams goals so far against San Jose.... 4 goals early in the second.... I am assuming Yzerman has front row seats.... I thought this guy should have been on Team Canada.....

[/QUOTE]

haha,nice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Sharks make a nice comeback in the second, 3 straight goals against Bishop, 5-4 Sharks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Another nice giveaway by Karlsson , right to Stepan who scores with 4 seconds left in the second,3-1 Rags. He's like a forward who plays defence, lots of offence, defence well........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sharks make a nice comeback in the second, 3 straight goals against Bishop, 5-4 Sharks.

[/QUOTE]

Even better, StLouis gets four to start the game including a natural trick between the end of the first and the first 2 min of the second, and then Pavelski comes back and closes out the second period with his own natural trick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Leafs Habs tonight.  I particularly don't like this Leafs team, but even so, of course I'd rather see the Habs lose.  And should the Habs win, I can live with that v. the Leafs.  

Win win for me tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Leafs Habs tonight.  I particularly don't like this Leafs team, but even so, of course I'd rather see the Habs lose.  And should the Habs win, I can live with that v. the Leafs.  

Win win for me tonight.

[/QUOTE]

As long as there is no OT, one has to win regrettably, but they both don't need to get points.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Win win for me tonight.

[/QUOTE]

So far you're getting your wish either way. With 11 seconds left in the second, Gionta just scored to bring the Habs within one making it 3-2 Toronto.  

A nice sight seated directly behind Therrien is a guy in a Cheevers mask wearing a Bruin jersey circa 1928/29.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Have to state ... Mason Raymond for $1m is a steal.... What were all the other teams thinking?

PC couldn't get this guy for 3rd line ? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have to state ... Mason Raymond for $1m is a steal.... What were all the other teams thinking?

PC couldn't get this guy for 3rd line ? 

[/QUOTE]

Mason Raymond, yah, meh, yah...

noticed several throw back goalie masks next to the Cheever guy.

I hope this guys ends 22-21, I just love seeing one of these teams disappointed after a goal doesn't matter which.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

They're playing "Gonna Fly Now" in Vancouver.  The Flames and Canucks started their fourth lines.  Soon as the puck was dropped Sestito and McGratton go at it, Westgarth, at center grabs Bieksa who stepped in to take the opening draw but Bieksa didn't engage him, Blair Jones vs Dale Weise, Garrison vs Chris Butler.

All after just 2 seconds of the first.  Cameras showed Tortorella going ballistic screaming at Hartley who initially wasn't paying him any mind. Refs are trying to get the situation sorted. Vancouver ends up with the PP.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Another lively scrum behind the net. Flames' Lance Bouma got a deep cut just under his lower eyelid.  Zack Kassian got in a couple of hard lefts on the guy while Bouma's arms were being held by a linesman. Bouma went nuts.  Came hard at Kassian but had officials in between.  He's gone in for repairs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

Another lively scrum behind the net. Flames' Lance Bouma got a deep cut just under his lower eyelid.  Zack Kassian got in a couple of hard lefts on the guy while Bouma's arms were being held by a linesman. Bouma went nuts.  Came hard at Kassian but had officials in between.  He's gone in for repairs.

[/QUOTE]

Torts went to the hallway by the Flames dressing room in between the 1st & 2nd periods,got into it with Flames goalie coach Clint Malarchuk and other Flames coaches, McGratton was there as well, should be some heavy fines coming.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Torts went to the hallway by the Flames dressing room in between the 1st & 2nd periods,got into it with Flames goalie coach Clint Malarchuk and other Flames coaches, McGratton was there as well, should be some heavy fines coming.

[/QUOTE]

Caught the video post-game.  That was one packed corridor.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Detroit ties LA in the final seconds on a goal that hits the mesh and drops down on Quick's back and in the net! Detroit gets the extra point in the SO. WOW!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:[QUOTE] Detroit ties LA in the final seconds on a goal that hits the mesh and drops down on Quick's back and in the net! Detroit gets the extra point in the SO. WOW! [/QUOTE]

Quick and Howard got into it after the 1st period. LA made no attempts to ease up on running goalie the past two weeks. The Kings have become the new Vancouver of the west. I'm really starting to dislike their antics behind the play.

I'm glad Detroit got the extra point.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Torts will...or should be suspended. I agree with his counter of his starting lineup 100% & to his explaination of it in his interview, but you can't take things off the ice. If Torts had his players being "undiciplined" & taking bad penalties. What would he do to that player, or say about him? He needs to show composure, restraint & yes discipline from going after the Flames coaching staff.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:[QUOTE] Detroit ties LA in the final seconds on a goal that hits the mesh and drops down on Quick's back and in the net! Detroit gets the extra point in the SO. WOW! [/QUOTE]

Quick and Howard got into it after the 1st period. LA made no attempts to ease up on running goalie the past two weeks. The Kings have become the new Vancouver of the west. I'm really starting to dislike their antics behind the play.

I'm glad Detroit got the extra point.

[/QUOTE]

I hear ya on the Kings liberties San but I really like when the NHL "gets things right". This puck was not borderline over the glass where there was a chance of being missed. Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could have done a better job than the crew that was there last night. The league reviews just about everything else -- too bad this was not reviewable. If think if the B's took a loss after something like that -- I'd be buying a new TV today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I like watching the Isles, down 3-1 to the Rags and they come back to take the lead in the 3rd. I want them to get the #8 spot and take out the Penguins.

What a finish to the game!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I like watching the Isles, down 3-1 to the Rags and they come back to take the lead in the 3rd. I want them to get the #8 spot and take out the Penguins.

What a finish to the game!

Every eastern team in the mix keeps winning and the Scabs keep losing is a great recipe for the Scabs to miss the playoffs, that would be great  to my way of thinking. They'll likely make it but it would be nice to see them squirm a bit. The Lerfs win tonight and their tied wth Montreal, it didn't seem so long ago that TO couldn't win a game and then came that victory over the B's and presto.

Sections
Shortcuts