2013/14 Around the League Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: 2013/14 Around the League Tracker

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dion Phaneuf just hammered a guy with a big-time check. Patrick Marleau was carrying the puck and gathering speed through the neutral zone. JVR was right behind him, trying to delay his progress.

Phaneuf had Marleau lined up cutting across diagonally and instead absolutely smoked Van Rymsdyk who immediately crumpled to the ice, laying face down for a few minutes. He went to the locker room. Hopefully with no head issues. It's now Sharks leading 6-2 late in the third period.

[/QUOTE]

I see Phaneuf wanted to drop em' with Marty Havlat but Marty declined.Go figure that he would pick Havlat.

[/QUOTE]

I admit I was thinking the same thing, 50.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

4 - ZILCHO Flyers ovah the dirty birds. Sid is -3 (and one Flyers goal came on the PP).

Boom Shakalaka!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4 - ZILCHO Flyers ovah the dirty birds. Sid is -3 (and one Flyers goal came on the PP).

Boom Shakalaka!

[/QUOTE]

The Pens have no goalie,no defence and are battling injuries,not looking too good right now.Hope they get the Flyers in the first round.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The Habs just cannot beat the Sens. Ottawa is just taking it to them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wow, Habs come back to tie it with 1 second left after being down 4-1.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Refs totally boned Ottawa... any slight bump to Price is called but Lehner got run all night

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

if the refs keep rewarding players for diving, we will never see the end of this!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Wow what a botch job by the refs in MTL,great job Eric Furlatt. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm not a blame the refs guy, or a conspiracy guy either, but what is it about Saturday night games in Montreal that just make the refs act like that?

It's crazy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not a blame the refs guy, or a conspiracy guy either, but what is it about Saturday night games in Montreal that just make the refs act like that?

It's crazy.

[/QUOTE]

I know Kel,i'm one who seldom will use the refs as an excuse as i believe excuses are for losers but over the years if i've ever questioned it,it been in Montreal,that game was unbelievably badly reffed.Right from the get go on the contact with Price and he practically leaps like he's been run over,it was a joke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What botch job? Looks to me like the refs have continued the tradition of helping the Scabs, as much as they can.

Behind, late in a game, and need a powerplay? No problem, refs makeup a "pretend" penalty off the next faceoff.

Still need help scoring? Just interfeer with their goalie. We will "pretend" not to notice.

Need help in overtime? Just keep hitting the goalie pads. Puck should eventually pop out.

Good Job! Let's all get home safe now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What botch job? Looks to me like the refs have continued the tradition of helping the Scabs, as much as they can.

Behind, late in a game, and need a powerplay? No problem, refs makeup a "pretend" penalty off the next faceoff.

Still need help scoring? Just interfeer with their goalie. We will "pretend" not to notice.

Need help in overtime? Just keep hitting the goalie pads. Puck should eventually pop out.

Good Job! Let's all get home safe now.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah,situation normal.Scabs on a bit of a skid,playoff standing in jeopardy and needing 2 pts to right the ship,presto there you go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Just glad it wasn't the B's playing them or i'd have a sore stomach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm still sick... so tired of the double-standard.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

When Spezza asked the ref why he didnt blow the whistle when Lehner had the puck he told Spezza "it was too loud"...LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

When Spezza asked the ref why he didnt blow the whistle when Lehner had the puck he told Spezza "it was too loud"...LOL

[/QUOTE]

As good of an excuse as any.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Another thing i noticed,Price found out he's not playing in front of Team Canada's defence anymore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

[QUOTE]

It's crazy.

[/QUOTE]

Eric Furlatt born in Trois-Rivières, Quebec............thats why

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Watching the Flames in Phoenix with the home side leading 3-2 with under a minute to go in regulation. Calgary just doesn't quit. They were down 2-0 and evened the scored with a dominant second period.

The Coyotes had control of the game for the early part of the third in getting the go-ahead goal but the Flames have hustled like hell to make themselves tough to knock off. It's a final. Phoenix 3-2.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Another thing i noticed,Price found out he's not playing in front of Team Canada's defence anymore.

[/QUOTE]

He had some rust for sure but he settled down and made some key saves that allowed them to come back.No defense should be giving up 6 breakaways in one game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Coyote Paul Bissonette was one of the guests on HNIC's After Hours segment. Had no idea he was that funny. And generous. He's got a foundation in Phoenix for families in challenging circumstances.

He arranged for tour buses to pick them up, bring them to the arena, they were given stipends so they could eat whatever they wanted at the concessions stands and catch the game using tickets donated by the team. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He had some rust for sure but he settled down and made some key saves that allowed them to come back.No defense should be giving up 6 breakaways in one game.

[/QUOTE]

That and the little thing mentioned about the reffing of course.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I guess Therrien said after the game that Price won't be accompanying the team to Buffalo,must have reaggravated something.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Refs totally boned Ottawa... any slight bump to Price is called but Lehner got run all night

[/QUOTE]

Normally home watching but picked up updates on phone of last 3 minutes. Saw the tying goal was on the PP. Totally predicted exactally what you posted above. Sens blew it starting at 4 - 1 score so it shows you can't count the Habs out -- EVER.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fiction ^^^^^.

Watching the game , both penalties called against the Sens on Price were deserved.

1) Hemsky and Price both ended up in the net......after Hemsky did his impersonation of a runaway freight train.

2) Spezza trying to cut in front of Price turned him sideways.

Both penalties by the definition of the rule.

As far as running Lehner all night........what game were you watching ?..........didn't see any of that at all.

P.S. I hate the Habs......................... but not enough to make things up in what I've seen.

Sections
Shortcuts