2013/14 Around the League Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: 2013/14 Around the League Tracker

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Refs totally boned Ottawa... any slight bump to Price is called but Lehner got run all night

Fiction ^^^^^.

Watching the game , both penalties called against the Sens on Price were deserved.

1) Hemsky and Price both ended up in the net......after Hemsky did his impersonation of a runaway freight train.

2) Spezza trying to cut in front of Price turned him sideways.

Both penalties by the definition of the rule.

As far as running Lehner all night........what game were you watching ?..........didn't see any of that at all.

P.S. I hate the Habs......................... but not enough to make things up in what I've seen.

Ok, we disagree. And, I may have exaggerated but I certainly didn't make anything up... the Spezza bump to Price didn't spin him around, Price did that and then threw himself on the ice. Shameful. My concern is more about the disparity in the refs calling penalties. Habs had 7 PP to Ottawas 3... coincidence? Habs still had to win it, so good for them, but sure looked like the refs wanted them to have every chance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

the Spezza bump to Price didn't spin him around, Price did that and then threw himself on the ice. Shameful. 

[/QUOTE]

With the Sens having possession of the puck.......... Price did this on his own ?

Uh......ya........okay.

Next time you watch a Habs game ............don't be so neutral.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

When Spezza asked the ref why he didnt blow the whistle when Lehner had the puck he told Spezza "it was too loud"...LOL

What was even better was when the ref pointed to the puck the other night and of course the player then punched the puck in for a goal.

I've never seen that and never heard what you just mentioned.

That is just brutal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

With the Sens having possession of the puck.......... Price did this on his own ?

Uh......ya........okay.

Next time you watch a Habs game ............don't be so neutral.

Of course you're right, what was I thinking?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Of course you're right, what was I thinking?

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.........appreciate your honesty. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's fun watching MAF so I can clearly see what goalies shouldn't do. Yes Flyers beat the Dirty Birds up and beat them. Hartnell just put a great hit on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

It's fun watching MAF so I can clearly see what goalies shouldn't do. Yes Flyers beat the Dirty Birds up and beat them. Hartnell just put a great hit on.

Yeah MAF chased in the 1st,Flyers making the Pens look average,home crowd not happy. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Refs totally boned Ottawa... any slight bump to Price is called but Lehner got run all night

Fiction ^^^^^.

Watching the game , both penalties called against the Sens on Price were deserved.

1) Hemsky and Price both ended up in the net......after Hemsky did his impersonation of a runaway freight train.

2) Spezza trying to cut in front of Price turned him sideways.

Both penalties by the definition of the rule.

As far as running Lehner all night........what game were you watching ?..........didn't see any of that at all.

P.S. I hate the Habs......................... but not enough to make things up in what I've seen.

The goalie stuff is going to be called anywhere. I agree with that. The one that really got me was Lehner having the puck covered. Whistle should have been blown. When I'm not watching the B's I root for the Habs, I thought that was lame. Puck is out of sight and just look at Lehners body language. The excuse the ref gave was poor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The goalie stuff is going to be called anywhere. I agree with that. The one that really got me was Lehner having the puck covered. Whistle should have been blown. When I'm not watching the B's I root for the Habs, I thought that was lame. Puck is out of sight and just look at Lehners body language. The excuse the ref gave was poor.

Careful Kel, if you disagree with Chowda you're not being neutral.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I guess Therrien said after the game that Price won't be accompanying the team to Buffalo,must have reaggravated something.

Therrien announced that Price did not make the trip to Buffalo........but on a positive note he said that the refs from the Ottawa game made it to Buffalo............

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:

I guess Therrien said after the game that Price won't be accompanying the team to Buffalo,must have reaggravated something.

Therrien announced that Price did not make the trip to Buffalo........but on a positive note he said that the refs from the Ottawa game made it to Buffalo............

Haha, no kidding.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Yeah MAF chased in the 1st,Flyers making the Pens look average,home crowd not happy. 

And the Flyers beat them again today.  Sweet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Letang cleared to practice with the Pens on Monday,glad to hear he's regained his health,scary stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

When Spezza asked the ref why he didnt blow the whistle when Lehner had the puck he told Spezza "it was too loud"...LOL

I was at the game and yes it was loud, just like it was loud when the Bruins came back from 4-1 on the Leafs.  What I don't get is what does loud have to do with losing site or not of the puck ?  Ref should have had intent to whistle the play dead when he first covered it up , by then not sure what Hab speared the puck out and then yes it was free. I'm not in the refs head therefore can't say for sure  if the play should been blown dead.

What astonishes me is how everytime a Hab falls the 20 000 refs in the stands are screaming for a call.  It worked in the end with Markov going down so easily with a minute left in the game gets the call. 

Those refs looked like deers in headlights on the jumbrotron, so funny.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I was at the game and yes it was loud, just like it was loud when the Bruins came back from 4-1 on the Leafs.  What I don't get is what does loud have to do with losing site or not of the puck ?  Ref should have had intent to whistle the play dead when he first covered it up , by then not sure what Hab speared the puck out and then yes it was free. I'm not in the refs head therefore can't say for sure  if the play should been blown dead.

What astonishes me is how everytime a Hab falls the 20 000 refs in the stands are screaming for a call.  It worked in the end with Markov going down so easily with a minute left in the game gets the call. 

Those refs looked like deers in headlights on the jumbrotron, so funny.

Thats the one that really took the cake,Scabs down a goal,Markov takes an obvious dive,hooking on Turris.I said to my son before the penalty that with the Scabs down a goal at home there will be a phantom call guaranteed and before the last word was out of my mouth,Bob's your uncle.It happens so often its not even funny.Even though the game was played in Boston,one need not look any further than Bergy's hooking call on Wizniewski in game 7/2011 with less than 2 mins.I think i called that one correctly too ,its not too hard to predict,even Stanley could do it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Love that Flyers over Penguins back to back.  Few interesting games tonight with Luongo-bowl going to the shootout (closest thing to head to head goalies), Vanek goes back to Buffalo and gets shut out again, and the Laffs take a loss they can't afford.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Love that Flyers over Penguins back to back.  Few interesting games tonight with Luongo-bowl going to the shootout (closest thing to head to head goalies), Vanek goes back to Buffalo and gets shut out again, and the Laffs take a loss they can't afford.

Not to mention Red's beloved Jets taking it to the Stars,up 5-2 in the 3rd. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Speaking of Vanek , What a pathetic effort last night , on at least 2 occasions , he was caught gliding into the defensive zone ....I got a good chuckle over it . The two hab fans sitting Beside didn't see the humor in it . 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with agreeing with me. 

It's about pointing out the inaccuracy of other's comments. Your comments regarding the goaltenders ( especially the Price/Spezza incident ) in that game were of that variety. 

I have seen no reply from you, to the point I made, justifying why Price would do that to himself with the Sens having puck possession. ( What I have seen is crybaby comments about me. ) 

Why ? 

Because it wouldn't make any sense with the Sens holding the puck.

This is just another faking /diving goaltender conspiracy theory that got the rented mule treatment............again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

It has nothing to do with agreeing with me. 

It's about pointing out the inaccuracy of other's comments. Your comments regarding the goaltenders ( especially the Price/Spezza incident ) in that game were of that variety. 

I have seen no reply from you, to the point I made, justifying why Price would do that to himself with the Sens having puck possession. ( What I have seen is crybaby comments about me. ) 

Why ? 

Because it wouldn't make any sense with the Sens holding the puck.

This is just another faking /diving goaltender conspiracy theory that got the rented mule treatment............agai

So it's beyond possible that price was trying to draw the call even if the sens had the puck? You must have a direct connection to prices brain unlike others .

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

So it's beyond possible that price was trying to draw the call even if the sens had the puck? You must have a direct connection to prices brain unlike others .

[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is that Price would put himself out of position leaving an open net by falling to the ice on his own ..........just so that he might draw a penalty from the ref. 

And if he didn't get a whistle he was expecting, this might be the direct connection to Price's brain waves that I'd get.

Price to himself: "Hey here's a good time to take a dive to draw a penalty".

Falls to the ice leaving a wide open net with the Sens having the puck.

Price to himself: " Okay ref blow the whistle. I'm doing a swan dive that looked pretty damn believable. You have to blow the whistle. Blow the whistle . Blow the whistle "

Silence as far as hearing a whistle. Sens fans go wild in celebrating an easy open net goal. 

Price to himself: " Oh fawk, I guess diving doesn't guarantee getting a call ".

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Price to himself: "Hey here's a good time to take a dive to draw a penalty".

Price to himself: " Oh fawk, I guess diving doesn't guarantee getting a call ".

In Montreal your odds are pretty good judging from games i have seen in the past,especially with a French referee.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Blues vs Jets -- Sobotka -- the human cannon ball gets under the skin of big Buff. Five plus minute mele at end of game that wouldn't stop. Every time the refs thought they had it under control -- it would resurface. Give refs credit -- they kept it to a lot of dancing and head locking. Reaves looked possessed and almost got to a few Jet players including a very tired looking Byfuglien. No surprise -- Lapierre simply wrestles Jokinen to the ice and gets up like he just won a prize fight.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

WooHoo!

Segs just tied it up with the Pens.

From the box score it looked like the Stars were getting spanked.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Vanek scored for the Scabs,open the floodgates,haha.

• Sections
    Shortcuts