2013/14 Around the League Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: 2013/14 Around the League Tracker

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Heard about this odd stat the other day. 

Ryan O'Reilly of the Avalanche ( a gritty player ) picked up his first minor of the season a week ago. 

75 games..........2 minutes in penalties. 

Seems unrealistic for a player who has that type of game.

Fletch brought this up on another thread recently - I don't recall which one, but it was right around the time O'Reilly took the penalty because Fletch said he had 0 PiM.  I thought that was impossible, checked it out, and saw he had 2 PiM.  It really is amazing either way.

Even more amazing, I thought, was a D with 47 games played without a PiM.  Rob Scuderi was there at the time I looked, but I see he now has his first 2 min.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Suddenly Blue Jackets, even with the choke to Chicago, 2 pts behind Philly, same amount of games,  for 3rd in their conference?  B's could find themselves playing the Flyers first round.

And even the Devils aren't really dead yet.

I don't know about catching the Flyers - the Flyers have the tie-breakers, so it's really a 3 point lead with 8 possible points in play for both teams.  But in all the blah blah about the Laffs (because it's fun to watch them choke again...and again...and again...), people keep writing off the Devils (see above) and as of today they are tied with the Laffs in points with two key factors weighing in their favour - they have one more game to play, and they have all of their wins in regulation or OT.  Haven't won one shootout all year, so they have 16 loser points, but will win the tiebreak with the Laffs if necessary because of ROW.

Columbus is three up on both, but the magic number for Toronto to be out is any combination of 2 points by the BJs or 2 points lost by Toronto because the 'Jackets have the tie-breakers  (both ROW and head to head).  The Devils have 8 points left, so that magic number is 5 - 4 right now because of the ROW, but it's a difference of 1 there, so that might not matter.  Columbus would take the second tiebreaker with 6 points head to head to Jersey's 3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Fletch brought this up on another thread recently - I don't recall which one, but it was right around the time O'Reilly took the penalty because Fletch said he had 0 PiM.  I thought that was impossible, checked it out, and saw he had 2 PiM.  It really is amazing either way.

Even more amazing, I thought, was a D with 47 games played without a PiM.  Rob Scuderi was there at the time I looked, but I see he now has his first 2 min.

Yeah, like 80% of my posts, Bookboy found a mistake to correct....sonnovabitch.

The Scuderi stat is amazing.  I can only conclude that his NCAA background has given him the edge as a defensmen, to outsmart his opponents.  We've seen it a million times.

The other neat stat with O'Reilly are the takaways, as he's tops in the league there.  You would think the guys who are leaders in takeaways would have a bunch of minor penalties for tripping, hooking, or whatever.  Datsyuk has the same crazy ratio of takaways with practically no penalties, but very few do.

If you look at leaders in giveaways, two former Bruins are in the top 6 - Kessel, Thornton.

Hmmmm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

TakeTheBait2013New

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Tne Nucks are officially out,oh woe is me,the end is nigh............and Null is somewhere in Canada muttering about Gregory's daddy and the corrupt NHLOA,....Lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In the category of awesome sports quotes, I just saw this beauty from Troy Brouwer:

“It’s a pretty scary stat that we’re having trouble winning games where we don’t outscore teams"

Sage words...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Blue Jackets start a stretch where they have 4 games in the next 5 nights. When was the last time that happened.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And in other news...

It's starting to look like Kessel won't crack the 40 goal mark.  Wow.  Just wow.  And Marco will still claim autocup if the Bruins had him.

Seguin might crack 40 before Kessel does.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In the category of awesome sports quotes, I just saw this beauty from Troy Brouwer:

“It’s a pretty scary stat that we’re having trouble winning games where we don’t outscore teams"

Sage words...

Thats scary alright,very scary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Ben Bishop left the Leaf game with a lower body injury. If it's serious Lindback better learn how to play net the way he used to in Nashville. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Or it will be Scabs in 4 straight, unfortuately.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I also might add. Ryan Miller has looked human in his last 4 or 5 starts. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Blue Jackets start a stretch where they have 4 games in the next 5 nights. When was the last time that happened.

Problem is, they keep winning them.  Another win in OT tonight. they are 1 point behind Det for 7th, who plays Stl and Pitt in 2 of their last 3.

Columbus switching places with Detroit at the very end changing the Bruins matchup sounds very familiar to a certain Bos/Washington opening series recently.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Watching visiting Toronto Maybe Next Years vs the Sens. No score in the second. Jim Hughson just said "Right now the game has all the intensity of a bubble bath." He's right except for Greening just laying a big hit on Phaneuf near the corner end boards. 

Sections
Shortcuts