2013-14 Bruin 30-goal Scorers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

2013-14 Bruin 30-goal Scorers?

Looking back at the B's recent history, they have been fairly light on 30-goal scorers.  In fact, since the 2004-05 strike, only 3 players have reached the mark (Marchand was on a 30-goal pace LY):

Year Player Goals # of 30-goal scorers 2012-13 Marchand 32 27 2011-12 Seguin 29 30 2010-11 Lucic 30 29 2009-10 Sturm 22 24 2008-09 Kessel 36 39 2007-08 Sturm 27 28 2006-07 Murray 28 42 2005-06 Bergeron 31 47 2004-05 N/A N/A N/A 2003-04 Murray 32 20 2002-03 Murray 44 30   Thornton 36     Knuble 30  

Thinking about Lucic, Marchand, Iginla & Eriksson; there is a good chance for at least 1 if not multiple 30-goal guys this year.  Thats has not happened since 2002-03.

I am pretty bullish on the group, going with Lucic, Eriksson & Iginla to all reach 30.

What do folks think of the top-6 outlook and the chances for some goals next year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: 2013-14 Bruin 30-goal Scorers?

sorry for the look of the table, couldn't get it to format properly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I think anyone in the top 6 is capable, but it's hard to predict. Eriksson probably has the best chance out of all of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I think anyone in the top 6 is capable, but it's hard to predict. Eriksson probably has the best chance out of all of them.

Eriksson and Fat can do it. Marchand could make hit the 30 mark as well.

I don't know why I can't see Bergeron doing it again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think Bergeron might just have a career year next year playing with Eriksson and a mature Marchand.  He was on a 34 goal pace through the 22 playoff games.  I think he has just a fraction of a second more jump on offense knowing Eriksson is a very conscientious winger - and, frankly, a more consistent passer than Seguin.  30 goals could happen.  When's the last time all three guys on a line for the Bruins had 30?  (2002-03 and the 700lb line - Knuble 30, Thornton 36, Murray 44)

I'm obviously bullish on the second line.  I think Eriksson is the best winger Bergeron's ever had, and Marchand led the team in goals and points last year.  And Bergeron is Bergeron, so....  If I'm scripting it in my head, that line goes absolutely nuts with career years across the board.  And Fat and Iginla combine for 60+ even if they don't both top 30.  That would make Krejci close to a point/game player and give him a career year, too.

Jeez, you'd think I had fruity pebbles and sunny D for breakfast or something.  Everybody looks like an all-star in August.

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Fat.

Svelte

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think iggy gets 30.  No one else.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Eriksson and Marchand

Fatty Fatty Fat fats gets 20.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It all depends on how improved the PP is this year, if they can get it over 20% then someone will have a shot at 30 - probably Loi and Fat.  Also, let's hope for a lot of one goal games in order to increase the chance for empty netters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

maybe the guy who has 11 straight 30 goal seasons when a full season was played. All the top 6 wingers have a pretty good chance. I think Marchand and Iginla definitely will, with Lucic and Eriksson having a good shot. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

maybe the guy who has 11 straight 30 goal seasons when a full season was played. All the top 6 wingers have a pretty good chance. I think Marchand and Iginla definitely will, with Lucic and Eriksson having a good shot. 

If you follow the arc of his scoring trajectory by season, it doesn't get you 30 next year.  He would need to have a rebound year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

[QUOTE]

If you follow the arc of his scoring trajectory by season, it doesn't get you 30 next year.  He would need to have a rebound year.

[/QUOTE]

i disagree. it looked like he had regressed into barely a 30 goal scorer before hand and then he whips out a 43 goal season. And this was with a very poor team. Playing with Bergeron or Krejci he's a lock for 30 if he plays 75+ games. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i disagree. it looked like he had regressed into barely a 30 goal scorer before hand and then he whips out a 43 goal season. And this was with a very poor team. Playing with Bergeron or Krejci he's a lock for 30 if he plays 75+ games. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, He's now 36 and he was definitely off of the 30 goal pace last season.  He was also well off of the 30 goal pace during the playoffs, while playing with the best offensive players in the world.

I think he'll have a good season next year, and who knows, maybe it will be a bounce back year.  but it certainly isn't a "lock" that he gets 30.  He think we are just hoping he will fill the shoes of Nathan Horton who held about a 25 goal per season pace there over the past 3 years (same spot with Krejci).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well, He's now 36 and he was definitely off of the 30 goal pace last season.  He was also well off of the 30 goal pace during the playoffs, while playing with the best offensive players in the world.

I think he'll have a good season next year, and who knows, maybe it will be a bounce back year.  but it certainly isn't a "lock" that he gets 30.  He think we are just hoping he will fill the shoes of Nathan Horton who held about a 25 goal per season pace there over the past 3 years (same spot with Krejci).

[/QUOTE]

he scored at a 22 goal per 82 game season pace in the playoffs, playing the off wing. I think we can all agree that the penguins just disappeared against the boston series. so if you take those 4 games out he scored at a 30 goal per 82 game pace. I think Iginla traditionally puts up the majority of his points in the 2nd half of the season, so 14 goals for him through 44 games isn't too far off for him. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fletch,

i think the pens used him wrong.  He had no role other then being a star player.  It was a bad fit there.  I think he returns to 30.  He will get plenty of ice time.   Never has he had a player like dk as a center.  Hes also playing for another contract.  I think the bergie line will start slow.  I think the dk line starts out on fire.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Shero should have ordered Iggy to the 4th instead. 2 points per game for sure!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Im on record saying iggy leads team in goals.   Hopefully he doesnt have his notorious slow start.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Fletch,

i think the pens used him wrong.  He had no role other then being a star player.  It was a bad fit there.  I think he returns to 30.  He will get plenty of ice time.   Never has he had a player like dk as a center.  Hes also playing for another contract.  I think the bergie line will start slow.  I think the dk line starts out on fire.   

They played him for the most part, on his off wing as well. Then, first game in Crosby gets hurt and the lines were effected. New position, new teammates had to have something to do with it. A full training camp on a likne with DK he will be fine.
    I also think DK gets career highs in goals and assists this year. Not sure if he'll hit 30, that may be a stretch, but wouldnt shock me if Lucic and Iginla both get 30.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

Fletch,

i think the pens used him wrong.  He had no role other then being a star player.  It was a bad fit there.  I think he returns to 30.  He will get plenty of ice time.   Never has he had a player like dk as a center.  Hes also playing for another contract.  I think the bergie line will start slow.  I think the dk line starts out on fire.   

They played him for the most part, on his off wing as well. Then, first game in Crosby gets hurt and the lines were effected. New position, new teammates had to have something to do with it. A full training camp on a likne with DK he will be fine.
    I also think DK gets career highs in goals and assists this year. Not sure if he'll hit 30, that may be a stretch, but wouldnt shock me if Lucic and Iginla both get 30.

[/QUOTE]

Iggy far better suited for the bruins style.   He is the best pure goal scorer we have seen in a while.  Playing with dk and lucic is gonna be like drinking from the fountain of youth.  Hes getting 30.  And a good chunk of those will be ppg.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fletch,

[/QUOTE]

Iggy far better suited for the bruins style.   He is the best pure goal scorer we have seen in a while.  Playing with dk and lucic is gonna be like drinking from the fountain of youth.  Hes getting 30.  And a good chunk of those will be ppg.  

[/QUOTE]

completely agree. honestly if you said to me "which is more likely in your opinion, iginla getting under 30, or getting 40+" I would pick the latter (assuming he's somewhat healthy)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Given CJ's defense first, roll 4 lines system, a 40 goal scorer would be unlikely IMO.  Possible, but very unlikely.  However, if the PP improves significantly then anything is possible.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm not nearly as hopeful with Iginla as some.  I agree with Fletch - if he gives them a good Nathan Horton year and gets close to 30, and makes Lucic and Krejci better in the process, I'm good with that.  I think Fat gets 32 and Iginal 28 or something like that.  He just doesn't have the same explosiveness he once had.  I do think he's an upgrade on Horton, though.

As for the PP - he gets 30+ when he hits 10ppg.  I mean, across his career, he only has three years with fewer than 10 and his worst full season total is 7.  8 has been good for the lead with the Bruins over the last few years, and no one has hit 10 ppg since both Chara and Ryder did it in 08-09.  Savard had 9 that year, too.  But let's not assume this means Iginla solves the PP. He could get sucked into the black hole just as easily as he could help it improve.

Are you not entertained?!?!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I'm not nearly as hopeful with Iginla as some. I think Fat gets 32 and Iginal 28 or something like that.

I hope AL from "Happy Days" gets 28 as well "Ha-cha-cha-cha"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

he scored at a 22 goal per 82 game season pace in the playoffs, playing the off wing. I think we can all agree that the penguins just disappeared against the boston series. so if you take those 4 games out he scored at a 30 goal per 82 game pace. I think Iginla traditionally puts up the majority of his points in the 2nd half of the season, so 14 goals for him through 44 games isn't too far off for him. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you take out the games in which he didn't score, he could be on a 30 goal pace, or more.  Lots of players do that if you remove their slumps.  Unfortunately though, he did play in those games and he played with a ton of talent around him (since we're writing off Calgary numbers based on the lack of surrounding talent too).  He failed to score.  There might be excuses in Boston too.  Bottom line though, right?

Now you're saying 40+?? Wow, I hope you're right.  I would love to eat crow on this.  But recent statistics don't support that outcome at all.  I know the Bruins are a pretty good fit and Calgary was down and out, but Iginla can expect a little less ice time on the Bruins (with other good lines) and he can probably expect less PP time than he got in Calgary, I would think.  We're talking about 6 forwards with a crack at 30 goals here, that means some sharing of ice time and opportunities.

I'm going to continue to hope for Nathan Horton production.