2013-14 Bruin 30-goal Scorers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: 2013-14 Bruin 30-goal Scorers?

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:[QUOTE]

I'm not nearly as hopeful with Iginla as some. I think Fat gets 32 and Iginal 28 or something like that.

I hope AL from "Happy Days" gets 28 as well "Ha-cha-cha-cha"

[/QUOTE]

Jarome has really let himself go.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

he scored at a 22 goal per 82 game season pace in the playoffs, playing the off wing. I think we can all agree that the penguins just disappeared against the boston series. so if you take those 4 games out he scored at a 30 goal per 82 game pace.I think Iginla traditionally puts up the majority of his points in the 2nd half of the season, so 14 goals for him through 44 games isn't too far off for him. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you take out the games in which he didn't score, he could be on a 30 goal pace, or more.  Lots of players do that if you remove their slumps.  Unfortunately though, he did play in those games and he played with a ton of talent around him (since we're writing off Calgary numbers based on the lack of surrounding talent too).  He failed to score.  There might be excuses in Boston too.  Bottom line though, right?

Now you're saying 40+?? Wow, I hope you're right.  I would love to eat crow on this.  But recent statistics don't support that outcome at all.  I know the Bruins are a pretty good fit and Calgary was down and out, but Iginla can expect a little less ice time on the Bruins (with other good lines) and he can probably expect less PP time than he got in Calgary, I would think.  We're talking about 6 forwards with a crack at 30 goals here, that means some sharing of ice time and opportunities.

I'm going to continue to hope for Nathan Horton production. 

[/QUOTE]

if iginla slumped but the pittsburgh team played fine in those 4 games i wouldn't have made that point. Of course I'm not suggesting just take out his slumping games. That series was weird. Really weird. 

Also, I didn't say he was going to get fourty, I don't think he is going to get fourty. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Iggy is as consistant as there is out there.  He had14 in half a year.  30 the previous year and 40 the year before that.  I think his playoffs were really bad but the guy has been a virtual lock every year for 30.  Stats show this.  He is a notoriously slow starter and then takes off.  Playing with a legit top line center and a guy who plays like old iggy will only help.   I have noticed a decline in his explosive play but his shot is still one of the best in the game.  New city, new team and a chance at a cup and im on record as saying he cracks 30.   Nothing in recent history shows me anything different.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Iggy is as consistant as there is out there.  He had14 in half a year.  30 the previous year and 40 the year before that.  I think his playoffs were really bad but the guy has been a virtual lock every year for 30.  Stats show this.  He is a notoriously slow starter and then takes off.  Playing with a legit top line center and a guy who plays like old iggy will only help.   I have noticed a decline in his explosive play but his shot is still one of the best in the game.  New city, new team and a chance at a cup and im on record as saying he cracks 30.   Nothing in recent history shows me anything different.   

Add that to the fact that he's on an incentive based one year deal, a bad taste in his mouth from last years playoffs, good chance to win the cup, back to right wing on a line that suits him and those to me are the ingredients found in the fountain of youth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

Add that to the fact that he's on an incentive based one year deal, a bad taste in his mouth from last years playoffs, good chance to win the cup, back to right wing on a line that suits him and those to me are the ingredients found in the fountain of youth.

[/QUOTE]

Thats why hes a lock for 30.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I won't exactly be surprised if he gets 30, I just don't think it is a lock.  I expect him to replace Horton and will be happy with 25 goals.  If he surpasses 30, I think Chia made another brilliant move by letting Horton walk and replacing him with a guy who scores more, didn't cost more money, and didn't have to be traded for. 

Hope you guys are right.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I won't exactly be surprised if he gets 30, I just don't think it is a lock.  I expect him to replace Horton and will be happy with 25 goals.  If he surpasses 30, I think Chia made another brilliant move by letting Horton walk and replacing him with a guy who scores more, didn't cost more money, and didn't have to be traded for. 

Hope you guys are right.

Hes a better pure scorer then anyone on the current roster.  His shot is disgusting good.   Mark him down for 82 gms and a spread of 30-30.  Possibly more.  He was essentially on pace for that last year.  Slow start- strong finish.  He does it every year.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"disgusting good"

That's disgusting!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I think Marchand, Lucic, Erickson, and Iginla are all capable of doing it.  I think Inginla and Erickson actually both will.  Possibly marchand as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeyfan123. Show Hockeyfan123's posts

Chara 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Ericksson and Fat will both get 30 goals, Iginla should get 26-27 and Marchand 25

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020