2013-2014 Schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: 2013-2014 Schedule

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In regards to the Bruins, I like the old Adams Division rivalries as much as the next guy, but it is still odd that the Bruins 4 closest opponents geographically are not in their division (NYR, NYI, NJ, Phil).  Is there any other team that can say that?

shupe, does every thread have to feature your fascinating opinion on Rask?

The two Florida teams and maybe Denver?

[/QUOTE]

Huh?  Florida and Tampa are in the same division...right?

And Denver has St. Louis and Dallas (nobody is close)

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant those as a pair to everyone else - but you're right, they have at least one that's the closest. And with Colorado, they're so in the middle of nowhere compared to the other teams, I wasn't sure how the distances worked out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In regards to the Bruins, I like the old Adams Division rivalries as much as the next guy, but it is still odd that the Bruins 4 closest opponents geographically are not in their division (NYR, NYI, NJ, Phil).  Is there any other team that can say that?

shupe, does every thread have to feature your fascinating opinion on Rask?

The two Florida teams and maybe Denver?

[/QUOTE]

Huh?  Florida and Tampa are in the same division...right?

And Denver has St. Louis and Dallas (nobody is close)

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant those as a pair to everyone else - but you're right, they have at least one that's the closest. And with Colorado, they're so in the middle of nowhere compared to the other teams, I wasn't sure how the distances worked out.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Avs don't have another team within 750 miles.  There are no bus trips.

The Bruins can't really complain, but it just seems odd that the 4 closest teams all play in another division, while Tampa and Detroit share the "Atlantic" division.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Yeah, the Avs don't have another team within 750 miles.  There are no bus trips.

The Bruins can't really complain, but it just seems odd that the 4 closest teams all play in another division, while Tampa and Detroit share the "Atlantic" division.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like any type of scheduling cannot help with where the Av's are located.

xoxoxoxo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

xoxoxoxo

The only thing I could think of is if another team moved or was expanded to the Central time zone (say Milwaukee for example). Then the Avs could be moved to the Pacific. It wouldn't shorten the schedule, but for TV broadcasting they'd have more games in their own time zone against the Yotes, Flames and Oilers. Outside of that there's not much that could benefit them schedule wise (unless the league wants to put teams in... Wyoming?)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

xoxoxoxo

The only thing I could think of is if another team moved or was expanded to the Central time zone (say Milwaukee for example). Then the Avs could be moved to the Pacific. It wouldn't shorten the schedule, but for TV broadcasting they'd have more games in their own time zone against the Yotes, Flames and Oilers. Outside of that there's not much that could benefit them schedule wise (unless the league wants to put teams in... Wyoming?)

Well, if Kansas City or Salt Lake City ever got a team, that would be the closest, but that doesn't seem very likely.  The isolation from any other big cities is a big problem for youth and college hockey too.  Lots of air travel and lots of $$$ to play other competitive teams.

No solution available, so there's not much point in complaining about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well, if Kansas City or Salt Lake City ever got a team, that would be the closest, but that doesn't seem very likely.  The isolation from any other big cities is a big problem for youth and college hockey too.  Lots of air travel and lots of $$$ to play other competitive teams.

Yeah, I know fans like to complain about their team's travel schedules, but then you look at the USAFA Falcons hockey schedule and figure that if those poor bastards can make their travel schedule work (Why are they in the Atlantic for gawd's sake?) then the pro's shouldn't be complaining. At least they're Air Force - maybe they can hitch a ride.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, I know fans like to complain about their team's travel schedules, but then you look at the USAFA Falcons hockey schedule and figure that if those poor bastards can make their travel schedule work (Why are they in the Atlantic for gawd's sake?) then the pro's shouldn't be complaining. At least they're Air Force - maybe they can hitch a ride.

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly who I was thinking of red.  Similar to the Alaska schools in that their road games are usually 3000 miles away and in a different time zone, sandwiched into a weekend series.

But yeah, I suppose they shouldn't be there if they don't like flying...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Travel for a team is good.  Boston1916 will tell you.  When he was 15 and playing in juniors, his team went on a road trip.  It helped them.

Or something like that.

Anyway, the schedule is fine.  It will never be perfect, nor will the divisions.  There are a lot of difference forces at work under cover that influence all of this.  It will be fun to see all of the awesome teams more often down here in Florida.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Travel for a team is good.  Boston1916 will tell you.  When he was 15 and playing in juniors, his team went on a road trip.  It helped them.

Or something like that.

I totally agree with this style of posting. Posters like this should be responded to as if they were all bruins8.

xoxoxxoxo