2013 Bruin Playoff Fodder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

2013 Bruin Playoff Fodder

With the summer grinding on and almost at an end, I have had some time to think about this past playoff, changes that were made and where we're headed this year. Here is what I came up with:

1. From Round 1- game 7 to  Round 4- game 4 (14 games) the Bruins never lost in regulation. Losing on 3 games, all in overtime.

2. In 10 of the 14 games, the Bruins allowed 2 goals or less.

3. In 8 of those games, the Bruins allowed only 1 goal or less. (3 shoutouts).

4. They outscored the opposition 43-25, in regulation in those 14 games. From Round 2 to Round 4, game 4, 39-21 in regulation (13 games)

5. The did all of this with 3 right wingers that scored a combined 1 goal in that stretch and all of the playoffs.

Has there been such a hot streak in playoff history such as this? I don't think so. They could have swept the last three rounds. Don't laugh, with a healthy Gregory Campbell it could have happened.

Now, even though we've lost Horton, traded Seguin, and let go Ference, I think we will be even stronger next time around.

The addition of Ericksson, Soderberg and even Jarome Iginla should do just fine.

I know it's too much to ask, but if all of you don't get your shorts tied up in a knot with each game the Bruins lose in the regular season, you might be able to enjoy the ride next playoff when the Bruins steamroll over the opposition to another Stanley Cup. I can sense their intention to make complete amends in 2014.

Even though they ran out of gas and didn't get the Cup, what they did in the playoffs proves once again that when they want to play- and they have most of their players healthy - they will beat any team they play.

I believe it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: 2013 Bruin Playoff Fodder

The negativity and the heart attack after a loss routine was just too much for me last year.  If it's like that again this year, I'll be here a lot less.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I agree, wheats; two finals appearances in three years with this core (new goalie and all) means even the biggest chuckleheads should be smart enough to slow down after a bad game and think "well, not their best day, but we know what they can do...".  Probably won't happen.

I think what you've identified is a great answer to why the Bruins will beat the curse of the Cup loss.  Lately - since 2004 - losing in the Finals has been bad juju.  Flames lost the Lightning and haven't made the dance since (and won't any time soon).  Oilers lost to the 'Canes and haven't made the dance since.  Senators lost to the Ducks and haven't won a playoff round since (missing the playoffs several of those intervening years).  Penguins lost to Detroit then won the Cup the next year - the one "classic" story of a team needing to lose to understand what it takes to win that used to be a media cliche.  Their struggles came after the Cup win.  Wings haven't made a conference final since they lost to the Penguins, but they've won at least one round three of the four years, so you couldn't say they were cursed either.  Flyers - cursed.  Lost to Chicago, won one round the next year but then got hammered by the Bruins, then missed the playoffs for two years.  Well publicized that Vancouver has been a playoff shambles since losing to Boston, and the Devils didn't make the playoffs a year after making the Finals.

Great thing about this Bruins team is that this is exactly the kind of thing that means absolutely bupkiss to them in the playoffs.  Great, mentally strong team.

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The negativity and the heart attack after a loss routine was just too much for me last year.  If it's like that again this year, I'll be here a lot less.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!