2013 Draft Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: 2013 Draft Thread

Snoopy's lazy, dez - spends too much time on his back.  Maybe Lucy; she's got an edge to her - put the van Pelt kids on a line together?

Are you not entertained?!?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

something tells me PC'S going to have a busy week....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hope they can draft Snoopy in the later rounds.

lol....we can always give the next pick that nickname whether it fits or not....

[/QUOTE]

I know I will. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

They need to re-sign Toews, Kane, and Crawford in the next 2 seasons.....

If that's the reason, it isn't too bright.  Crawford's up next year and will expect a healthy raise given that he's UFA, but Kane and Toews have two more years until their deals expire.  It will be a different cap world by then, maybe by as much as $12-$15M.  Why weaken your team today for signings you need to address in two years?  And why jettison contracts that would be off the books by the time you need the money anyway?  Gotta be a this-year reason for it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Arnesson was TSN #49 & #13 CS Final Rankings International Skaters

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2013/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Linus-Arnesson

Hope they can draft Snoopy in the later rounds.[/QUOTE]

Just in case Snoop is taken by the 90th pick i'm going search for Peppermint or Patty. I've heard one of the two was one heck of Field Hockey player before switching in college.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Quote from Luongo "I'm in shock.  I have to take a break and figure out what I'm going to do."

Ummm, wild guess - play goal?  I love it.  Rather than saying he appreciates that they have confidence in him and is now eager or happy or even relieved - he doesn't know what he's going to do.

This dime store shrink says this is a man mentally broken.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Quote from Luongo "I'm in shock.  I have to take a break and figure out what I'm going to do."

Ummm, wild guess - play goal?  I love it.  Rather than saying he appreciates that they have confidence in him and is now eager or happy or even relieved - he doesn't know what he's going to do.

Your store is overcharging. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Connor Crisp ?

That kid had to have been messed with in school.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Now, now before we assume anything Crowles we have to wait for "BadHabs rookie camp skating report" LoL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE]

Now, now before we assume anything Crowles we have to wait for "BadHabs rookie camp skating report" LoL

[/QUOTE]

At least he has almost zero production for BadHab to trend.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Hogberg just got drafted.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2013/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Linus-Arnesson

Hope they can draft Snoopy in the later rounds.

Just in case Snoop is taken by the 90th pick i'm going search for Peppermint or Patty. I've heard one of the two was one heck of Field Hockey player before switching in college.

[/QUOTE]

PC should draft center Jani "Pig Pen" Hurme of the Swedish Malmo Redhawks.  Imagine a thick cloud of dust in front of the other team's goalie.  The ultimate in screens.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Peter Cehlárik   Slovakia Open print friendly window (pop-up)

Birthyear: 1995-08-02 Birthplace: Zilina, SVK Age: 17 Nation: Slovakia Position: LW Shoots: L Height: 188 cm / 6'2" Weight: 90 kg / 198 lbs Contract:

15/16

Drafted:

2013 round 3 #90 overall by Boston Bruins

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Broken by the yo-yo that his GM created.  I give loungo full marks for how he handled this. Heck he even said his contract stinks and he would shread it if he could.  Then they tell him basically twice in 2 yrs he wont be back.  Fail to deal him on both occasions.  Then say you are our guy.  I would love if he holds out.  

I like loungo.  I was hoping he would get outta that shitpit in van and to a team that will treat him better.  Im not sure ive ever seen a player treated worse.  Sure he gets a big payday.  i just think their gm is a joke.  I think they scored big in the trade and still have a very good goalie there.  The fact torts will have everyone blocking shots and trapping will only strengthen loungos numbers.  Look for a big year from him.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui0hF_eVpSk

http://www.eurohockey.com/player/513153-peter-cehlarik.html

Peter Cehlarik

PC going Euro on us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Peter Cehlárik   Slovakia Open print friendly window (pop-up)

Birthyear: 1995-08-02 Birthplace: Zilina, SVK Age: 17 Nation: Slovakia Position: LW Shoots: L Height: 188 cm / 6'2" Weight: 90 kg / 198 lbs Contract:

15/16

Drafted:

2013 round 3 #90 overall by Boston Bruins

Cehlarik has a pretty good-sized frame at 6'-2" and 198lbs, and being only 17, there's a chance he could get a bit bigger than that. Scouts like his size and feel that he has pretty good hands and puck-handling skills. Experts also feel that he is a smart player with good decision-making abilities. His rapid improvement means that scouts are still trying to catch up on their analysis of him a bit, as he is certainly at a very different level on draft boards than he was just six months ago. Some concerns in his game include his overall physicality and skating abilities. - SB Nation

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Somehow I doubt it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Who is Peter Cehlarik?

Peter Cehlarik is a left winger from Slovakia who has been playing his junior/professional hockey in Sweden the past couple years. Cehlarik started out his junior career with MsHK Zilina in the Slovakian U18 league, moving on to the junior league for the Swedish Elite League in 2011-12. He started out with Lulea's U18 team in 2011, but moved up to the club's top U20 team, and by the end of this year, the men's professional team in Elitserien (now, as of this month, known as the Swedish Hockey League in order to better confuse everyone). Cehlarik's impressive rise through the league ranks was capped off by his 8-game run in the top league, netting 6 points (3G, 3A), as well as playing in 6 playoff games for Lulea. He has also played for Team Slovakia in World Junior competition, including putting up 7 points in 6 games at this year's U18 Championship.

Cehlarik's rapid rise through the SEL this past year turned a lot of folks' heads and he has been climbing up draft boards quickly, especially after his stint in the top league. The fact that he is on the young side of this draft with an August 2, 1995 birthday adds to the impressiveness of his rise. Any 17 year old who is able to break into Sweden's top league and make an impact will get noticed by scouts and experts in a hurry. He went from being unranked by the CSS at mid-term to being the number 28 European skater in their last pre-draft rankings. Corey Pronman puts him up at number 50 overall in his pre-draft rankings.

Cehlarik has a pretty good-sized frame at 6'-2" and 198lbs, and being only 17, there's a chance he could get a bit bigger than that. Scouts like his size and feel that he has pretty good hands and puck-handling skills. Experts also feel that he is a smart player with good decision-making abilities. His rapid improvement means that scouts are still trying to catch up on their analysis of him a bit, as he is certainly at a very different level on draft boards than he was just six months ago. Some concerns in his game include his overall physicality and skating abilities.

Peter Cehlarik Player Statistics

What Experts are Saying About Cehlarik

Ryan Kennedy of The Hockey News had a bit to say about Cehlarik in this article:

Cehlarik, a Slovakian winger playing in Sweden, has been garnering a lot of buzz lately thanks to an end-of-year run with Lulea’s top team, where he scored three goals and six points in eight Elite League games. He’s a big kid with nice hockey sense and good hands, though scouts would like to see him play more physical. At 6-foot-2, 192 pounds, he certainly has the mass.

A common refrain on Cehlarik seems to be that he is a smart hockey player with a good feel for the game. Being a smart player can help make up for some shortcomings on the ice and Cehlarik seems to have plenty of other tools at his disposal. The physicality concerns don't bother me much, as he is younger and is still likely growing into his body a bit.

Dan Stewart included him as someone whose stock is rising in this "Movers and Shakers" piece at Future Considerations:

His impressive size, skill and smarts have helped him maintain his scoring pace into the SEL’s playoffs and has Future Considerations among others pushing his name into second round contention and rising.

So Chelarik, once considered more of a late-round pick, has leapt up into the possibly the second round for many experts, making him either someone the Devils would be "reaching for" a little bit in the second or hoping he finds his way down to the fourth round.

Corey Pronman is among those that now have him slotted in the second round, and has this to say over at Hockey Prospectus:

He is average sized, but still strong for a U18 player. He shows quality physical value in terms of his ability to protect the puck and win battles. Cehlarik is a skilled individual as well, and he can make above-average plays with the puck. He shows good vision as a playmaker, making quick decisions and processing the game well, especially considering his age and the SEL-level competition. His major issue is his skating, which is notably below average. He has a sluggish first few steps, and his top gear is not threatening.

Pronman likes his skills on the puck and his hockey IQ as well, and it seems like many of the aspects of his game are on the plus side, outside of the skating. Other scouts/experts don't seem to be quite as down on his skating as Pronman, but it is definitely a concern. He seems to have a lot of skill to make up for it if he can't find a higher gear for his feet, though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Tallon passes on Jones and takes his first European player, Barkov in his 9 drafts as GM. 

The Panthers needed a center.  With Gudbranson and Kulikov on D, they could afford to pass on Jones.  Adding Drouin wouldn't have made much sense as that would have given them two wingers without a good center.  Barkov, while surprising to many, wasn't that much of a stretch.

I was at the Panthers "Draft Day Party" today at the BB&T.  Bill Lindsay was running his radio show from Club Red, an overpriced glitzy gathering place for the super high enders.  They had games on the rink floor for the kids and the draft on every TV there, including the jumbotron.  My new ticket rep estimated that about 1,500 people attended.  Pretty cool scene overall for a Sunday in late June in South Florida.

Oh, and I am permanently moving to SoFla in August, so I decided to grab full season tickets with a guy from the office down here.  Get this:  Club level seating (bigger leather seats, carpeted floor, more legroom, private elevator, higher end concessions, lounge area etc) located in the corner, after a returning ticket holder discount and a draft day party discount, I got the full season for $770.  Including the pre-season games, there are 44 in total.  $17.50 a game.

Add in free parking ($20 each game), 10% off on concessions, tickets to four concerts at the BB&T (Selena Gomez is coming, book your flight, Shupe), two upgraded games in the ADT Zone (free food and drink) and more. 

Score of the century right there.

Sorry, back to the draft:

Pretty uneventful overall.  The NJ move was a good one.  I love that Shero is dumping quality for hope.  I thought Bettman's response to the booing was funny.  Seeing Sakic up there was cool.  I had hoped more would happen.  I always hope that.  It rarely does.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Peter Cehlárik   Slovakia

Birthyear: 1995-08-02 Birthplace: Zilina, SVK Age: 17 Nation: Slovakia Position: LW Shoots: L Height: 188 cm / 6'2" Weight: 90 kg / 198 lbs Contract: 15/16

Drafted: 2013 round 3 #90 overall by Boston Bruins

Looks like he moved up to Elitserien league, Same league tha Soderberg just played in, late in the year. That is pretty good for his age considering how long it took Carl to move up to a 1st division.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

CEHLARIK #28 CS Final Rankings International Skaters

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE]

ow, now before we assume anything Crowles we have to wait for "BadHabs rookie camp skating report" LoL

[/QUOTE]

Not to give him any ideas, but I'm waiting for BadHab's alternate universe draft where we lament that they didn't take Subban.

No one has taken Subban.  Couple of reports were saying that if Boston was interested, they'd have to take him at 60 because he probably wouldn't last to 90.  Still on the board as I type.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Oh, and I am permanently moving to SoFla in August, so I decided to grab full season tickets with a guy from the office down here.  Get this:  Club level seating (bigger leather seats, carpeted floor, more legroom, private elevator, higher end concessions, lounge area etc) located in the corner, after a returning ticket holder discount and a draft day party discount, I got the full season for $770.  Including the pre-season games, there are 44 in total.  $17.50 a game.

Add in free parking ($20 each game), 10% off on concessions, tickets to four concerts at the BB&T (Selena Gomez is coming, book your flight, Shupe), two upgraded games in the ADT Zone (free food and drink) and more. 

Wow.  Sounds like the AHL.  Is the NHL sure they can't make better money in more northerly climes?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Not to give him any ideas, but I'm waiting for BadHab's alternate universe draft where we lament that they didn't take Subban.

No one has taken Subban.  Couple of reports were saying that if Boston was interested, they'd have to take him at 60 because he probably wouldn't last to 90.  Still on the board as I type.

Why am I taking shiite today?  Go get bent, all of you

Sections
Shortcuts