2013 Trade and Proposal Tracker: just over a week left, one thread por favor.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: 2013 Trade and Proposal Tracker: just over a week left, one thread por favor.

In response to originalcallodthedom's comment:

I want someone who can score. Not a diver and clowe. close has looked lost much like Lucic for the year. 

Call, ask yourself one question; "is Clowe better to have on the roster  than Pandolfo or Caron?"

If the answer is yes then he is worth considering.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

Re: 2013 Trade and Proposal Tracker: just over a week left, one thread por favor.

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I want someone who can score. Not a diver and clowe. close has looked lost much like Lucic for the year. 

Call, ask yourself one question; "is Clowe better to have on the roster  than Pandolfo or Caron?"

Yea but for what? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yea but for what? 

Probably not much considering his price tag and lack of production this season. Absolutely no team is going to engage in a bidding war for him at the deadline. That said PC would be completely incompetent not to check it out at any rate. If the price is acceptable then go for it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Yea but for what? 

Probably not much considering his price tag and lack of production this season. Absolutely no team is going to engage in a bidding war for him at the deadline. That said PC would be completely incompetent not to check it out at any rate. If the price is acceptable then go for it.

If PC wants to dance with the Sharks, I don't think they'd be looking for either D prospects or Goalie prospects as they're deep in btoh. Narrows his trade options a bit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yea but for what? 

Chiarelli, despite what I think about his ability to draft, is a smart man.  He's not going to get fleeced and he's not going to make an even up trade.  If there is a deal made, it will be something that we're happy about.  I bet teams were looking to take him to the woodshed last year and he just declined.

If a good deal for the team can't be made, my guess is that he stands pat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Couldn't agree more NAS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Yea but for what? 

Chiarelli, despite what I think about his ability to draft, is a smart man.  He's not going to get fleeced and he's not going to make an even up trade.  If there is a deal made, it will be something that we're happy about.  I bet teams were looking to take him to the woodshed last year and he just declined.

If a good deal for the team can't be made, my guess is that he stands pat.

my only thing is the way close has been playing this year there's not a lot of good trade options. Hence why there hasn't been a trade already. In my eyes anyways. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Per Darren Dreger Tues 7:49est:

Will have more tonight on TSN's Sportscentre. Bruins-Flames continue to discuss Iginla trade with multiple assets in play. Not close, but...it could progress if Flames make a decision. Boston also looking at other options including players with term on contracts.

It sounds like a pretty wide spectrum of possibilities from Iginla (and more) to nothing. Im hoping for the former and a long playoff run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

Will have more tonight on TSN's Sportscentre. Bruins-Flames continue to discuss Iginla trade with multiple assets in play. Not close, but...it could progress if Flames make a decision. Boston also looking at other options including players with term on contracts.

It sounds like a pretty wide spectrum of possibilities from Iginla (and more) to nothing. Im hoping for the former and a long playoff run.

Classic Dreger...covering all bases to the point of saying absolutely nothing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

But when it comes down to who I go to on twitter to get the right story it's Lebrun, McKenzie and Dregger. I believe them before anyone else when it comes to reports of GMs speaking to each other.

Hacks and Murphy with a bunch others like Eklund just throw stuff up there to see if sticks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Here's a twist, Kiprusoff refuses to be traded, says he won't report to any other team:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=15731&navid=nhl:topheads

Feaster loses more leaverage.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Multiple assets intrigues me, I realize Bruins will be trading more than one, but i wonder what else if anything may go with Iginla.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Classic Dreger...covering all bases to the point of saying absolutely nothing.

I watched it JM. He actually said it's just a matter of whether Feaster will finally say yes to a rebuild. He also said that he'd better decide sooner than later because PC has more irons in the fire including offers on up to 4 players with term left on deals.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I watched it JM. He actually said it's just a matter of whether Feaster will finally say yes to a rebuild. He also said that he'd better decide sooner than later because PC has more irons in the fire including offers on up to 4 players with term left on deals.

To state the obvious...Feaster would have to be the most incompetent man on the planet if he does not go for the rebuild. That team is horrible and unwatchable. Period. Rant over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

To state the obvious...Feaster would have to be the most incompetent man on the planet if he does not go for the rebuild. That team is horrible and unwatchable. Period. Rant over.

I was just pleased to hear that PC isn't putting all his eggs in one basket. Contingency plans are good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I was just pleased to hear that PC isn't putting all his eggs in one basket. Contingency plans are good.

No question, Dez. I am trying not to create unrealistic expectations but it is starting to get hard not to....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

My question then becomes, if we are trading for players with terms left, are we seeing roster players going the other way? Im kind of hoping that the Iginla trade falls through just to see whose fire Chiarelli's iron is in lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Here's a twist, Kiprusoff refuses to be traded, says he won't report to any other team:

There's something I haven't heard of before:  A player giving himself a no-trade clause when he doesn't have a no-trade clause.

That's pretty ridiculous.  There is a thing called honor, Kiprusoff.  The Flames have paid you a lot more than you have been worth for a lot longer than they should have.  Refusing to follow the rules of the contract is against everything that is good about sports.  Is he friends with Keith Tkachuk?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yep, that is a bizarre development for sure. In a way it is better than pulling a Visnovsky and waiting until after a trade to make your sentiments heard, however.

Apparently he had an MNC up until this season so perhaps he is a little miffed the team is trying to move him without consulting with him first.

Either way, it ia amateurish on many levels.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yep, that is a bizarre development for sure. In a way it is better than pulling a Visnovsky and waiting until after a trade to make your sentiments heard, however.

Apparently he had an MNC up until this season so perhaps he is a little miffed the team is trying to move him without consulting with him first.

Either way, it ia amateurish on many levels.

Visnovsky didn't mind getting traded.  He minded getting traded to the Islanders.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

There's something I haven't heard of before:  A player giving himself a no-trade clause when he doesn't have a no-trade clause.

That's pretty ridiculous.  There is a thing called honor, Kiprusoff.  The Flames have paid you a lot more than you have been worth for a lot longer than they should have.  Refusing to follow the rules of the contract is against everything that is good about sports.  Is he friends with Keith Tkachuk?

Agreed. That's a greasy move by Kiprusoff.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Agreed. That's a greasy move by Kiprusoff.

Nick Kypreos was on SportsNet tonight after the Leafs game and said that Kiprusoff and his wife just had a baby and believes that his refusal to move to another team stems from his desire to stick close to home.

Kiprusoff only has one year left in his(front-loaded) contract and would be willing to retire as a Flame by not reporting and being suspended for next year.

MacLean commented that he doubted that Feaster would do that to (agruably=Vernon) the best goaltender Calgary has ever had...FWIW.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Nick Kypreos was on SportsNet tonight after the Leafs game and said that Kiprusoff and his wife just had a baby and believes that his refusal to move to another team stems from his desire to stick close to home.

Kiprusoff only has one year left in his(front-loaded) contract and would be willing to retire as a Flame by not reporting and being suspended for next year.

MacLean commented that he doubted that Feaster would do that to (agruably=Vernon) the best goaltender Calgary has ever had...FWIW.

F him.  The Calgary Flames and the fans of the Calgary Flames are going to be punished because the guy bopped his wife a couple of years ago and a swimmer got through?  Stupid.

So what if he has an infant?  Dude, you signed a $35M contract.  Rent a huge house and get 10 servants to cater to your wife and kid.  After your contract is up, go live where ever you want.  

You know why he doesn't care about being suspended for next season?  His absurd contract was so front loaded that the final year (next year) is at $1.5M.  I'm happy that the lockout addressed contracts like this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

F him.  The Calgary Flames and the fans of the Calgary Flames are going to be punished because the guy bopped his wife a couple of years ago and a swimmer got through?  Stupid.

Is...is there something about Finnish biology I don't know?

[Incidentally re: "I am that guy I hate" - I am sad for you.]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

the guy bopped his wife a couple of years ago and a swimmer got through?

Five hole